From Dota 2 Wiki
| Hurricane Pike|
|A legendary pike once held as royal sigil of the ancient wyvern riders.|
- One Hurricane Pike grants a total of 300 health, 5.5 health regeneration, 10.71% health regeneration amplification, 3.33 armor, 20 attack speed, 156 mana, 26% mana regeneration, 0.93% spell damage and 15 attack damage to strength heroes, 20 attack damage to agility heroes, or 13 attack damage to intelligence heroes.
- The attack range bonus works for ranged heroes only.
- Attack range bonuses from multiple Dragon Lance based items do not stack.
- Stacks with all other attack range bonuses.
- Affects the cast range of active attack modifiers as well.
Cast Range (Ally/Self): 800
Cast Range (Enemy): 400
Push Distance (Ally/Self): 600
Push Distance (Enemy): 450
Push Duration (Ally/Self): 0.4
Push Duration (Enemy): 0.2
Number of Attacks: 4
Attack Speed Bonus: 100
Buff Duration: 5
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- Pushes at a speed of 1500, if the target is self or an ally. Pushes the caster and target at a speed of 2250, if the target is an enemy.
- Targeting allies pushes them based on their facing direction. Targeting enemies pushes them based on the caster's facing direction.
- The caster is pushed into the opposite direction, adding a 900 range distance between the caster and targeted enemy.
- The caster is only pushed when the target was an enemy, not an ally.
- The unlimited attack range only works against the targeted enemy. Attacking other units still uses the regular attack range.
- Same goes for the attack speed. When switching targets uses regular attack speed. Updates the speed upon reaching attack point.
- Gives the caster an attack order on the target if the target is an enemy. This effect works exclusively for ranged heroes.
- The push does not disable, so the caster and the targeted unit can still cast spells or items, attack and turn during the push.
- This also means that it does not cancel channeling spells of the target.
- Does not push units affected by Black Hole, Chronosphere, Duel, or Kinetic Field.
- If the target is an enemy, not even the push on the caster or the unlimited attack range are applied.
- Cannot break Pounce leash. When pushing a leashed hero, it does not get pushed beyond the leash's max range.
- Can force units over impassable terrain. Trees within 100 radius around the pushed units get destroyed during the push.
- Can be cast on Roshan but without any effect, since Roshan is immune to forced movement (still applies its effects on the caster).
- Casting on self or allies uses the default Force Staff sound.
- Shares cooldown with Force Staff.
Attack Range Bonus: 140
Recommended heroesDrow Ranger
- Combined with Frost Arrows, Drow Ranger can pick off enemies before they have time to approach.
- She can also use Hurricane Pike to keep enemies out of the 400 radius of her Marksmanship bonus, preventing it from being disabled.
- The damage from Impetus benefits greatly from Hurricane Pike.
- Outworld Devourer's powerful attacks but modest attack range can be remedied by Hurricane Pike.
- Hurricane Pike provides much needed stats for Silencer, and due to his low health and armor, is an all-round decent utility item to keep enemies at bay whether attacking or defending. In addition, Silencer gets free vision for 4 secs due to Last Word guaranteeing the 4 hits as Silencer can attack fast enough.
- Combined with Take Aim, Hurricane Pike extends Sniper's range up to an incredible 1090.
- Its active allows him to continue attacking enemies who move out of range, safely bringing them low for an easy Assassinate.
- Hurricane Pike also provides Sniper with a much needed means of escape.
- Templar Assassin greatly benefits from the attack range increase and overall stats, and can also use her ultimate to grant vision at long distances, allowing Hurricane Pike to be used more effectively. Additionally, the Force Staff component can eliminate the need for a Blink Dagger purchase in some cases.
- Hurricane Pike's stat bonuses, increased attack range, and Hurricane Thrust are all useful for many ranged attackers, particularly those lacking an escape ability.
- Make sure to have Ward, tower or cliff vision or you will lose sight of your target, rendering the unlimited range useless.
- Hurricane Pike can be used as an escape mechanism by pushing away persistent enemies.
- Enemies can be pushed away in mid-air, like during Earthshaker's upgraded Enchant Totem and units Tossed by Tiny.
- The active has a lower cooldown than that of Force Staff, making it a good mobility upgrade even for melee heroes as a luxury upgrade for the bonus stats.
- It is possible to propel yourself through Disruptor's Kinetic Field by using the active on an enemy with your back toward the rim, pushing yourself backwards through the barrier. Be wary, as this can also accidentally save an enemy from your team's Disruptor as well. This cannot be done with the normal self-push and regular Force Staff, both of which get stopped by the barrier.
- Rod of Atos: roots your enemy from approaching or escaping.
- Eye of Skadi: slow your enemy's movement speed.
- Hurricane Pike's icon shows that it is half Force Staff, half Dragon Lance.
- The name may be from the last volume of Kaze no Stigma where the Hurricane Pike, also known as Kokusen, is a divine artifact that greatly enhances the power of a wind mage.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Hurricane Pike's active ability, Hurricane Thrust, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.