Heart of Tarrasque
|Heart of Tarrasque|
|Preserved heart of an extinct monster, it bolsters the bearer's fortitude.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 1200 health, 4 health regen and 40 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 1200 health and 4 health regen.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 1200 health and 4 health regen.
- The max-health-based health regen bonus from multiple Hearts of Tarrasque does not stack.
- Regeneration Amplification from multiple Hearts of Tarrasque does not stack.
- Stacks diminishingly with other sources of health regen amplification.
- Damage greater than from any player (including allies, excluding self) or puts the amplification on a / -second cooldown.
- Heart of Tarrasque amplifies 's high health regeneration.
- Heart of Tarrasque's health amplification works with Lifestealer's to keep him constantly at high health.
- Heart of Tarrasque stacks well with Axe's high health regeneration, and makes him significantly tankier. Additionally, it allows him to more easily use several times in a team fight, due to its ability to quickly regenerate the large amount of health he will typically lose when casting this spell in a lategame situation.
- Because both and both deal damage based on strength, Heart of Tarrasque's strength bonus is great for him. The health regeneration will allow him to use Double Edge against creeps freely, as well as allow him to build charges by tanking tower attacks.
- Heart of Tarrasque's regeneration works with Bloodseeker's lifesteal to keep him constantly at full health.
- Heart of Tarrasque makes Bristleback much harder to take down, allowing him to dish out continuous damage with .
- s benefit greatly from Heart of Tarrasque, making them much harder to take down.
- Heart of Tarrasque's regeneration synergizes well with bonus armor and regeneration.
- Heart of Tarrasque helps Huskar quickly regain the health he expends to use his abilities, and makes him harder to kill once he's singled out an enemy with .
- Heart of Tarrasque makes Phantom Lancer's illusions much more durable, and allows him to temporarily escape fights and come back after a short period of regeneration.
- Heart of Tarrasque helps Phoenix quickly regain the health it expends to use its abilities.
- Heart of Tarrasque's strength stacks well with Pudge's strength gain from , and amplifies the damage and healing from .
- Heart of Tarrasque gives Spectre the tankiness to deal much more damage via and .
- With 's high heal transfer, Io can provide high healing to a single ally even during a fight by avoiding damage.
- Tank and initiators often buy Heart of Tarrasque for increased endurance:
- Snowballing carries who deal persistent instead of burst damage often pick up Heart of Tarrasque in the late game to last longer in fights:
- Heart of Tarrasque is effective against teams with a lot of burst damage.
- Heart of Tarrasque's strength bonus mostly benefits Strength heroes. Agility or Intelligence heroes can consider an instead for tankiness.
- Heart of Tarrasque can quickly regenerate health, allowing wielders to briefly disengage then re-enter fights if necessary.
- Heart of Tarrasque is very valuable item when you have in your team as enables passive regeneration even while fighting enemy heroes.
- The name "Tarrasque" references the Tarrasque, an almost undefeatable monster in Dungeons & Dragons, which in return references the Tarasque, a mythological dragon-hybrid that was tamed by Saint Martha.