Keeper of the Light
|Keeper of the Light|
Ezalor, the Keeper of the Light, is a ranged intelligence hero famous for his reputation as a one-man support team. Supporting his allies in need, and pushing unguarded lanes with ease, Ezalor is a very valuable ally for any team. Having a variety of useful abilities, he can channel a powerful globe of intense light that can heavily damage an army of enemy creeps in the lane, allowing for an easy push. He can also restore mana and reduce cooldown for himself and his allies as well as blind his enemies with an intense light that also damages and displaces them. His Ultimate hypnotizes enemies in an AoE periodically, allowing his allies to follow over with their attacks around this immensely powerful crowd control. Keeper of the Light requires patience, confidence, and selfless behavior to play him well, as he is played as a support instead of a killer caster like most Intelligence gankers. His set of abilities also requires good timing, reflexes, and knowledge to use well.
- The damage increases by 3.75/4.01/4.17/4.27 for every 0.03 seconds, starting as the 0.3 second cast time begins.
, Illuminate also heals allies during daytime.
- Checks the current daytime upon releasing the wave. Cannot heal during the nights caused by and .
- The heal value is based on the calculations of the damage value, so they scale in the same way.
- Therefore, the heal increases by 1.5/1.6/1.67/1.71 for every 0.03 seconds, starting as the cast time begins.
- This means it can heal a minimum of 12 ( 76) health.
- Cannot heal invulnerable allies or couriers.
- During the channeling, vision fields get created in a line in front of Ezalor.
- The vision fields provide 375 range flying vision and last for 10.34 seconds each.
- The first vision field spawns 150 range in front of Ezalor. The following ones spawn 150 range away from the previous vision fields.
- The vision fields are spawned in 0.5 second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after channeling start, resulting in up to 3/4.4/5.8/7.2 fields.
- When the channeling gets canceled, it stops spawning vision fields. This does not affect the travel distance of the wave.
- When fully channeled, all vision fields together reach up to 825/1035/1245/1455 range away with their vision.
- The horses only spawn when the spell is channeled for the full 2/2.7/3.4/4.1 seconds and only have a visual purpose.
- Replaces until the channeling ends.
- Interrupts Keeper of the Light's channeling spells upon cast.
- Replaces while having the buff on.
- Upon cast, an image of Ezalor is spawned at his location, which channels the Illuminate for him. Ezalor can act freely during this.
- Aside from that, same notes as for Illuminate apply.
- Replaces while it is being channeled by the spirit.
- Same notes as for apply.
- Checks the target's current position once upon cast and then in 0.1 second intervals, resulting in 71 checks.
- For each 10 distance moved, the slow value increases by 1.5%/2%/2.5%/3%.
- On each check, it compares the target's current position with its position on the last check and updates the slow value if the accumulated distance exceeds 10.
- If the target moved a distance greater than 1300 between a check, the slow value is not increased.
- This is how strong the movement speed slow is when the affected unit travels certain distances:
- 300 Distance: 12%/16.5%/21%/25.5% movement speed.
- 600 Distance: 24%/33%/42%/51% movement speed.
- 900 Distance: 36%/49.5%/63%/76.5% movement speed.
- 1200 Distance: 48%/66%/84%/102% movement speed.
- 1500 Distance: 60%/82.5%/105%/127.5% movement speed.
- There is not cap to the slow value, it can continue to grow indefinitely. The status debuff's description shows how strong the slow currently is.
- The particle effects get stronger the higher the slow gets, capped at 100% slow. The volume of the sound effect on the target increases while moving.
- Reduces most enemy heroes' total magic resistance to 14%/10%/6%/2%, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Only available during .
- Knocks units back at a speed of 1000. Knockback distance is always 400, no matter how far the unit is from the center.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack, cast spells and use items. Channeling spells are not interrupted.
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Any tree a knocked back unit collides with gets destroyed.
- Requires to be unlocked.
- While flickering, moves enemies towards the wisp, and locks their facing angle on it. Does not disable enemies in any other way.
- Destroys trees within the radius upon cast.
- Destroys trees within a 200 radius around affected enemies at the end of the pull.
- When casting Will-O-Wisp multiple times, each wisp works independently from each other.
- Spirit Form interrupts Ezalor's channeling spells upon cast.
- Gets replaced by when cast, due to lack of abiliy slots.
- When Spirit Form expires while a spirit is channeling , it is released instantly.
- Only available during .
- Targeting the ground chooses the closest allied hero to the targeted point.
- If Keeper of the Light or the target dies, the spell effect is interrupted.
- Checks received damage before any sort of reductions, meaning it gets interrupted even by 0 damage instances.
