- Anti-Mage's mobility and magic resistance make him nearly impossible to kill alone.
- Invoker's spells cost a lot of mana, and Invoker himself has a lot of mana. This means Invoker and his team are vulnerable to 's heavy damage.
- allows Anti-Mage to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Broodmother can kill Invoker easily in the early game with her and her spiderlings.
- Broodmother is both an and a carrier. As she can farm it early, she can kill Invoker easily.
- prevents Invoker from further invoking for the entire duration of the debuff, as well as massively slowing Invoker based on the large amount of spells he has.
- will completely negate Invoker's combo damage.
- Beware that if Invoker is not caught inside , he'll have an easy time casting his spells inside of it
- , similar to Rage, grants immunity to Invoker's spells and can dispel some debuffs as well.
- renders Juggernaut invulnerable to Invoker's spells and can easily take Invoker down.
- pressures Invoker easily in lane due to Invoker's low health and armor in the early game.
- grants immunity from Invoker's spells and can dispel most of the disables such as the armor loss from Forge Spirit and the constant stuns of Cold Snap.
- is a good way to shut down and gank Invoker in the early game..
- deals good damage to Invoker and makes escaping harder.
- With and , Invoker can't get away from Night Stalker and won't be able to catch him with Sun Strike during the night.
- Nyx Assassin takes advantage of Invoker's massive intelligence gain and mana pool to do tons of damage using , as the spell does more damage based on the target's intelligence.
- Nyx Assassin can simply activate while under many Invoker's abilities to stun him.
- allows Outworld Devourer to save himself or ally from Invoker's combo. Additionally will hit Invoker from once he is disabled, and forces him to take heavy damage due to intelligence stolen by .
- EMP is useless against Outworld Devourer by activating .
- Queen of Pain usually outlanes Invoker, giving her team a significant early game advantage while Invoker is still farming.
- allows Queen of Pain to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Invoker is heavily dependent on his spells, making him useless during , as well as interrupting Invoker during his combo.
- is particularly deadly, because Invoker will continuously lose health if he keeps invoking and casting new spells.
- will silence Invoker when he casts Invoke, interrupting his combo.
- In the early to mid game, Invoker is defenseless against Storm Spirit's ganking with and .
- Templar Assassin can easily counter Invoker's last hitting process in the early game with . also negates the stun from Cold Snap, since it will need to deal damage in order to apply its stun.
- Additionally, Refraction completely blocks damage from Sun Strike should Invoker try to finish her off, provided she activate Refraction beforehand.
- makes Viper receive less damage from Invoker's spells
- Viper can harass Invoker with his in the early game.
- and can kill Invoker easily if Ghost Walk is on cooldown.
- can deal massive damage to Invoker in a protracted fight, especially if Invoker is casting a spell every few seconds with .
- and both have ultimates ( and ) that reveal Invoker through Ghost Walk.
- Heroes with long lockdowns: , .
- Heroes with abilities which have a built-in spell immunity: , , .
- significantly reduces Invoker's damage output.
- prevents nearly all of Invoker's damage for its duration.
- allows you to completely negate a Eul combo from Invoker, although any smart Invoker will wait for you to use your Eul first before using his combo.
- is a cheaper alternative to reduce Invoker's damage.
- can easily kill Invoker if he does the Chaos Meteor and Tornado combo.
- can be used to save oneself and allies from Invoker's combos.
- can be used to burn Invoker's mana pool.
- Quas Exort Invoker has high physical damage in the form of cold snap and Forged Spirits that allows him to trade hits with Huskar.
- Invoker's spells will disable and destroy Legion Commander while she's locked in a .
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Medusa's mana to weaken .
- Tinker is relatively helpless against Invoker, as his and can be easily interrupted by Invoker's long range disables, even if he blinks away.
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Wraith King's mana to prevent from triggering (only until Wraith King gets his level 20 talent).
- Ice Wall and Cold Snap are particularly crippling for Wraith King as they allow to kite him very effectively, preventing him from dealing melee attack damage.
- Heroes with long animations can be frequently interrupted with Cold Snap: , ,
- Heroes with naturally low mana can be easily shut down by EMP: , , ,
Works well with...
- reveals enemies at low health across the entire map, making it easy for Invoker to land a Sun Strike.
- makes Invoker's spells deal 300 more damage.
- Tornado or even Ice Wall may help Bloodseeker to land .
- Tornado and Cold Snap prevent enemies from escaping with when they are under the effect of .
- is a good way to pull enemies into Invoker's AoE spells.
- is a good follow up to Tornado and Ice Wall.
- keeps enemies together for easy nuking.
- can help set up Invoker's spells.
- holds several enemies in place for Chaos Meteor to do its damage.
- also helps set up EMP and Sun Strike.
- Legion Commander benefits greatly from Alacrity during .
- With global Sun Strike, Invoker can help Legion Commander win s anywhere on the map.
- 's damage over time abilities will continuously trigger Cold Snap.
- Heroes with long stuns and hides like can set Invoker up for his spell combos: , ,
- Heroes with low attack speed but high attack damage will benefit greatly from Alacrity: , , ,
- Heroes with powerful yet difficult to land abilities like may appreciate a Tornado set up: , , , ,