Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
Io the Wisp is a ranged strength hero who works best as part of a communicative team. With its support-oriented skill set, Io can share its healing and buffs through Tether and Overcharge, harass enemy heroes out of the lane with Spirits, and materialize itself and an ally anywhere on the map with Relocate.
Io does not need to be facing towards a unit in order to attack, use abilities, or use items. It still has a front, marked by an arc-like effect, and a back.
- Has a sub-ability that lets Io break the tether while connected with an ally.
- Tethering a unit that is 700 units or further away causes Io to latch on and pull itself to the target.
- Pulls Io at a speed of 1000, until coming within 300 range of the target.
- Can pull Io over impassable terrain.
- Destroys trees within 350 radius around Io right after the pull.
- If Io breaks the tether while getting pulled to the tethered target, the pull immediately stops.
- The pull gets interrupted when Io gets stunned, hexed, hidden, feared, hypnotize, or rooted during the pull.
- Forced movement cancels the pull as well, but only after the movement ends, and not upon getting applied.
- Taunts, leashes, and silences do not interrupt the pulling.
- If the distance between Io and the target gets greater than 900 (or 2150 during the pull), the Tether breaks.
- When the distance between Io and the tethered target gets greater than 700, the link's visual appearance changes.
- Tether has no set duration. It breaks only when exceeding the break distances, when Io or the target die, when Io gets or when using the sub-spell.
- The movement speed bonus is only applied to the tethered ally, while Io copies the target's speed.
- Io only copies the base speed of the target and any speed bonuses it has, flat and percentage.
- If the target gets slowed, Io's speed does not copy the movement speed loss caused by the slow.
- However, Io can be slowed directly by slowing effects, but cannot have its movement speed increased by other sources.
- The tethered unit benefits from health and mana. , , and from Io regenerating or replenishing
- If Io is tethered to an invisible unit, enemies can only see a fake link leading to the invisible unit's last known location.
- When the level 25 talent is chosen, Io performs instant attacks on every enemy the tethered ally attacks.
- The attacks are performed as soon as the ally launches their attack (including instant attacks). It does not matter whether the attack actually hits or not.
- Does not perform attacks when the tethered target also has this talent (i.e. an illusion of Io).
- The instant attacks of Io can proc every attack modifier normally. The attacks have no True Strike, but completely ignore disarms.
- Replaces until the Tether is broken.
- Interrupts Io's channeling spells upon cast.
- Goes on a 0.25-second cooldown when Tether is cast, so that it cannot be immediately broken.
- Interrupts Io's channeling spells upon cast.
- Upon use, this spell gets replaced by a sub-spell which allows moving the spirits in or out.
- 5 spirits are summoned over the course of four seconds (in 0.8 second intervals) so that the distance between each spirit is equal.
- The first spirit is always spawned to the north of Io, with the following spirits spawning in one second interval behind the previous spirit.
- The spirits expand automatically to their maximum distance upon cast.
- The spirits always rotate clockwise and are locked to Io's location, following it wherever it goes.
- Moving the spirits in or out does not break their formatting. They always rotate in a circle and keep equal distance from each other.
- The spirits complete a revolution every 2.7 seconds regardless of distance from Io.
- Their angular velocity is constant, meaning their speed increases the further away they are from the caster.
- This means the first created spirit can rotate at most 7 times around Io.
- When a non-hero unit comes within the 110 collision radius of the spirits, it takes the collision damage.
- When a hero comes within collision radius, the spirit explodes, dealing the explosion damage ( and slowing enemies) within a 360 radius.
- Remaining spirits detonate simultaneously at the end of the duration or if recast, dealing the explosion damage ( and applying the slow) around them.
- Spirits provide 150 radius flying vision for 3 seconds at the location where they collided with a hero.
- They do not provide vision when exploding caused by expiring or recasting.
- The spirits are invisible to the enemy if Io is invisible.
- Can deal up to 100/200/300/400 ( 475/575/675/775) damage to a single unit when all 5 spirits explode on a target (before reductions).
removes the need to cast Spirits, and makes them spawn constantly around Io, like with a regular cast.
- When acquiring Aghanim's Scepter while a spirits cast is already active, the spirits from that cast disappear without exploding.
- When losing Aghanim's Scepter, the spirits from it do not disappear, and last until colliding with an enemy or until Io dies.
- Despite the tooltip, the spirits still spawn in 0.8-second intervals, not in 1-second intevals.
- The sub-spell is still available and can be used normally. The Spirits ability itself is hidden.
- This ability replaces until all spirits are gone.
- Does not interrupts Io's channeling spells upon cast.
- Moves the spirits in or out at a speed of 250. It takes 2 seconds to move the spirits from max to min distance and vice versa.
- Interrupts Io's channeling spells upon cast.
- Io does not need to be already tethered to transfer the Overcharge. Tethering afterwards transfers it as well.
- The Overcharge on allies does not show a duration, and always appears like a permanent buff.
- Io and the tethered ally's effective health are increased by 5%/11%/18%/25%.
- Double-clicking the ability automatically targets the team's fountain area.
- If Io is stunned, slept, cycloned, or hexed during the effect delay, Relocate gets cancelled.
- Can be cast while Io is rooted, but the teleport does not happen when still rooted after the delay.
- If Io is silenced as the delay finishes, the teleport does not happen either.
- Disabling the tethered ally of Io does not prevent the ally from getting teleported if Io successfully does so.
