Huskar the Sacred Warrior is a ranged strength hero who is an effective ganker and carry, with both great benefits and risks offered. He is known to be a powerful adversary in most games because his damage-per-second auto-attacks can easily kill almost all heroes at any point in the game, assuming no one is nearby to save them. Unlike many other heroes, Huskar does not require much mana to use his abilities; rather, he sacrifices his own health to inflict additional damage. His passive, Berserker's Blood, defines the power of sacrifice: Huskar gets more dangerous the more he gets hurt. This ability gives him increased magic resistance and attack speed depending on how much life he is missing. Combined with the DPS from Burning Spear, the increased attack speed from Berserker's Blood allows Huskar to output colossal damage, which can be used to gain an advantage over the enemies early on during the game. Inner Vitality magically heals Huskar or his allies, regenerating health each second based upon the target's primary attribute, and healing more when the health is at a critical level. His Life Break is his most dangerous ability, but also his riskiest one: charging towards his target, Huskar sheds a large amount of his life force to cut an equal amount of the target's current health. This is great to use as an initiation spell as it deals a guaranteed percentage damage, allowing Huskar and his allies to feel the pain that the Sacred Warrior felt. Courageous and fearless, Huskar is powerful at any stage of the game and is willing to suffer and face death, for the greater good of taking his allies to victory.
|Huskar, the Sacred Warrior|
|Play "Those who are given more in life must not cling to it but risk it all in every moment."|
|Lore:||Emerging from the throes of the sacred Nothl Realm, Huskar opened his eyes to see the prodigal shadow priest Dazzle working a deep incantation over him. Against the ancient rites of the Dezun Order, Huskar’s spirit had been saved from eternity, but like all who encounter the Nothl he found himself irrevocably changed. No longer at the mercy of a mortal body, his very lifeblood became a source of incredible power; every drop spilled was returned tenfold with a fierce, burning energy. However this newfound gift infuriated Huskar, for in his rescue from the Nothl, Dazzle had denied him a place among the gods. He had been denied his own holy sacrifice. In time the elders of the order sought to expand their influence and Huskar, they agreed, would be a formidable tool in their campaign. Yet becoming a mere weapon for the order that denied him his birthright only upset him further. As the first embers of war appeared on the horizon, he fled his ancestral home to find new allies, all the while seeking a cause worthy of unleashing the power his total sacrifice could bring.|
|Voice:||Dave Fennoy (Responses)|
- The health percentage and the primary stats are checked periodically and the regeneration adjusted instantly.
- Restores in the form of regeneration, so it regenerates 1 + of primary attribute in 0.1 seconds intervals.
- Over the full duration it heals 160 health and between 96%/128%/160%/192% to 352%/480%/608%/736% of the target's primary attribute.
- Can be cast on creep-heroes, applying only the base regen on them, since they have no attributes.
- The health cost (15) is direct HP Removal.
- Huskar cannot kill himself using this ability.
- Uses Huskar's 400 ( 525) attack range when using autocast. Manually casting it uses the 450 ( 575) cast range.
- Burning Spear stacks additively when used multiple times on one target.
- Each attack places the debuff on the target.
- The number of debuffs are summed up and displayed as one icon on the affected enemy.
- A number on the icon reveals the amount of stacks. The number is visible to everyone.
- Every instance's duration is completely independent from other instances. They do not prolong or refresh each other.
- The debuff is only placed once and refreshed with successive casts.
- The debuff deals damage equal to 5/10/15/20 ( 15/20/25/30) times the number of stacks, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied.
- Deals a total of 40/80/120/160 ( 120/160/200/240) damage per Burning Spear instance (before reductions).
- Huskar's size increases the closer he gets to the max bonuses of Berserker's Blood, up to 35%.
- Although not visible in the HUD due to it no showing enough decimals, each missing point of health grants bonuses.
- No bonuses are applied at 100% health and the maximum is applied when strictly below 10% health.
- The health percentage is checked periodically and the effects adapted instantly.
- Increases Huskar's total magic resistance to 40%/47.5%/55%/62.5% when below 10% health.
- Huskar leaps at a speed of 1200.
- Applies a basic dispel on Huskar upon cast.
- Upon cast, Huskar receives the buff, which lasts for 5 seconds or until reaching the target, whichever is shorter.
- Huskar can use items and spells during the leap. However, position changing effects like Blink Dagger cancel it.
- The damage to self is magical as well. Thus, it can be reduced by magic resistance (including the effect from Berserker's Blood).
- The self-damage is not lethal, no matter how strong it gets amplified. Huskar cannot deny himself with Life Break.
- The self-damage is applied on impact, it's not applied if the leap is interrupted prematurely.
- If Huskar is disabled during the leap or the distance between the target and Huskar becomes more than 1450, the leap stops.
