From Dota 2 Wiki
- Anti-Mage's mobility and magical resistance make him nearly impossible to kill alone.
- Invoker's spells cost a lot of mana while Invoker himself has a lot of mana, meaning Invoker and his team are vulnerable to Mana Void's heavy damage.
- Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Doom will completely take Invoker out of a fight, which is especially harmful as Invoker is a core hero who wants to cast spells.
- Time Dilation prevents Invoker from furtherly invoking for the entire duration of the debuff, as well as massively slowing Invoker based on the large amount of spells he has.
- Time Walk will completely negate Invoker's combo damage.
- Crippling Fear is a good way to shut down and gank Invoker in the early game..
- Void deals good damage to Invoker and makes escape harder.
- With Hunter in the Night and Void, Invoker can't get away from Night Stalker and wont be able to catch him with Sun Strike during the night.
- Nyx Assassin takes advantage of Invoker's massive intelligence gains and mana pool to do tons of damage using Mana Burn, as the spell does more damage based on the target's intelligence. This also combos well with Anti-Mage.
- Nyx Assassin can simply activate Spiked Carapace while under many Invoker's abilities to stun him.
- Queen of Pain usually outlanes Invoker, giving her team a significant early game advantage while Invoker is still farming.
- Blink allows Queen of Pain to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Invoker is heavily dependent on his spells, making him useless during Global Silence, as well as interrupting Invoker during his combo.
- Arcane Curse is particularly deadly, because Invoker will continuously lose health if he keeps invoking and casting new spells.
- Last Word will silence Invoker when he casts Invoke, interrupting his combo.
- In the early to mid game, Invoker is defenseless against Storm Spirit's ganking with Ball Lightning and Orchid Malevolence.
- Templar Assassin can easily counter Invoker's last hitting process in the early game with Refraction. Refraction also negates the stun from Cold Snap, since it will need to deal damage in order to apply its stun.
- Additionally, Refraction completely blocks damage from Sun Strike should Invoker try to finish her off, provided she activate Refraction beforehand.
- Corrosive Skin makes Viper receive less damage from Invoker's spells
- Viper can harass Invoker with his Poison Attack in the early game.
- Viper Strike and Poison Attack can kill Invoker easily if Ghost Walk is on cooldown.
- Nether Ward can deal massive damage to Invoker in a protracted fight, especially if Invoker is casting a spell every few seconds with Aghanim's Scepter.
- Bounty Hunter and Slardar, both have ultimates ( Corrosive Haze and Track) which reveal Ghost Walk.
- Heroes with long lockdown: Shadow Shaman, Legion Commander
- Heroes with abilities which have a built-in spell immunity: Lifestealer, Juggernaut, Pangolier
- Pipe of Insight significantly reduces Invoker's damage output.
- Black King Bar prevents nearly all of Invoker's damage for its duration.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity allows you to completely negate a Eul combo from Invoker, although any smart Invoker will wait for you to use your Eul first before using his combo.
- Glimmer Cape is a cheaper alternative to reduce Invoker's damage.
- Blade Mail can easily kill Invoker if he does the Chaos Meteor and Tornado combo.
- Force Staff can be used to save oneself and allies from Invoker's combos.
- Huskar's magic resistance from Berserker's Blood Is useless against the pure damage from Sunstrike
- Quas Exort Invoker has high physical damage in the form of Alacrity and Forged Spirits that allows him to trade hits with Huskar.
- Invoker's spells will disable and destroy Legion Commander while she's locked in a Duel.
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Medusa's mana to weaken Mana Shield.
- Tinker is relatively helpless against Invoker, as his Rearm and Boots of Travel can be easily interrupted by Invoker's long range disables, even if he blinks away.
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Wraith King's mana to prevent Reincarnation from triggering (only until Wraith King gets his level 20 talent).
- Ice Wall and Cold Snap are particularly crippling for Wraith King as they allow to kite him very effectively, preventing him from dealing melee attack damage.
- Heroes with long animations can be frequently interrupted with Cold Snap: Earthshaker, Monkey King, Shadow Fiend Lina
- Heroes with naturally low mana can be easily shut down by EMP: Sven, Tiny, Wraith King, Omniknight
Works well with...Bloodseeker
- Thirst reveals enemies at low health across the entire map, making it easy for Invoker to land a Sun Strike.
- Bloodrage makes Invoker's spells deal 300 more damage.
- Tornado or even Ice Wall may help Bloodseeker to land Blood Rite.
- Tornado and Cold Snap prevent enemies from escaping with Town Portal Scroll when they are under the effect of Rupture.
- Vacuum is a good way to pull enemies into Invoker's AoE spells.
- Kinetic Field keeps enemies together for easy nuking.
- Sprout can help set up Invoker's spells.
- Chronosphere holds several enemies in place for Chaos Meteor to do its damage.
- Chronosphere also helps set up EMP and Sun Strike.
- Legion Commander benefits greatly from Alacrity during Duel.
- With global Sun Strike, Invoker can help Legion Commander win Duels anywhere on the map.
- Venomancer's damage over time abilities will continuously trigger Cold Snap.
- Heroes with long stuns and hides like Disruption can set Invoker up for his spell combos: Bane, Outworld Devourer, Shadow Demon
- Heroes with low attack speed but high attack damage will benefit greatly from Alacrity: Dragon Knight, Outworld Devourer, Sven, Tiny
- Heroes with powerful yet difficult to land abilities like Earth Splitter may appreciate a Tornado set up: Ancient Apparition, Elder Titan, Kunkka, Mirana, Shadow Fiend