|A simple but effective weapon devised to quell a great Hellbear uprising.|
Neutral Drop Only
The Iron Talon is a tier 1 neutral item dropped by neutral creeps.
- Iron Talons are fully sharable.
- When targeting a unit, it deals damage based on the target's current health.
- Cannot target any player-controlled units or ancient creeps.
- Uses the shorter cast range and long cooldown when targeting units.
- When targeting a tree or ward, it instantly destroys it.
- Targeting a tree puts the item on a 4 second cooldown, instead of 25 seconds.
- Can target any tree, , , , and .
- Uses the shorter cast range for trees and longer cast range for wards, traps and mines, and the short cooldown for both.
- The cast sound does not play when targeting trees.
- Does not share cooldown with or .
Attack Damage Bonus (Melee): 18
Attack Damage Bonus (Ranged): 5
- Stacks with the Quell of , but not with or additional Iron Talons.
- When the owner's attack type changes to ranged or melee, the attack damage bonus adapts immediately.
- When attacking creeps, Quell also causes cleave, splash, and to deal more damage to every unit they hit.
- The damage bounces are not increased, since they are based on the attacker's attack damage value.
- Use the active in the jungle against the creep with the most current HP in the middle and hard camp.
- Chop can be used to make it easier to last hit creeps that are being attacked by a tower. The extra damage might just be enough to kill the creep if just the attack damage wouldn't be enough.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Iron Talon's active ability, Chop, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.