- Self-inflicted damage does not cancel the effect. Only damage coming from a player (including allies) or cancels it.
- Gives the target a stop command after teleporting it, effectively canceling channeling spells.
- The disable help function prevents an allied Ezalor from casting this spell on you.
|+200 Cast Range||15||-8sCooldown|
|+20 Movement Speed||10||+30%Miss|
- The cast range talent also affects the max distance of .
- Increased max damage from 200/300/400/500 to 225/325/425/525.
- Rescaled cooldown from 22/20/18/16 to 23/20/17/14.
- Increased mana restored from 80/160/240/320 to 100/180/260/340.
- Level 15 right talent: -6s cooldown increased to -8s.
- Reduced mana cost from 150/160/170/180 to 100/125/150/175.
- can no longer be cast on enemies to make them lose 4.5%/5%/5.5%/6.5% of current mana per 100 range moved for 5 seconds.
- is no longer a basic ability.
- Added to the 2nd ability slot.
- Reduces a target enemy's magic resistance, and slows their movement speed that increases in strength as the target moves.
- Cast time: 0.2
- Cast range: 700/750/800/850
- Magic resistance reduction: 15%/20%/25%/30%
- Movement speed slow per 100 distance moved: 4%/5.5%/7%/8.5%
- Duration: 7
- Mana cost: 60/80/100/120
- Cooldown: 22/20/18/16
- Notes: If the target moved a distance greater than 1300 between a check, the slow value is not increased.
- is no longer an ultimate ability.
- Added to the ultimate ability slot.
- Temporarily turns luminescent, gaining movement speed and cast range. Allows Illuminate to be channeled by a separate spirit, and grants the
- Movement speed bonus: 20%/25%/30%
- Cast range bonus: 125/250/375
- Duration: 40
- Mana cost: 75/125/175
- Cooldown: 90/80/70
- Notes: When cast, the ability gets hidden, appears in the 4th ability slot, and appears in the ultimate ability slot.
- After a short delay, teleprots the targeted allied hero to Ezalor. If the ally takes damage, the teleport is interrupted.
- Cast time: 0.3
- Cast range: Global
- Teleport delay: 3
- Mana cost: 150
- Cooldown: 15
- Notes: Replaces Spirit Form upon cast, and stays until it expires. Can be ground-targeted, choosing the closest ally to the targeted point. The teleport cancels when the target takes player-based damage, or when Keeper of the Light is dead as the buff expires. Disablehelp prevents an allied Keeper of the Light from casting this on you.
- Now appears in the 4th ability slot during Spirit Form.
- Rescaled cast range from 475/550/625/700 to 600.
- Reduced enemy miss chance from 70% to 40%.
- Rescaled damage from 50/100/150/200 to 100.
- Increased knockback distance from 350 to 400.
- Rescaled duration from 3/4/5/6 to 4.
- Rescaled cooldown from 20/18/16/14 to 18.
- Rescaled mana cost from 130/145/160/175 to 150.
- Old: Allows to heal allies during the day for the same amount as its damage values, and causes Illuminate to not require channeling.
- New: Grants the ability.
- Now applies non-disabling forced movement on enemies, instead of a stun. [ ]
- Multiple instances of Will-O-Wisp no longer pulsate at the same rate, and now work all based on when they were individually cast.
- No longer has an extra 0.75 seconds duration at the end of the last flicker. [ ]
- Reduced cooldown from 130 to 60.
- Reduced mana cost from 250/350/450 to 250.
- Increased number of flickers from 3/4/5 to 5.
- Increased attacks to destroy from 4/5/6 to 6.
- Increased enemy pull speed from 35 to 60.
upgrade for :
- Causes to heal allies for 40% of its damage values during daytime.
- Level 10 right talent changed: -2.5s cooldown ➜ +30% miss chance.
- Level 15 right talent changed: +2 flicker ➜ -6s cooldown.
- Level 20 right talent changed: +150 radius ➜ +15s duration.
- Level 25 left talent changed: +160 damage/heal ➜ +160 damage.
- Level 25 right talent changed: +3 flicker ➜ 1.2s stun.
- provides health regeneration while laning, which mitigates harass damage by lane opponents. Keeper of the Light can share it with allies if needed.
- also restores health early on to you and teammates.
- gives some attributes, and can be used to build Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- gives vision around the map, and helps Keeper of the Light get into a good position to use Illuminate.
- gives Keeper of the Light more movement speed for little expense. The passive regeneration keeps his health at full, allowing him to be self-sustaining as he can replenish his mana with Chakra Magic.
- can be used for mobility, saving teammates, or forcibly displacing enemies, particularly effective when combined with and Blinding Light.