- The returning teleportation cannot be prevented.
- Enemies get a notification on their minimap during the teleport delay, showing them where Relocate was targeted.
- Creates a visual effect at the targeted point during the teleport delay, which is visible to everyone.
- Creates a visual effect at Io's position before the teleport happens, which also is visible to everyone.
- Relocate interrupts channeling spells and every current order of Io and the tethered ally both on initial teleport, and when going back.
- Disjoints projectiles for Io upon teleporting to the targeted point, but does not disjoint upon teleporting back.
- Does not disjoint projectiles for the teleported ally, neither upon teleporting to the target point, nor upon teleporting back.
- Io may break its tether at any time to prevent bringing an ally back.
- Teleports invulnerable and hidden targets.
- Destroys trees within 300 radius around Io upon both teleports.
- The Disablehelp option prevents Io from relocating the respective ally.
|+15 Armor||20||+75Hero Damage|
|+8 Health Regen||15||Apply Slow|
|+45 Damage||10||+90 Gold/Min|
- provides health regeneration to Io and a lane partner, thanks to Tether.
- keeps Io and ally up in health during the early game.
- sustains Io and ally with mana to use abilities.
- gives some health regeneration, as well as mana restoration.
- increases strength so Io can hit harder and has more health. It also builds into Soul Ring.
- , available at the Secret Shop, restores both ally's health and mana with Tether.
- heals Io while Tether passes that healing to an allied target.
- instantly restores mana and health to both Io and a tethered ally.
- grants strength and health regeneration. More importantly, Io can pass the created mana to the tethered ally so both parties can use their respective abilities. Consider items like Tranquil Boots or Helm of the Dominator that boost health regeneration to sustain the health cost of Soul Ring.
- gives attributes and a bit more amount of heal compared to Magic Stick.
- , upgraded from , increases regeneration and healing for Io to keep allies healthy, while providing bonus health and movement speed to boost Io's survivability.
- restore a large amount of mana to Io and allies with Tether.
- heals Io's tethered partner for much more than the standard 275. It also provides an armor and health regeneration aura to boost survivability.
- dominate a creep to take advantage of its auras and abilities, as well as boosting the movement speed of both parties thanks to Tether, giving Io an option of skipping buying boots. provides extra health regeneration for tethered allies, and has an attack speed aura that stacks with Overcharge. It also allows Io to
- , built from Mekansm and Arcane Boots to save an item slot, restore huge amount of health and mana to Io and its team, especially with Tether.
- allows Io or allied target to escape from enemies with invisibility and magic resistance.
- shields Io from physical attacks, so it stays alive longer to help allies.
- gives a huge amount of health and health regeneration, increasing the tethered allies health regeneration and survivality.
- provides huge damage output, which allows taking down tethered ally's targets (with the appropriate talent taken) rapidly.
- grants experience to help Io reach its talents.
- heals Io and tethered allies more if they do not need the mana from Arcance Boots.
- gives cost efficient attribute bonuses and further boosts Io's and its partner's attack and movement speed.
- grants aura of health regeneration and magic resistance, a great item to absorb magical damage.
- has useful aura with many perks, including bonus attack damage and lifesteal, enabling allied physical attackers.
- further buffs allied targets with attack speed, movement speed, and armor. Moreover, Io can use it on the enemies to slow and removes their armor.
- provides useful ability to position different heroes, including Io.
- enhances Io's healing power, as well as strengthening its defense with bonus health and magic resistance.
- status resistance, and the ability to disarm an enemy carry. gives strength, evasion,
- provides a valuable disable, some useful attribute bonuses, as well as mana regeneration which can pass on to tethered ally.
- adds damage and applies armor reduction on enemies; works better in the late game after taking talent that lets Io attack tethered ally's target.
|Roles:||Support Escape Nuker|
|Playstyle:||The phenomenon that is Io manifests on the physical plane as a wisp of light, its purpose beyond mortal understanding. It flits to and fro the battlefield, searching for an ally to Tether to. Those blessed with Io's bond feel their feet lighten as the Wisp channels its own regenerative powers into their body. Should its host falter, Io begins to Overcharge, augmenting that ally's speed while strengthening his resolve. As a force unbound by the laws of corporeal space, Io is able to temporarily Relocate itself and an ally to any point in the world, often saving a companion from certain death.|
- Io is the name of a priestess of Hera in Greek Mythology. She was seduced by Zeus and subsequently incurred Hera's wrath.
- Io is also the name of one of four Galilean moons of Jupiter, which was named after the same character in Greek Mythology.
- Io is also one of the names used by the dragon god Asgorath from d&d, whose symbol in the second addition was an orb.
- Io's fun names in DotA were Weird Ball and Santelmo. Santelmo may refer to St. Elmo's Fire, a weather phenomenon that creates sparks of bright energy similar to that of lightning, mostly occurring from sharply pointed structures. Santelmo may also refer to the Philippine's folklore creature which is a head of fire, or a ball of fire which Io resembles.
- fundamental forces of the universe with Io representing the strong nuclear force, as alluded to in its lore as the force that binds all matter together, as well as its abilities which mostly rely on being bound to a partner to achieve maximum effect. , , , and together represent the four
- Io connects to a unit with its tentacle when getting closer, despite of allied or enemy.
Alternate color theme, briefly used until the March 28, 2013 Patch