Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Keeper of the Light
|Keeper of the Light|
Ezalor the Keeper of the Light is a ranged intelligence hero famous for his reputation as a one-man support team. Supporting his allies in need, and pushing unguarded lanes with ease, Ezalor is a very valuable ally for any team. Having a variety of useful abilities, he can channel a powerful globe of intense light that can heavily damage an army of enemy creeps in the lane, allowing for an easy push; and manipulate the mana around him, restoring mana for himself and his allies or draining the mana of his enemy. His Ultimate allows him to gain his full power, giving Ezalor access to 2 sub-abilities and an improved existing ability, giving him six different abilities in total. Keeper of the Light requires patience, confidence, and selfless behavior to play him well, as he is played as a support instead of a killer caster like most Intelligence gankers. His wide set of abilities also requires good timing, reflexes, and knowledge to use well.
- Damage and heal increase by 1 for every 0.01 seconds, starting as the 0.3 second cast time begins.
- The damage/heal increasing talent does not alter this. The talent's bonus is added after the scaling damage is calculated.
- This means it can deal a minimum of 30 ( 230) damage and heal for a minimum of 30 ( 230) health.
- This also means that the maximum damage and heal are reached after 1.7/2.7/3.7/4.7 seconds of channeling.
- Checks the current daytime upon releasing the wave. Cannot heal during the nights caused by and .
- During the channeling, the spell spawns vision fields in a line in front of Ezalor.
- The vision fields provide 375 range flying vision and last for 10.34 seconds each.
- The first vision field spawns 150 range in front of Ezalor. The following ones spawn 150 range away from the previous vision fields.
- The vision fields are spawned in 0.5 second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after channeling start, resulting in up to 3/5/7/9 fields.
- When the channeling gets canceled, it stops spawning vision fields. This does not affect the travel distance of the wave.
- When fully channeled, all vision fields together reach up to 825/1125/1425/1725 range away with their vision.
- The horses only spawn when the spell is channeled for the full 2/3/4/5 seconds and only have a visual purpose.
- Replaces until the channeling ends.
- Interrupts Keeper of the Light's channeling spells upon cast.
- Checks the target's current position once upon cast and then in 0.1 second intervals, resulting in 41/51/61/71 checks.
- On each check, it compares the target's current position with its position on the last check and reduces its mana based on the distance between the positions.
- Does not reduce mana when the distance between two positions is greater than 300. So a unit needs to move at more than 3000 speed, or blink a distance greater than 300 to not lose mana.
- The target has to move a distance of 2000 to lose 100% of its mana.
- Does not reduce mana on invulnerable units.
- Casting Mana Leak on a unit with no mana pool stuns it instantly.
- The sound effect upon losing mana is only audible to the target.
- Increases the target's maximum mana pool, without affecting its current mana.
- The mana restoring is applied after the maximum mana has been increased.
- Upon losing the buff, the unit's max mana pool is reverted to its default, without affecting its current mana.
- Can be cast on units with no mana pool, but it does not grant them any mana, nor does it give them a mana pool. The cooldown reduction works.
- While having the buff, the first ability which goes on cooldown gets its cooldown reduced. Following cooldowns are not reduced.
- Can reduce the cooldown for any ability which can go on cooldown. This includes passive abilities.
- Each cast places a new buff on the unit. This means the maximum mana pool increment stacks. However, the cooldown reduction does not stack.
- Spirit Form interrupts Ezalor's channeling spells upon cast.
- When Spirit Form expires or is acquired while a spirit is channeling , it is released instantly.
- When acquiring Aghanim's Scepter while channeling
, the permanent spirit form is applied after the channeling finishes or is stopped.
- However, the healing effect is instantly applied to the current channeling Illuminate and Ezalor instantly gains unobstructed vision.
- Keeper of the Light loses his spirit form upon death. When having Aghanim's Scepter, it gets reapplied upon spawn.
- This ability is unlocked while having the buff on.
- Targeting the ground chooses the closest allied hero to the targeted point.
