- Broodmother can kill Invoker easily in the early game with her and her spiderlings.
- Broodmother is both an and a carrier. As she can farm it early, she can kill Invoker easily.
- Anti-Mage's mobility and magic resistance make him nearly impossible to kill alone.
- Invoker's spells cost a lot of mana, and Invoker himself has a lot of mana. This means Invoker and his team are vulnerable to 's heavy damage.
- allows Anti-Mage to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- will completely take Invoker out of a fight, which is especially harmful as Invoker is a core hero who wants to cast spells.
- prevents Invoker from further invoking for the entire duration of the debuff, as well as massively slowing Invoker based on the large amount of spells he has.
- will completely negate Invoker's combo damage.
- is a good way to shut down and gank Invoker in the early game..
- deals good damage to Invoker and makes escape harder.
- With and , Invoker can't get away from Night Stalker and wont be able to catch him with Sun Strike during the night.
- Nyx Assassin takes advantage of Invoker's massive intelligence gains and mana pool to do tons of damage using , as the spell does more damage based on the target's intelligence. This also combines well with .
- Nyx Assassin can simply activate while under many Invoker's abilities to stun him.
- Queen of Pain usually outlanes Invoker, giving her team a significant early game advantage while Invoker is still farming.
- allows Queen of Pain to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Invoker is heavily dependent on his spells, making him useless during , as well as interrupting Invoker during his combo.
- is particularly deadly, because Invoker will continuously lose health if he keeps invoking and casting new spells.
- will silence Invoker when he casts Invoke, interrupting his combo.
- In the early to mid game, Invoker is defenceless against Storm Spirit's ganking with and .
- Templar Assassin can easily counter Invoker's last hitting process in the early game with . also negates the stun from Cold Snap, since it will need to deal damage in order to apply its stun.
- Additionally, Refraction completely blocks damage from Sun Strike should Invoker try to finish her off, provided she activate Refraction beforehand.
- makes Viper receive less damage from Invoker's spells
- Viper can harass Invoker with his in the early game.
- and can kill Invoker easily if Ghost Walk is on cooldown.
- can deal massive damage to Invoker in a protracted fight, especially if Invoker is casting a spell every few seconds with .
- and , both have ultimates ( and ) which reveal Ghost Walk.
- Heroes with long lockdown: ,
- Heroes with abilities which have a built-in spell immunity: , ,
- significantly reduces Invoker's damage output.
- prevents nearly all of Invoker's damage for its duration.
- allows you to completely negate a Eul combo from Invoker, although any smart Invoker will wait for you to use your Eul first before using his combo.
- is a cheaper alternative to reduce Invoker's damage.
- can easily kill Invoker if he does the Chaos Meteor and Tornado combo.
- can be used to save oneself and allies from Invoker's combos.
- Quas Exort Invoker has high physical damage in the form of Alacrity and Forged Spirits that allows him to trade hits with Huskar.
- Invoker's spells will disable and destroy Legion Commander while she's locked in a .
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Medusa's mana to weaken .
- Tinker is relatively helpless against Invoker, as his and can be easily interrupted by Invoker's long range disables, even if he blinks away.
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Wraith King's mana to prevent from triggering (only until Wraith King gets his level 20 talent).
- Ice Wall and Cold Snap are particularly crippling for Wraith King as they allow to kite him very effectively, preventing him from dealing melee attack damage.
- Heroes with long animations can be frequently interrupted with Cold Snap: , ,
- Heroes with naturally low mana can be easily shut down by EMP: , , ,
Works well with...
- reveals enemies at low health across the entire map, making it easy for Invoker to land a Sun Strike.
- makes Invoker's spells deal 300 more damage.
- Tornado or even Ice Wall may help Bloodseeker to land .
- Tornado and Cold Snap prevent enemies from escaping with when they are under the effect of .
- is a good way to pull enemies into Invoker's AoE spells.
- is a good follow up to Tornado and Ice Wall.
- keeps enemies together for easy nuking.
- can help set up Invoker's spells.
- holds several enemies in place for Chaos Meteor to do its damage.
- also helps set up EMP and Sun Strike.
- Legion Commander benefits greatly from Alacrity during .
- With global Sun Strike, Invoker can help Legion Commander win s anywhere on the map.
- 's damage over time abilities will continuously trigger Cold Snap.
- Heroes with long stuns and hides like can set Invoker up for his spell combos: , ,
- Heroes with low attack speed but high attack damage will benefit greatly from Alacrity: , , ,
- Heroes with powerful yet difficult to land abilities like may appreciate a Tornado set up: , , , ,