Keeper of the Light
|Keeper of the Light|
Ezalor the Keeper of the Light is a ranged intelligence hero famous for his reputation as a one-man support team. Supporting his allies in need, and pushing unguarded lanes with ease, Ezalor is a very valuable ally for any team. Having a variety of useful abilities, he can channel a powerful globe of intense light that can heavily damage an army of enemy creeps in the lane, allowing for an easy push. He can also restore mana and reduce cooldown for himself and his allies as well as blind his enemies with an intense light that also damages and displaces them. His Ultimate hypnotizes enemies in an AoE periodically, allowing his allies to follow over with their attacks around this immensely powerful crowd control. Keeper of the Light requires patience, confidence, and selfless behavior to play him well, as he is played as a support instead of a killer caster like most Intelligence gankers. His set of abilities also requires good timing, reflexes, and knowledge to use well.
- The Damage and heal increase by 1 for every 0.01 seconds, starting as the 0.3 second cast time begins.
- The damage/heal increasing talent does not alter this. The talent's bonus is added after the scaling damage is calculated.
- This means it can deal a minimum of 30 ( 230) damage and heal for a minimum of 30 ( 230) health.
- This also means that the maximum damage and heal are reached after 1.7/2.7/3.7/4.7 seconds of channeling.
- Checks the current daytime upon releasing the wave. Cannot heal during the nights caused by and .
- During the channeling, the spell spawns vision fields in a line in front of Ezalor.
- The vision fields provide 375 range flying vision and last for 10.34 seconds each.
- The first vision field spawns 150 range in front of Ezalor. The following ones spawn 150 range away from the previous vision fields.
- The vision fields are spawned in 0.5 second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after channeling start, resulting in up to 3/5/7/9 fields.
- When the channeling gets canceled, it stops spawning vision fields. This does not affect the travel distance of the wave.
- When fully channeled, all vision fields together reach up to 825/1125/1425/1725 range away with their vision.
- The horses only spawn when the spell is channeled for the full 2/3/4/5 seconds and only have a visual purpose.
- The Spirit Form buff is granted by . It has only visual purposes and does nothing.
- Replaces until the channeling ends.
- Interrupts Keeper of the Light's channeling spells upon cast.
- Knocks units back at a speed of 875. Knockback distance is always 350, no matter how far the unit is from the center.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack, cast spells and use items. Channeling spells are not interrupted.
- Can knock units over impassable terrain. Destroys trees within 150 radius of affected units upon landing.
- Only reduces cooldowns of every non-ultimate ability, including passive abilities.
- The wisp starts flickering 1 second after cast, and then every 3.15 seconds, up to 3/4/5 ( 5/6/7) times.
- While flickering, hypnotizes all enemies within the area, setting their movement speed to 25, forcing them to move towards the wisp, and preventing them from acting.
- Destroys trees within the radius upon cast.
- When casting Will-O-Wisp a second time while a previous cast is still active, the second wisp pulses synchronised with the first one.
- This is not limited to a second wisps. All wisps placed while previous ones exist pulse simultaniously.
- This also includes wisps placed by allies, but does not include enemy wisps.
|+300Mana||20||+40% Magic Resistance|
|+350 Cast Range||15||+1Health Count|
|+25 Movement Speed||10||+30% XP Gain|
- provides health regeneration while laning, which mitigates harass damage by lane opponents. Keeper of the Light can share it with allies if needed.
- also restores health early on to you and teammates.
- gives some attributes, and can be used to build Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- should always be purchased by a support at the start of the game.
- gives vision around the map, and helps Keeper of the Light get into a good position to use Illuminate.
- increase Keeper of the Light's mobility, which can be crucial for getting into position to cast his spells.
- increases Keeper of the Light's attributes for cheap, and provides burst health and mana restoration, increasing overall survivability.
- gives Keeper of the Light more movement speed for little expense. The passive regeneration keeps his health at full, allowing him to be self-sustaining as he can replenish his mana with Chakra Magic.
- may save Keeper of the Light and allies with invisibility and magic resistance. Also, he can activate it before or during channeling of Illuminate and Town Portal Scroll.
- can be used for mobility, saving teammates, or forcibly dispositioning enemies, particularly effective when combined with and Blinding Light.
- grants immunity against physical damage so Keeper of the Light can survive against enemy carries.
- provides a large boost to attributes and excellent mana regeneration, allowing Keeper of the Light to use Chakra Magic on teammates more frequently instead of on himself. The Hex it offers is very powerful on Keeper of the Light, as he otherwise lacks an instant hard disable.
