Hand of Midas
|Hand of Midas|
|Preserved through unknown magical means, the Hand of Midas is a weapon of greed, sacrificing animals to line the owner's pockets.|
For the character from Dota 2 lore, see Midas.
- Upon cast, kills the target unit instantly and grants the caster 160 unreliable gold and 210% of the target's experience bounty.
- The target's default bounties are not granted. This means that no hero nearby gains the default gold and experience from the death.
- Despite the visual effects, the gold and experience are granted instantly.
- Deals damage equal to the target's current health to kill it. This damage fully ignores any form of reduction or amplification.
- This means that it triggers most on-damage events like (neutral or lane) creep aggro.
- Carry heroes who need to farm for late game items and benefit from the experience and attack speed for farming and/or fighting often buy an early Hand of Midas.
- Jungling heroes can farm a fast Hand of Midas without interruption.
- Some support heroes who are not very item dependent may choose to build Hand of Midas in order to accumulate gold for bigger late game items and gain levels at a faster pace.
- It should be noted that hand of midas active replaces the targeted units gold bounty, and therefore doesn't grant 160 total gold but instead 160 - the units gold bounty. This means that if you use it on big units you lose out almost half the gold, but you gain almost double the exp. This makes the item give you less gpm but more xpm.
- The earlier Hand of Midas is purchased, the earlier it will pay it self of during the match and the earlier you will have an effective networth gain.
- Assuming it is always used when off cooldown and used on a unit with a gold bounty of 0, Hand of Midas increases the user's GPM by 106.67, meaning it takes a minimum of 19.5 minutes to pay for itself, or 15 minutes for the recipe (from the point on it was first used).
- This means you need to use Hand of Midas 14 times to pay for itself, or 11 times for just the recipe.
- with his and will have their midas payed out effectively earlier than other heroes.
- Hand of Midas is an important item if you want to increase your level quickly and unlock talents, especially if you rely on your talents to counter enemy heroes in late game.
- For example, 's level 20 talent removes the mana cost for , which is useful if he is facing mana burning enemies like .
- To get the most out of the 2.1x experience bonus, use Transmute on:
- Midas is based on Midas, a figure from Greek mythology who turned all he touched to gold.
Icon when Flockheart's Gamble is equipped