- may save Keeper of the Light and allies with invisibility and magic resistance. Also, he can activate it before or during channeling of Illuminate and Town Portal Scroll.
- enable Keeper of the Light to use Will-O-Wisp twice for longer hypnotizes time or enlarge the targeted area.
- grants immunity against physical damage so Keeper of the Light can survive against enemy carries.
- provides a large boost to attributes and excellent mana regeneration, allowing Keeper of the Light to use Chakra Magic on teammates more frequently instead of on himself. The Hex it offers is very powerful on Keeper of the Light, as he otherwise lacks an instant hard disable.
- synergizes well with Keeper of the Light's support abilities, as he can heal his teammates as well as restore their mana. The overall attributes and armor also provide Keeper of the Light with considerably more survivability, while Chakra Magic covers the item's high mana cost.
- root makes chasing or escaping from single enemies much easier due to its long cast range and low cooldown. grants more survivability and a larger mana pool. Its
- gives Keeper of the Light a sustainable mana pool and increased movement speed, allowing him to be much more active on the battlefield. The active ability dispels debuffs such as silences while making Keeper of the Light temporarily invulnerable, or disables an enemy long enough for Illuminate to charge up damage.
- removes the channel on Illuminate, making it easier to charge to full power, and allows Illuminate to heal during the day, keeping allied units healthy during fights and pushes.
- gives Keeper of the Light armor, attributes, and mana regeneration. As a ranged support, you have the ability to reduce an enemy's or Roshan's armor for your team to capitalize on, or give an ally more armor to extend their survivability.
- resists and shields Keeper of the Light and teammates against magical damage so they can survive and contribute to teamfights.
- improves Keeper of the Light's armor and regeneration. The basic dispel and active ability increase survivability of him and his allies by removing debuffs and may dissuade the enemies from using targeted abilities.
- increases Keeper of the Light's cast range, letting him support allies from a safer distance away.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler Jungler|
|Playstyle:||What appears to be a frail old man on his steed is, in truth, a Fundamental, the Keeper of the Light. Ezalor's staff Illuminates the darkest corners, banishing evil from the realm. He replenishes his companions with Chakra Magic, while casting a Blinding Light over the land, causing attacks to miss. Heads turn to stare at a mysterious shimmering orb, unable to look away as the Keeper's allies encircle foes hypnotized by the flickering lights of the Will-O-Wisp.|
- Ezalor's design in Dota 2 makes several references to Gandalf, an iconic character from The Lord of the Rings book series.
- His clothing is almost purely white, similar to Gandalf's attire.
- Illuminate's wave animation are a group of stampeding white horses. This is similar to the spell Gandalf cast on the torrent of water, at the ford of Bruinen, in the first book, The Fellowship of the Ring. Additionally, it has similarities to his reinforcements at Helm's Deep during the second book, The Two Towers. This is also depicted in the splash art, with Ezalor taking Gandalf's place at the head of the charge.
- The Mana Leak cast line ▶️ "You shall not cast!" is a reference to one of Gandalf's most famous quotes: "You shall not pass!"
- The unused Mana Leak cast line ▶️ "Run! Run, I say!" is a reference to another one of Gandalf's famous quotes: "Fly, you fools!"
- The respawn lines ▶️ "Ezalor... I think that's my name" is likely a reference to Gandalf "respawning" as The White: "Gandalf? ... Yes ... That was my name ... Gandalf the Grey."
- One of Ezalor's cosmetic items, the Wise Cap of the First Light makes him look even more like Gandalf.
- The lines ▶️ "Kundalini!" and ▶️ "The serpent of illumination stirs!" come, as well as the term "Chakra" are derived from Hinduism. Kundalini is described as a dormant inner strength, or "sleeping serpent waiting to be awakened".
- fundamental forces of the universe with Keeper of the Light representing the electromagnetic force, the force responsible for light.
, , , and together represent the four
- Io's lore mentions "the great twin riders Dark and Light," referring to Chaos Knight (weak interaction) and Keeper of the Light (electromagnetism) uniting under the electroweak interaction.
- The rivalry line ▶️ "And chaos fled!" may be a reference to an official bug that can occur when fighting the final boss of Final Fantasy, Chaos, as you can win the fight without damaging him (he simply just fled).
- His rare line ▶️ "I'll tell thee everything I can, there's little to relate." and ▶️ "Very gladly will I drink your honor's noble health." are quotes of the poem by "Haddock's Eyes" by Lewis Carroll, a poem about a very odd old man.
- His rare line ▶️ "I'll forego green girdles and questing beasts, for all such knightly trifles pale before the light." is a reference to the book The Sword in the Stone.