- prevents Io from healing the target.
- allows Bloodseeker to see where Io relocated to, should either Io or the tethered hero have low health.
- forces Io to stay in place, preventing it from using the Tether bonus movement speed to escape.
- is very effective against Io, as it has very low armor and has to stay close to the fight to not break its Tether.
- and allow Clinkz to quickly kill Io due to its low armor.
- directly negates Relocate.
- Grimstroke can catch Io and his ally easily with as Io has a tendency to tether himself with an ally frequently.
- Io is highly vulnerable to disables. Hence, Grimstroke's is a great ability to hinder Io's potential.
- is very effective against Io due to its low health and armor.
- will usually hit both Io and its tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump.
- and hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to Io and its tethered target.
- Lich's forces Io to give up providing buff to his ally with or suffer devastating damage with his tethered ally.
- Lich could easily use to disable Io from getting away with or .
- can cancel Tether and Relocate.
- and make short work of Io and its tethered ally.
- allows Phantom Assassin jump directly to Io.
- makes short work of Io's low health and armor.
- and allow Sniper to reach Io even if it stays in the backline.
- can be used to escape or counter-initiate against a Relocate gank.
- and is devastating due to Io's low armor, and can even knock it away from tethered target.
- can be used to save a hero from a Relocate gank.
- can render the extra attack speed from Overcharge meaningless.
- and are very affective against Io, as it has to stay close to its tethered hero.
- Heroes that are hard to gank: , ,
- Heroes that can easily bypass Io's allies to get to Io: , , ,
- takes out Io quickly in teamfights.
- allows players to jump on Io for quick kill.
- shuts down Io's mobility.
- Drow Ranger's lack of escape abilities makes her an easy target for Relocate ganks.
- Tether helps Io escape from Earthbind even if Meepo has Blink Dagger.
- Io's Spirits can pressure Meepo while laning and will usually hit at least one of his clones.
- Nature's Prophet is extremely easy to gank with Relocate while he's split pushing.
- Tether on a friendly unit can destroy Nature Prophet's trees should he surround himself with as a defense.
- Phoenix's limit AoE, damage-over-time abilities give Io plenty of time to save allies with Relocate.
- Tether and Overcharge makes it much harder for Pudge to kill a target with , and Relocate can save the Io's ally while is being channeled.
- Io can escape from Pit of Malice with Tether or Relocate.
- Relocate can counter Dark Rift's split pushing.
Works well with...
- Chaos Knight's single target disables makes him a formidable ganker when Relocated.
- slow. can bring an enemy into the Spirits
- Tether's regeneration and movement speed buff fuel Gyrocopter's abilities and ganks in the early and mid game.
- Spirits's movement speed slow keeps enemies in range of Gyrocopter's abilities and attacks.
- Overcharge's attack speed buff complements Gyrocopter's attack damage items in the late game.
- works with Tether, healing both heroes for an enourmous amount.
- When Juggernaut uses , Io's Tether will persist, buffing Juggernaut's attack speed with Overcharge.
- 's heal is very powerful when combined with Tether.
- Relocate can be used to pick off lone enemies using .
- Overcharge helps Legion Commander win s more easily.
- With , Io can Relocate two heroes at the same time for a surprise gank.
- 's movement speed slow helps Io land Spirits.
- Overcharge makes Phantom Assassin more durable and allows her to get more hits in.
- becomes more powerful with higher movement speed, and benefits from Overcharge's attack speed increase.
- Tethering to Spirit Breaker while he is using can pull Io along for a considerable distance.
- Sven's mobility is greatly improved by Tether.
- and will take down an enemy in no time after a Relocate.
- Mana regeneration from Io's items allows Sven to initiate much more often with .
- Tiny's burst damage with and is ideal for finishing off enemies quickly during a Relocate gank.
- Tiny can also Io if the enemy gets away.
- Relocate helps negate Tiny's mobility issues.
- Overcharge greatly boosts Tiny's slow base attack speed.
- Ursa's burst melee damage makes him an ideal ally to bring along on Relocate ganks.
- Ursa's mobility is greatly improved by Tether.
- Overcharge will allow Ursa to dish out heavy damage with as well as making him literally invincible while enraged.
- In general, heroes that can stun and beat down an opponent quickly will work well with Relocate.
- Heroes with long disables make up for Io's lack of them and can buy time for Relocate's channel: , , , ,
- Heroes who can provide vision help scout out Relocate's destination: , , ,
- Heroes with area healing abilities, combined with Tether, provide large amount of regeneration to Io and tethered targets: , ,
- 's health drain is mitigated by Tether's healing.
- and Relocate to bring in another hero make ganking easy.
- can heal your teammates and tethered hero large amounts of hp.
- grants you and your tethered teammate amazingly high survivability.