- If Keeper of the Light or the target dies, the spell effect is interrupted.
- Damage is checked before any sort of reduction. This means that it gets canceled even when the damage is fully blocked. Has no minimum damage threshold.
- Self-inflicted damage does not cancel the effect. Only damage coming from a player (including allies) or cancels it.
- Gives the target a stop command after teleporting it, effectively canceling channeling spells.
- The disable help function prevents an allied Ezalor from casting this spell on you.
- This ability is unlocked while having the buff on.
- Knocks units back at a speed of 1312.5. Knockback distance is always 525, no matter how far the unit is from the center.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack, cast spells and use items. Channeling spells are not interrupted.
- Can knock units over impassable terrain. Destroys trees within 150 radius of affected units upon landing.
- This ability replaces while having the buff on.
- Upon cast, an image of Ezalor is spawned at his location, which channels the Illuminate for him. Ezalor can act freely during this.
- Aside from that, same notes as for Illuminate apply.
- Replaces while it is being channeled by the spirit.
- Same notes as for apply.
|+300Mana||20||+40% Magic Resistance|
|+350 Cast Range||15||+40% XP Gain|
|+25 Movement Speed||10||8% Spell Lifesteal|
- The cast range talent also affects the max distance of both .
- The spell lifesteal talent stacks additively with other sources of spell lifesteal.
- The spell lifesteal talent heals for 1.6% from non-hero units. Treats creep-heroes as creeps and does not heal off of illusions.
- The magic resistance talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The magic resistance talent increases Keeper of the Light's magic resistance to 55%.
- provides health regeneration while laning, which mitigates harass damage by lane opponents. Keeper of the Light can share it with allies if needed.
- also restores health early on to you and teammates.
- gives some attributes, and can be used to build Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- should always be purchased by a support at the start of the game.
- gives vision around the map, and helps Keeper of the Light get into a good position to use Illuminate.
- increase Keeper of the Light's mobility, which can be crucial for getting into position to cast his spells.
- increases Keeper of the Light's attributes for cheap, and provides burst health and mana restoration, increasing overall survivability.
- gets Keeper of the Light to teamfights and ganks as his abilities are needed there.
- gives Keeper of the Light more movement speed for little expense. The passive regeneration keeps his health at full, allowing him to be self-sustaining as he can replenish his mana with Chakra Magic.
- gives Keeper of the Light constant access to Spirit Form, as well as making Illuminate much more powerful at healing and pushing.
- may save Keeper of the Light and allies with invisibility and magic resistance. Also, he can activate it before or during channeling of Illuminate and Town Portal Scroll.
- can be used for mobility, saving teammates, or forcibly dispositioning enemies, particularly effective when combined with Mana Leak and Blinding Light.
- grants immunity against physical damage so Keeper of the Light can survive against enemy carries.
- synergizes well with Aghanim's Scepter and Spirit Form to reveal invisible enemies and wards through unobstructed vision.
- synergizes well with Keeper of the Light's support abilities, as he can heal his teammates as well as restore their mana. The overall attributes and armor also provide Keeper of the Light with considerably more survivability, while Chakra Magic covers the item's high mana cost.
- gives Keeper of the Light a sustainable mana pool and increased movement speed, allowing him to be much more active on the battlefield. The active ability dispels debuffs such as silences while making Keeper of the Light temporarily invulnerable, or disables an enemy long enough for Illuminate to charge up damage.
- gives Keeper of the Light attributes and armor, making him more survivable. Its active ability also gives him powerful teamfight contribution, especially when coupling with Illuminate, and is a good item to buy if your team can capitalize on their magic nukes.
- gives Keeper of the Light armor, evasion, and mana regeneration. As a ranged support, you have the ability to reduce an enemy's armor for your team to capitalize on, or give an ally more armor to extend their survivability. As well, it greatly helps when your team wants to kill Roshan.
- increases the size of Keeper of the Light's health pool and grants him evasion against physical attacks; its active ability disarm the enemy carry for a short time, useful if they have a that counters Blinding Light's miss chance.
