Keeper of the Light/Counters
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape from Mana Leak and to initiate on Keeper of the Light.
- Spell Shield blocks a big part of Keeper of the Light's damage.
- Mana Void is strong against Keeper of the Light because of his big mana pool, that he quickly replenishes in team-fights.
- Berserker's Blood is very effective against Keeper of the Light's mainly magical damage.
- Life Break allows Huskar to jump and quickly kill Keeper of the Light.
- Press the Attack can be used to purge Mana Leak and the blind from Blinding Light from a hero.
- Duel can be used to instantly take Keeper of the Light out of a team-fight.
- Rage allows him to purge Mana Leak and the Blinding Light blind from himself.
- Open Wounds allows him to slow and kill Keeper of the Light.
- Crippling Fear prevents Keeper of the Light from using his spells to keep his team alive during team-fights.
- Darkness is very strong against Keeper of the Light, who relies on is being daytime to be effective.
- Mana Burn is strong against Keeper of the Light due to his high mana pool.
- Spiked Carapace can be used to reflect Illuminate damage and stun Keeper of the Light.
- Vendetta allows Nyx Assassin to follow Keeper of the Light around if he tries to split-push.
- Heroes with blinks or similar abilities: Phantom Assassin, Puck, Queen of Pain, Storm Spirit, …
- Heroes with purges: Legion Commander, Oracle, Slark, …
- Heroes that can jump and kill him: Meepo, Clinkz, Templar Assassin, …
- Blade Mail can reflect Keeper of the Light's damage back to him.
- Blink Dagger can be used to jump Keeper of the Light or to escape from Mana Leak.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity can be used to purge Mana Leak and Blinding Light.
- Lotus Orb can be used to purge Mana Leak and Blinding Light.
- Black King Bar blocks all of Keeper of the Light's abilities.
- Both Mana Leak and Blinding Light from Keeper of the Light will be a problem for Bristleback. Mana Leak because Bristleback grows stronger if he uses first two abilities, and Blinding Light is because Bristleback, like many other heroes, should chase enemies.
- For the same reason as Timbersaw, the already low mana pool Earth Spirit needs a lot of mana for his spells.
- Keeper of the Light's exceptionally long cast range for Mana Leak can effectively disable Monkey King's flexible motility and low mana pool. Also, Blinding Light can knock Monkey King outside of his ultimate, Wukong's Command or can generally blind him effectively. Aghanim's Scepter also gives him unobstructed vision during daytime, which is very important against Monkey King.
- Timbersaw's heavy reliance on mobility and abilities makes him extremely susceptible to Mana Leak.
- Timbersaw requires carful positioning, which can be disrupted by Blinding Light.
- Mana Drain can take advantage of Wraith King's high ability cost and shallow mana pool, preventing him from using Wraithfire Blast and Reincarnate.
- Wraith King's poor mobility makes him vulnerable to Illuminate.
- Blinding Light can reduce his damage output as well as his already abysmal movement speed.
- Mana reliant heroes with natural mana problems: Earthshaker, Pudge, Storm Spirit, …
- Melee carries during the laning phase: Sven, Slark, …
- Heroes that rely on mobility: Clinkz, Monkey King, Weaver, …
Works well with...Anti-Mage
- While in lane, Mana Break brings an enemy closer to a stun from Mana Leak with every hit.
- Mana Void works in synergy with the Mana Leak's drain on enemy mana pool, allowing maximum spell damage.
- In the lane Chakra Magic can sustain Luna's mana pool and makes Lucent Beam unexpectedly very low cooldown (up to 0 second) nuke, especially in early game.
- He can also help her to split-push more effectively with Recall and to siege with Illuminate heal.
- Mana Leak limits enemy movement, making for easier Meat Hooks. It can also effectively drain mana during the hook.
- Dismember is a good setup for Illuminate.