Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Hood of Defiance
| Hood of Defiance|
|A furred, magic resistant headpiece that is feared by wizards.|
- Stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- Increases most heroes' total magic resistance to 43.75%, assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Increases 's total magic resistance to 32.5%, assuming his basic 10% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Blocks damage before any reductions, except when spell immune, during which it does not block any magical damage.
- Recasting Barrier refreshes the buff and resets the barrier's absorb capacity.
- Does not stack with other magical damage barriers.
- If multiple sources of barriers are active on a unit, all of them lose capacity from the same absorbed damage instance.
- Only blocks magical damage, coming from spells and attacks. Does not block any physical or pure damage.
- Does not share cooldown with .
Situational: Every hero that has Pipe of Insight as default situational item.
- This item can be purchased by a nuker against enemies carrying a .
- The Barrier can be used to keep your active. It is useful for an initiator against an enemy team with a radiance or to escape if caught in a gank.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Hood of Defiance's active ability, Barrier, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.