From Dota 2 Wiki
- Anti-Mage's mobility and magical resistance make him nearly impossible to kill alone.
- Invoker's spells cost a lot of mana while Invoker himself has a lot of mana, that means Invoker and his team is very vulnerable to Anti-Mage's Mana Void which can do a ton of damage.
- Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Doom will completely take Invoker out of a fight, which is especially harmful as Invoker is a core hero.
- Time Dilation prevents Invoker from furtherly invoking for the entire duration of the debuff, as well as massively slowing Invoker based on the large amount of spells he has.
- Time Walk will completely negate Invoker's combo damage.
- Nyx Assassin takes advantage of Invoker's massive intelligence gains and mana pool to do tons of damage using Mana Burn, as the spell does more damage based on the target's intelligence. This also combos well with Anti-Mage.
- Queen of Pain usually outlanes Invoker, giving her team a significant early game advantage while Invoker is still farming.
- Blink allows Queen of Pain to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
- Invoker is heavily dependent on his spells, making him useless during Global Silence, as well as interrupting Invoker during his combo.
- Arcane Curse is particularly deadly, because Invoker will continuously lose health if he keeps invoking and casting new spells.
- Last Word will silence Invoker when he casts Invoke, interrupting his combo.
- In the early to mid-game, Invoker is defenseless against Storm Spirit's ganking with Ball Lightning and Orchid Malevolence.
- Templar Assassin can easily counters Invoker last hitting process in the early game with Refraction. Refraction also negates the stun from Cold Snap, since it will need to deal damage in order to apply its stun.
- Additionally, Refraction completely blocks damage from Sun Strike should Invoker try to finish her off, provided she activate Refraction beforehand.
- Pugna's Nether Ward can deal massive damage to Invoker in a protracted fight, especially if Invoker is casting a spell every few seconds with Aghanim's Scepter.
- Bounty Hunter, Slardar, both have ultimates ( Corrosive Haze, Track) which prevent Invoker's from going invisible when he casts Ghost Walk.
- Pipe of Insight significantly reduces Invoker's damage output.
- Black King Bar prevents nearly all of Invoker's damage for its duration.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity allows you to completely negate a Eul combo from Invoker, although any smart Invoker will wait for you to use your Eul first before using his combo.
- Glimmer Cape is a cheaper alternative to reduce Invoker's damage.
- Blade Mail can easily kill Invoker if he does the Chaos Meteor, and Tornado combo
Good against...Legion Commander
- Invoker's spells will disable and destroy Legion Commander while she's locked in a Duel.
- Tinker is relatively helpless against Invoker, as his Rearm and Boots of Travel can be easily interrupted by Invoker's long range disables, even if he blinks away.
- EMP allows Invoker to burn Wraith King's mana to prevent Reincarnation from triggering (only until Wraith King gets his level 25 talent).
- Ice Wall and Cold Snap are particularly crippling for Wraith King as they allow to kite him very effectively, preventing him from dealing melee attack damage.
- Heroes with long animations can be frequently interrupted with Cold Snap: Earthshaker, Monkey King, Shadow Fiend, or Lina.
- Heroes with naturally low mana can be easily shut down by EMP: Sven, Tiny, Wraith King, Omniknight.
Works well with...Bloodseeker
- Thirst reveals enemies at low health across the entire map, making it easy for Invoker to land a Sun Strike.
- Bloodrage makes Invoker's spells deal 25%/30%/35%/40% more damage.
- Vacuum is a good way to pull enemies into Invoker's AoE spells.
- Kinetic Field keeps enemies together for easy nuking.
- Sprout can help set up Invoker's spells.
- Chronosphere holds several enemies in place for Chaos Meteor to do its damage.
- Chronosphere also helps set up EMP and Sun Strike
- Legion Commander benefits greatly from Alacrity during Duel.
- With global Sun Strike, Invoker can help Legion Commander win Duels anywhere on the map.
- Venomancer's damage over time abilities will continuously trigger Cold Snap.
- Heroes with long stuns and hides like Disruption can set Invoker up for his spell combos. ( Bane, Outworld Devourer, Shadow Demon, …)
- Autoattack heroes with low attack speed but high attack damage will benefit greatly from Alacrity. ( Sven, Tiny, …)