- root makes chasing or escaping from single enemies much easier due to its extremely long cast range and low cooldown. grants more survivability and a larger mana pool. Its
- resists and shields Keeper of the Light and teammates against magical damage so they can survive and contribute to teamfights.
- gives Keeper of the Light more physical survivability, a larger mana pool, and better teamfight contribution. The intelligence and armor allow Keeper of the Light to participate more in fights, while the attack speed aura and active freeze aura slows enemies' attempts to deal damage with their physical attacks and slows their movement speed with an additional damage nuke.
- provides a large boost to attributes and excellent mana regeneration, allowing Keeper of the Light to use Chakra Magic on teammates more frequently instead of on himself. The Hex it offers is very powerful on Keeper of the Light, as he otherwise lacks an instant hard disable.
- are a very powerful item to have on Keeper of the Light. Besides the increased mobility and freeing up an item slot, the global teleport can be combined with Recall, allowing him to bring two heroes almost anywhere on the map.
- helps Keeper of the Light use abilities more often, especially with Chakra Magic. Illuminate will also heal him for a good amount after hitting many enemy heroes.
- improves Keeper of the Light's armor and regeneration. The basic dispel and active ability increase survivability of him and his allies by removing debuffs and may dissuade the enemies from using targeted abilities.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler Jungler|
|Playstyle:||What appears to be a frail old man on his steed is, in truth, a Fundamental, the Keeper of the Light. Ezalor's staff Illuminates the darkest corners, banishing evil from the realm. He undermines enemy casters with Mana Leak, while replenishing his companions with Chakra Magic. The Keeper's Spirit Form emerges in the face of true adversity. A Blinding Light flashes over the land, causing foes to miss their attacks, thus rendering them helpless against the reinforcements Ezalor has Recalled to his side.|
- Ezalor's design in Dota 2 makes several references to Gandalf, an iconic character from The Lord of the Rings book series.
- His clothing is almost purely white, similar to Gandalf's attire.
- Illuminate's wave animation are a group of stampeding white horses. This is similar to the spell Gandalf cast on the torrent of water, at the ford of Bruinen, in the first book, The Fellowship of the Ring. Additionally, it has similarities to his reinforcements at Helm's Deep during the second book, The Two Towers. This is also depicted in the splash art, with Ezalor taking Gandalf's place at the head of the charge.
- The Mana Leak cast line Play "You shall not cast!" is a reference to one of Gandalf's most famous quotes: "You shall not pass!"
- The unused Mana Leak cast line Play "Run! Run, I say!" is a reference to another one of Gandalf's famous quotes: "Fly, you fools!"
- The respawn lines Play "Ezalor... I think that's my name" is likely a reference to Gandalf "respawning" as The White: "Gandalf? ... Yes ... That was my name ... Gandalf the Grey."
- One of Ezalor's cosmetic items, the Wise Cap of the First Light makes him look even more like Gandalf.
- The lines Play "Kundalini!" and Play "The serpent of illumination stirs!" come, as well as the term "Chakra" are derived from Hinduism. Kundalini is described as a dormant inner strength, or "sleeping serpent waiting to be awakened".
- fundamental forces of the universe with Keeper of the Light representing the electromagnetic force, the force responsible for light.
, , , and together represent the four
- Io's lore mentions "the great twin riders Dark and Light," referring to Chaos Knight (weak interaction) and Keeper of the Light (electromagnetism) uniting under the electroweak interaction.
- The rivalry line Play "And chaos fled!" may be a reference to an official bug that can occur when fighting the final boss of Final Fantasy, Chaos, as you can win the fight without damaging him (he simply just fled).
- His rare line Play "I'll tell thee everything I can, there's little to relate." and Play "Very gladly will I drink your honor's noble health." are quotes of the poem by "Haddock's Eyes" by Lewis Carroll, a poem about a very odd old man.
- His rare line Play "I'll forego green girdles and questing beasts, for all such knightly trifles pale before the light." is a reference to the book The Sword in the Stone.