- gives Keeper of the Light a sustainable mana pool and increased movement speed, allowing him to be much more active on the battlefield. The active ability dispels debuffs such as silences while making Keeper of the Light temporarily invulnerable, or disables an enemy long enough for Illuminate to charge up damage.
- gives Keeper of the Light attributes and armor, making him more survivable. Its active ability also gives him powerful teamfight contribution, especially when coupling with Illuminate, and is a good item to buy if your team can capitalize on their magic nukes.
- gives Keeper of the Light armor, attributes, and mana regeneration. As a ranged support, you have the ability to reduce an enemy's or Roshan's armor for your team to capitalize on, or give an ally more armor to extend their survivability.
- root makes chasing or escaping from single enemies much easier due to its extremely long cast range and low cooldown. grants more survivability and a larger mana pool. Its
- synergizes well with Keeper of the Light's support abilities, as he can heal his teammates as well as restore their mana. The overall attributes and armor also provide Keeper of the Light with considerably more survivability, while Chakra Magic covers the item's high mana cost.
- resists and shields Keeper of the Light and teammates against magical damage so they can survive and contribute to teamfights.
- gives Keeper of the Light more physical survivability, a larger mana pool, and better teamfight contribution. The intelligence and armor allow Keeper of the Light to participate more in fights, while the attack speed aura and active freeze aura slows enemies' attempts to deal damage with their physical attacks and slows their movement speed with an additional damage nuke.
- helps Keeper of the Light use abilities more often, especially with Chakra Magic. Illuminate will also heal him for a good amount after hitting many enemy heroes.
- improves Keeper of the Light's armor and regeneration. The basic dispel and active ability increase survivability of him and his allies by removing debuffs and may dissuade the enemies from using targeted abilities.
|Roles:||Support Nuker Disabler Jungler|
|Playstyle:||What appears to be a frail old man on his steed is, in truth, a Fundamental, the Keeper of the Light. Ezalor's staff Illuminates the darkest corners, banishing evil from the realm. He replenishes his companions with Chakra Magic, while casting a Blinding Light over the land, causing attacks to miss. Heads turn to stare at a mysterious shimmering orb, unable to look away as the Keeper's allies encircle foes hypnotized by the flickering lights of the Will-O-Wisp.|
- Ezalor's design in Dota 2 makes several references to Gandalf, an iconic character from The Lord of the Rings book series.
- His clothing is almost purely white, similar to Gandalf's attire.
- Illuminate's wave animation are a group of stampeding white horses. This is similar to the spell Gandalf cast on the torrent of water, at the ford of Bruinen, in the first book, The Fellowship of the Ring. Additionally, it has similarities to his reinforcements at Helm's Deep during the second book, The Two Towers. This is also depicted in the splash art, with Ezalor taking Gandalf's place at the head of the charge.
- The Mana Leak cast line Play "You shall not cast!" is a reference to one of Gandalf's most famous quotes: "You shall not pass!"
- The unused Mana Leak cast line Play "Run! Run, I say!" is a reference to another one of Gandalf's famous quotes: "Fly, you fools!"
- The respawn lines Play "Ezalor... I think that's my name" is likely a reference to Gandalf "respawning" as The White: "Gandalf? ... Yes ... That was my name ... Gandalf the Grey."
- One of Ezalor's cosmetic items, the Wise Cap of the First Light makes him look even more like Gandalf.
- The lines Play "Kundalini!" and Play "The serpent of illumination stirs!" come, as well as the term "Chakra" are derived from Hinduism. Kundalini is described as a dormant inner strength, or "sleeping serpent waiting to be awakened".
- fundamental forces of the universe with Keeper of the Light representing the electromagnetic force, the force responsible for light.
, , , and together represent the four
- Io's lore mentions "the great twin riders Dark and Light," referring to Chaos Knight (weak interaction) and Keeper of the Light (electromagnetism) uniting under the electroweak interaction.
- The rivalry line Play "And chaos fled!" may be a reference to an official bug that can occur when fighting the final boss of Final Fantasy, Chaos, as you can win the fight without damaging him (he simply just fled).
- His rare line Play "I'll tell thee everything I can, there's little to relate." and Play "Very gladly will I drink your honor's noble health." are quotes of the poem by "Haddock's Eyes" by Lewis Carroll, a poem about a very odd old man.
- His rare line Play "I'll forego green girdles and questing beasts, for all such knightly trifles pale before the light." is a reference to the book The Sword in the Stone.