As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Item drop system
(Redirected from Item drops)
Available drops are defined by the Drop List.
- After every matchmaking game, each player has a small chance to receive an item or set.
- All drops in Dota 2 are solely based on time played in Dota 2 via matchmaking.
- Winning, losing, or individual performance has no effect on item drop chance.
- Certain events award players with cosmetic items for participating.
Spectating a Tournament game
Main Article: Heroic
- While spectating a tournament game with over 100 viewers, one or more Heroic items are randomly given out to viewers each time a memorable event occurs.
- When another player uses Shopkeeper's Surprise, Legendary Largesse, or Breathtaking Benefaction during a match or while in Spectator mode, randomly chosen players will receive items.
- Only certain types of items can be obtained through drops.
- Not every item in these categories can drop.
- Possible drops are determined by the Drop List.
- Players who abandon the game will not receive drops.
- Players in Low Priority queue will not receive drops.
- A Steam account that is locked, suspended, or VAC banned will not receive drops.
- Immortal rarity items do not drop.
|Item rarity||In-game message|
|Rare||Some of these items contain custom animations for the Heroes that wear them.|
|Mythical||These items often contain custom animations and spell effects for the Heroes that wear them.|
|Legendary||These items are incredibly rare objects, often replacing entire couriers and hero mounts with new models and effects.|
|Arcana||These items are the rarest of all, capable of adding new models, sounds, spell effects, and HUD icons for a Hero.|
- Dota 2's item drop system was inspired by the drop system from Team Fortress 2, but does not function entirely in the same way.
- Upon receiving an item, respective visual and sound effects and hero voice responses will play depending on the rarity of the item.
- Increased drop rate for sets.
- Re-enabled single item drops.