Tournaments are essential to the growth of Dota 2 as we witness Dota 2 at its best. Below is a style guide on how tournament articles should be styled.
Nationality of Teams
Based on the sum of players of the same nationality. The organization's nationality would be accounted as 1 player. The team's nationality would be determined if half or more of the players are of the same nationality. If two nationalities ends in a draw, the nationality with the organization prevails. Otherwise a continental flag, or the world flag if necessary, is used.
- Tournaments with at least one team participating that is covered by the wiki will be mentioned in the tournaments page.
- Tournaments with a prize pool totaling more than $500 USD will get their own page.
- For any special circumstances, a consensus will need to be established.
The title of the page should be the tournament's full name.
- Good Example: Electronic Sports World Cup 2011
- Bad Example: ESWC 11
All tournament articles must contain an introduction which will introduce the reader to the tournament and its main highlights.
All tournament articles should be accompanied by the Tournament infobox containing a single picture of the tournament logo and its basic information.
A list of participating teams should be included, listing the nationality and team's full name in columns, while listing the nature of participation (qualified, invited) if possible.
All tournament articles should be accompanied by a list of players in another page titled "Tournament name" squads. Insert a hatnote to the page in this section.
A list of shoutcasters of the tournament with Template:Broadcaster in columns should be provided.
Use Template:League team for any sort of league tables.
Use wikitables for each group in a Group Stage.
- If a team qualified from a group, use #ccffcc (Light Green) on the table.
- If a team qualified into Relegation/Losers Bracket, use #cfc (Light Yellow) on the table.
For knockout stages, use any appropriate template from Category:Tournament bracket templates.
- Use Template:Matchbox for every single game played. (3 games for BO3 etc.)
- List the date for every game played, do not list the time.
- Use > and < to display the winners.
- Every team should have its country flag listed beside it.
- A Matchbox should display "Team" "Flag" "Result" "Flag" "Team"
|2012-1-4 10:00 CET||10.000th||2-1||LGD|
In prize allocation, use Template:Prize and only list of teams that has earn any amount of money from participating in the tournament.
This section is for all additional or interesting information regarding the tournament that does not belong in any other section. Trivia should be detailed information that may be of interest to a reader, possibly something they would not immediately know.
For more information regarding this, consult the trivia guidelines.
Any links with direct importance to statements, wherever in the article, should be provided here with number citations.
The article should end with Category:Tournaments