Keeper of the Light
|Keeper of the Light|
Ezalor, the Keeper of the Light, is a ranged intelligence hero famous for his reputation as a one-man support team. Supporting his allies in need, and pushing unguarded lanes with ease, Ezalor is a very valuable ally for any team. Having a variety of useful abilities, he can channel a powerful globe of intense light that can heavily damage an army of enemy creeps in the lane, allowing for an easy push. He can also restore mana and reduce cooldown for himself and his allies as well as blind his enemies with an intense light that also damages and displaces them. His Ultimate hypnotizes enemies in an AoE periodically, allowing his allies to follow over with their attacks around this immensely powerful crowd control. Keeper of the Light requires patience, confidence, and selfless behavior to play him well, as he is played as a support instead of a killer caster like most Intelligence gankers. His set of abilities also requires good timing, reflexes, and knowledge to use well.
- The Damage and heal increase by 1 for every 0.01 seconds, starting as the 0.3 second cast time begins.
- The damage/heal increasing talent does not alter this. The talent's bonus is added after the scaling damage is calculated.
- This means it can deal a minimum of 30 ( 230) damage and heal for a minimum of 30 ( 230) health.
- This also means that the maximum damage and heal are reached after 1.7/2.7/3.7/4.7 seconds of channeling.
- Checks the current daytime upon releasing the wave. Cannot heal during the nights caused by and .
- During the channeling, the spell spawns vision fields in a line in front of Ezalor.
- The vision fields provide 375 range flying vision and last for 10.34 seconds each.
- The first vision field spawns 150 range in front of Ezalor. The following ones spawn 150 range away from the previous vision fields.
- The vision fields are spawned in 0.5 second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after channeling start, resulting in up to 3/5/7/9 fields.
- When the channeling gets canceled, it stops spawning vision fields. This does not affect the travel distance of the wave.
- When fully channeled, all vision fields together reach up to 825/1125/1425/1725 range away with their vision.
- The horses only spawn when the spell is channeled for the full 2/3/4/5 seconds and only have a visual purpose.
- The Spirit Form buff is granted by . It has only visual purposes and does nothing.
- Replaces until the channeling ends.
- Interrupts Keeper of the Light's channeling spells upon cast.
- This ability replaces while having equipped.
- Upon cast, an image of Ezalor is spawned at his location, which channels the Illuminate for him. Ezalor can act freely during this.
- Aside from that, same notes as for Illuminate apply.
- Replaces while it is being channeled by the spirit.
- Same notes as for apply.
- Knocks units back at a speed of 875. Knockback distance is always 350, no matter how far the unit is from the center.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack, cast spells and use items. Channeling spells are not interrupted.
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Any tree a knocked back unit collides with gets destroyed.
- Only reduces cooldowns of every non-ultimate ability, including passive abilities.
- Checks the enemy target's current position once upon cast and then in 0.1 second intervals, resulting in 51 checks.
- On each check, it compares the target's current position with its position on the last check and reduces its mana based on the distance between the positions.
- Does not reduce mana when the distance between two positions is greater than 300. So a unit needs to move at more than 3000 speed, or blink a distance greater than 300 to not lose mana.
- Does not reduce mana on invulnerable units.
- The sound effect upon losing mana is only audible to the target.
- The wisp starts flickering 1 second after cast, and then every 3.15 seconds, up to 3/4/5 ( 5/6/7) times.
- While flickering, hypnotizes all enemies within the area, setting their movement speed to 35, forcing them to move towards the wisp, and preventing them from acting.
- Destroys trees within the radius upon cast.
- When casting Will-O-Wisp a second time while a previous cast is still active, the second wisp pulses synchronised with the first one.
- This is not limited to a second wisp. All wisps placed while previous ones exist pulse simultaneously.
- This also includes wisps placed by allies, but does not include enemy wisps.
|+250 Cast Range||15||+2Flicker|
|+25 Movement Speed||10||-3sCooldown|
- The cast range talent also affects the max distance of .
- Level 10 right talent: Changed from +6% Spell Amplification to -3s Cooldown.
- Level 15 right talent: Changed from +1 Health Count to +2 Flicker.
- Level 20 right talent: Changed from +40% Magic Resistance to +250 AoE.
- Level 25 right talent: Changed from +3 Flicker to +3 Health Count.
- Level 10 right talent: Replaced +20% experience gain with +6% spell damage amplification.
- Level 10 right talent: Reduced experience gain bonus from 30% to 20%.
- provides health regeneration while laning, which mitigates harass damage by lane opponents. Keeper of the Light can share it with allies if needed.
- also restores health early on to you and teammates.
- gives some attributes, and can be used to build Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- gives vision around the map, and helps Keeper of the Light get into a good position to use Illuminate.
- gives Keeper of the Light more movement speed for little expense. The passive regeneration keeps his health at full, allowing him to be self-sustaining as he can replenish his mana with Chakra Magic.
