- Anti-Mage's mobility and magic resistance make him nearly impossible to kill alone.
- Invoker's spells cost a lot of mana, and Invoker himself has a lot of mana. This means Invoker and his team are vulnerable to 's heavy damage.
- allows Anti-Mage to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Broodmother can kill Invoker easily in the early game with her and her spiderlings.
- Broodmother is both an and a carrier. As she can farm it early, she can kill Invoker easily.
- is a good way to shut down Invoker, preventing from casting spells and using items for a lengthy time, thus forcing him to invest on .
- prevents Invoker from further invoking for the entire duration of the debuff, as well as massively slowing Invoker based on the large amount of spells he has.
- will completely negate Invoker's combo damage.
- If Invoker is caught in , he will most likely be the primary target due to the large teamfight contribution he can provide.
- , similar to Rage, grants immunity to Invoker's spells and can dispel some debuffs as well.
- renders Juggernaut invulnerable to Invoker's spells and can easily take Invoker down.
- pressures Invoker easily in lane due to Invoker's low health and armor in the early game.
- grants immunity from Invoker's spells and can dispel most of the disables such as the armor loss from Forge Spirit and the constant stuns of Cold Snap.
- is a good way to shut down and gank Invoker in the early game..
- deals good damage to Invoker and makes escaping harder.
- With and , Invoker can't get away from Night Stalker and won't be able to catch him with Sun Strike during the night.
- Nyx Assassin takes advantage of Invoker's massive intelligence gain and mana pool to do tons of damage using , as the spell does more damage based on the target's intelligence.
- Nyx Assassin can simply activate while under many Invoker's abilities to stun him.
- allows Outworld Devourer to save himself or ally from Invoker's combo, or remove Invoker from a fight temporarily.
- 's pure damage will deal a lot of damage against Invoker's mediocre strength gain.
- EMP is useless against Outworld Devourer by activating .
- However, be aware that will most likely not deal any damage at all, due to Invoker's high intelligence gain compared to Outworld Devourer's.
- Queen of Pain usually outlanes Invoker, giving her team a significant early game advantage while Invoker is still farming.
- allows Queen of Pain to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Invoker is heavily dependent on his spells, making him useless during , as well as interrupting Invoker during his combo.
- is particularly deadly, because Invoker will continuously lose health if he keeps invoking and casting new spells.
- will silence Invoker when he casts Invoke, interrupting his combo.
- In the early to mid game, Invoker is defenseless against Storm Spirit's ganking with and .
- Templar Assassin can easily counter Invoker's last hitting process in the early game with . also negates the stun from Cold Snap, since it will need to deal damage in order to apply its stun.
- Additionally, Refraction completely blocks damage from Sun Strike should Invoker try to finish her off, provided she activate Refraction beforehand.
- makes Viper receive less damage from Invoker's spells
- Viper can harass Invoker with his in the early game.
- and can kill Invoker easily if Ghost Walk is on cooldown.
- Heroes with silence: , , .
- can deal massive damage to Invoker in a protracted fight, especially if Invoker is casting a spell every few seconds with .
- and both have ultimates ( and ) that reveal Invoker through Ghost Walk.
- Heroes with long lockdowns: , .
- Heroes with abilities which have a built-in spell immunity: , , .
- Any abilities that can inflict Hex: or .
- significantly reduces Invoker's damage output.
- prevents nearly all of Invoker's damage for its duration.
- allows you to completely negate a Eul combo from Invoker, although any smart Invoker will wait for you to use your Eul first before using his combo.
- is a cheaper alternative to reduce Invoker's damage.
- can easily kill Invoker if he does the Chaos Meteor and Tornado combo.
- can be used to save oneself and allies from Invoker's combos.
- can be used to burn Invoker's mana pool.
- Quas Exort Invoker has high physical damage in the form of Cold Snap and Forged Spirits that allows him to trade hits with Huskar.
- Although Huskar can dispel Cold Snap with Life Break.
- Sun Strike deals pure damage and pierces spell immunity, and Huskar tends to drain his HP, making him a susceptible target.
- Invoker's spells will disable and destroy Legion Commander while she's locked in a .
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Medusa's mana to weaken .
- Medusa's lack of mobility makes her easy to kite with Invoker's spells.
- Tornado allows Invoker to purge Necrophos's , nullifying any benefits he could get out of it
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Necrophos's mana, preventing him to use his abilities constantly
- Invoker can use Tornado or Cold Snap to prevent Pugna from channeling
- A poorly used on Pugna's allies means Invoker's abilities can be used to deal more damage to it
- Tornado allows Invoker to purge Pugna's when it is used defensively
- Special care has to be taken, however, when casting several abilities within the range of a
- Tinker is relatively helpless against Invoker, as his and can be easily interrupted by Invoker's long range disables, even if he blinks away.
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Wraith King's mana to prevent from triggering (only until Wraith King gets his level 20 talent).
- Ice Wall and Cold Snap are particularly crippling for Wraith King as they allow to kite him very effectively, preventing him from dealing melee attack damage.
- Heroes with long animations can be frequently interrupted with Cold Snap: , ,
- Heroes with naturally low mana can be easily shut down by EMP: , , ,
- Tornado's basic dispel is useful against abilities with powerful buffs: , , .
Works well with...
- reveals enemies at low health across the entire map, making it easy for Invoker to land a Sun Strike.
- makes Invoker's spells deal 1050 more damage.
- Tornado or even Ice Wall may help Bloodseeker to land .
- Tornado and Cold Snap prevent enemies from escaping with when they are under the effect of .
- is a good way to pull enemies into Invoker's AoE spells.
- is a good follow up to Tornado and Ice Wall.
- keeps enemies together for easy nuking.
- Alacrity increases Luna's damage and attack speed, making it easier to push with .
- gives invoker plenty of time to set up his nukes.
- allows Magnus to pull back running heroes back into invoker's spells like Ice Wall.
- can help set up Invoker's spells.
holds several enemies in place for Chaos Meteor to do its damage.
- Chronosphere also helps set up EMP and Sun Strike.
- provides Faceless Void with bonus damage and attack speed, making proc more.
- Legion Commander benefits greatly from Alacrity during .
- With global Sun Strike, Invoker can help Legion Commander win s anywhere on the map.
- Abilities with damage-per-second will continuously trigger Cold Snap: , , .
- Heroes with long stuns and hides like can set Invoker up for his spell combos: , ,
- Heroes with low attack speed but high attack damage will benefit greatly from Alacrity: , , ,
- Heroes with powerful yet difficult to land abilities like may appreciate a Tornado set up: , , , ,