- Life Break first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Cannot target couriers.
|0 Inner Vitality Cooldown||25||+125 Attack Range|
|+400 Life Break Cast Range||20||+15 Strength|
|15% Lifesteal||15||+10 Burning Spears DPS|
|+20 Damage||10||+175 Health|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- The lifesteal talent stacks additively with other sources of lifesteal.
- Tango and Healing Salve help Huskar to regain lost health from Burning Spear.
- Gauntlets of Strength give extra attack damage and health to draw from when using Burning Spear.
- Boots of Speed give a nice movement speed boost.
- Magic Stick helps Huskar recover health in a pinch.
- Urn of Shadows helps Huskar to restore health after a gank and has a good to support allies and use it to heal himself if Inner Vitality has no mana.
- Armlet of Mordiggian provides every stat that Huskar needs to be more effective and its Unholy Strength provides a way for Huskar to control his health. If you are able to practice armlet toggling, it will drastically improve Huskar's damage output and allow him to use it to survive fights as long as there is no Heartstopper Aura or Radiance Aura or you are not afflicted by any DPS debuff. An important fact to remember is that its active ability also adds to Inner Vitality's regeneration.
- Black King Bar will cause Huskar to take no self-damage from Life Break, allowing him to use it to initiate with little risk of dying.
- Satanic allows Huskar to sustain his health while under focus from the enemy team. It provides strength, damage and 25% lifesteal. Its active could also be used in a pinch to keep yourself from dying.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives a massive HP regen bonus from Inner Vitality, it allows Huskar to keep Unholy Strength active indefinitely and it gives enough health to allow you to be at a low enough percentage to increase stacks from your Berserker's Blood but not low enough to be burst down. This also complements an Aghanim's Scepter pickup as it will allow you to use Life Break frequently, even against Roshan or creeps.
- Assault Cuirass gives protection from physical damage, which synergizes well with Berserker's Blood which gives magic resistance.
- Aghanim's Scepter increases the effectiveness of Life Break.
- Shadow Blade makes Huskar into a much better ganker. It also gives attack speed for more Burning Spear stacks.
- Heaven's Halberd gives some strength and evasion, and it is also able to disarm an attacking enemy.
- Maelstrom or Mjollnir is a good item to pick to proc Chain Lightning as much as possible and to increase your farming potential.
- Diffusal Blade is a decent item if against low mana pool heroes such as Wraith King to prevent them from using their abilities. However, this is not recommended as it does not provide either strength or damage and is quite a hefty investment.
- Monkey King Bar is a good pickup due to its 35% chance to deal a 100 damage mini-stun and if against heroes with evasion like Phantom Assassin, Brewmaster or any carry who is planning to or already built evasion items like Heaven's Halberd or Butterfly.
- Skull Basher and Abyssal Blade are also viable items because Huskar will proc Bash at a decent rate due to his attack speed. When Skull Basher is upgraded to Abyssal Blade, he can make use of Overwhelm after using Life Break. Keep in mind that melee carries will still proc it more even if you have the same attack speed, you do however have the range advantage.
- Black King Bar is important to keep in mind on Huskar since you do not lose a percentage of your health when you use your ultimate while spell immune.
- Platemail will drastically improve Huskar's survivability and can be used to build an Assault Cuirass or a Shiva's Guard or both if you plan to stack armor. Since Huskar is already durable against magic damage, Stacking armor will help reduce his second biggest weakness which is physical damage. However, against a pure damage heavy lineup, stacking strength or HP items is still the better solution.
- Sange as well as its upgrades Sange and Yasha and Heaven's Halberd provide a good amount of strength to cost ratio and give a fair amount of utility.
|Roles:||Carry Durable Initiator|
|Playstyle:||Rescued against his will from the Nothl Realm, the revived Huskar found supernatural strength in his own living essence. The Sacred Warrior marks Burning Spears with blood, setting both weapon and lifeforce alight before throwing them at his foes. By sacrificing a portion of his health with Life Break, Huskar lunges towards a single target, causing it to lose an even greater portion of health. With every blow sustained, Berserker's Blood redoubled the Sacred Warrior's speed and made him ever more resilient to magic, facing down his opponent in a bloody fervor until he emerged triumphant.|
- Huskar's name might be derived from the Old Norse word "Huskarl", the title given to the highly-skilled bodyguards of important Norse lords and kings.
- His name might also be derived from Huáscar Inca, a leader of the Inca Empire in the 16th century. Huskar's lore also connects him to Dazzle, who is a Shadow Priest (fits in the Native American shaman role).
- Before 6.79, you could use a Ghost Scepter and then manually cast Burning Spear on enemies. You would take little magic damage since the magic resistance provided by Berserker's Blood reduced the incoming magic damage significantly, while also being immune to physical damage because of the ethereal state.
- In The Lab, a VR game by Valve, there are some Bendie soldiers who wield Huskar's throwing spears in the minigame Longshot, along with other Dota 2 weapons like Axe's war axe, Dragon Knight's sword and Stout Shield.
Low Violence model