- can be used for mobility, saving teammates, or forcibly displacing enemies, particularly effective when combined with and Blinding Light.
- may save Keeper of the Light and allies with invisibility and magic resistance. Also, he can activate it before or during channeling of Illuminate and Town Portal Scroll.
- enable Keeper of the Light to use Will-O-Wisp twice for longer hypnotizes time or enlarge the targeted area.
- grants immunity against physical damage so Keeper of the Light can survive against enemy carries.
- provides a large boost to attributes and excellent mana regeneration, allowing Keeper of the Light to use Chakra Magic on teammates more frequently instead of on himself. The Hex it offers is very powerful on Keeper of the Light, as he otherwise lacks an instant hard disable.
- synergizes well with Keeper of the Light's support abilities, as he can heal his teammates as well as restore their mana. The overall attributes and armor also provide Keeper of the Light with considerably more survivability, while Chakra Magic covers the item's high mana cost.
- root makes chasing or escaping from single enemies much easier due to its long cast range and low cooldown. grants more survivability and a larger mana pool. Its
- gives Keeper of the Light a sustainable mana pool and increased movement speed, allowing him to be much more active on the battlefield. The active ability dispels debuffs such as silences while making Keeper of the Light temporarily invulnerable, or disables an enemy long enough for Illuminate to charge up damage.
- removes the channel on Illuminate, making it easier to charge to full power, and allows Illuminate to heal during the day, keeping allied units healthy during fights and pushes.
- gives Keeper of the Light armor, attributes, and mana regeneration. As a ranged support, you have the ability to reduce an enemy's or Roshan's armor for your team to capitalize on, or give an ally more armor to extend their survivability.
- resists and shields Keeper of the Light and teammates against magical damage so they can survive and contribute to teamfights.
- improves Keeper of the Light's armor and regeneration. The basic dispel and active ability increase survivability of him and his allies by removing debuffs and may dissuade the enemies from using targeted abilities.
- increases Keeper of the Light's cast range, letting him support allies from a safer distance away.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler Jungler|
|Playstyle:||What appears to be a frail old man on his steed is, in truth, a Fundamental, the Keeper of the Light. Ezalor's staff Illuminates the darkest corners, banishing evil from the realm. He replenishes his companions with Chakra Magic, while casting a Blinding Light over the land, causing attacks to miss. Heads turn to stare at a mysterious shimmering orb, unable to look away as the Keeper's allies encircle foes hypnotized by the flickering lights of the Will-O-Wisp.|
- Ezalor's design in Dota 2 makes several references to Gandalf, an iconic character from The Lord of the Rings book series.
- His clothing is almost purely white, similar to Gandalf's attire.
- Illuminate's wave animation are a group of stampeding white horses. This is similar to the spell Gandalf cast on the torrent of water, at the ford of Bruinen, in the first book, The Fellowship of the Ring. Additionally, it has similarities to his reinforcements at Helm's Deep during the second book, The Two Towers. This is also depicted in the splash art, with Ezalor taking Gandalf's place at the head of the charge.
- The Mana Leak cast line ▶️ "You shall not cast!" is a reference to one of Gandalf's most famous quotes: "You shall not pass!"
- The unused Mana Leak cast line ▶️ "Run! Run, I say!" is a reference to another one of Gandalf's famous quotes: "Fly, you fools!"
- The respawn lines ▶️ "Ezalor... I think that's my name" is likely a reference to Gandalf "respawning" as The White: "Gandalf? ... Yes ... That was my name ... Gandalf the Grey."
- One of Ezalor's cosmetic items, the Wise Cap of the First Light makes him look even more like Gandalf.
- The lines ▶️ "Kundalini!" and ▶️ "The serpent of illumination stirs!" come, as well as the term "Chakra" are derived from Hinduism. Kundalini is described as a dormant inner strength, or "sleeping serpent waiting to be awakened".
- fundamental forces of the universe with Keeper of the Light representing the electromagnetic force, the force responsible for light.
, , , and together represent the four
- Io's lore mentions "the great twin riders Dark and Light," referring to Chaos Knight (weak interaction) and Keeper of the Light (electromagnetism) uniting under the electroweak interaction.
- The rivalry line ▶️ "And chaos fled!" may be a reference to an official bug that can occur when fighting the final boss of Final Fantasy, Chaos, as you can win the fight without damaging him (he simply just fled).
- His rare line ▶️ "I'll tell thee everything I can, there's little to relate." and ▶️ "Very gladly will I drink your honor's noble health." are quotes of the poem by "Haddock's Eyes" by Lewis Carroll, a poem about a very odd old man.
- His rare line ▶️ "I'll forego green girdles and questing beasts, for all such knightly trifles pale before the light." is a reference to the book The Sword in the Stone.