From Dota 2 Wiki
| Healing Salve|
|A magical salve that can quickly mend even the deepest of wounds.|
- Stacks with itself in the inventory, there is no stack limit. The sell value adapts based on the number of instances in a stack.
- Healing Salves are not shareable, however, they can be cast on allies.
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- If the target is more than 500 range away, the caster moves to the target until it is within 250 range before casting.
- If a cast order is given on a target which is within 500 range already, the caster does not need to move closer and casts it right away.
- The owner does not have to face the target to use this on it.
- Successive casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Restores health in the form of health regeneration, so it heals for 5 health in 0.1 second intervals, which is 50 health per second.
- Can heal a total of 400 health over its full duration.
- Fully stacks with other health regeneration increasing effects.
- Damage greater than
from any player (including allies and self) or dispels the effect.
- Does not get dispelled by damage flagged as HP Removal.
- The Healing Salve's effect gets dispelled upon taking player-based damage, so do not use it in the middle of combat.
- In some situations however, it may be worth it to use it in combat. Even one second long of it healing can be enough to prevent deaths in some situations.
- Depending on the hero, in the early-game, one Salve can refill about 50%-100% of a hero's health. It spares the hero from having to move back to the team's fountain to heal back up, which can take a lot of time, or cost the player a
- Unlike s, Healing Salves are more suited for a defensive lane. If the lane carry tries to farm and takes some damage, he can fall back for a short time to quickly heal back up and continue farming.
- Prior to patch 6.54 in the original DotA, Healing Salve was known as "Flask of Sapphire Water". The name, along with its icon, was likely changed to help visually differentiate it from .