Aurel, the Gyrocopter, is a ranged agility hero, capable of outputting a lot of single target and area of effect damage at a multitude of ranges. Early game Gyrocopter is a strong ganker, with Rocket Barrage able to output a lot of damage in a short amount of time if he and his target are alone. His second ability, Homing Missile, is a long range projectile that forces opponents to either stop and engage to take out the missile, or run to a safe location before being stunned. Thanks to his third ability, Flak Cannon, he is also an excellent pusher, and with it can farm up big items in the midgame as his spells start to fall off in damage. Flak Cannon also allows him to hit everyone in a teamfight with his attacks, and with enough damage items he can inflict a lot of damage to the entire enemy team. Call Down is a useful ultimate with a low cooldown, providing a large area slow and nuke making it great for team fights. With the right items, he can also transition into a carry role.
- Rocket Barrage interrupts Gyrocopter's channeling spells upon cast.
- Despite the visual effects, the damage is dealt instantly, rather than on each rocket's impact.
- Gyrocopter can act freely during Rocket Barrage.
- Does not fire rockets while Gyrocopter is hidden.
- Deals damage in 0.1 second intervals, resulting in 30 damage instances.
- Can deal a total of 210/360/510/660 ( 540/690/840/990) damage (before reductions), assuming all rockets hit.
Lua error: Error: No field named "duration_aghs_tal" found for any of the specified database tables..
|Unknown unit type|
- When Cast, a stationary missile is placed 150 range in front of Gyrocopter, which begins to move 3 seconds later.
- Homing Missile's initial speed is 500 and increases by 20 per second, growing by 1 every 0.05 seconds.
- The speed acceleration is not capped, and continues to increase until it hits the target or is destroyed.
- If the missile's target dies, it automatically switches to the nearest valid target within 700 range of the previous target.
- Only attacks from heroes, illusions (counting as heroes), towers, and the fountains (counting as towers) can damage the missile.
- The rocket first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- The crosshair over the target is visible to allies only.
- If the missile hits its target, its 400 range flying vision stays at the location for 3.5 seconds.
- The missile can be targeted by
and , pushing the rocket forwards (or backwards).
- The missile cannot impact the target during the forced movement, and passes through, reorients, and continues to chase the target.
- When the missile gets affected by it gets instantly destroyed.
- Flak Cannon interrupts Gyrocopter's channeling spells upon cast.
- Causes Gyrocopter to perform instant attacks on all nearby enemies whenever he launches an attack projectile.
- This means all projectiles are released at the same time together with the main attack.
- Therefore, it does not matter whether the primary attack misses or not, the flaks are still released.
- The flaks have no count limit. All valid nearby targets get attacked.
- Flaks are not launched when the Side Gunner attacks.
- The primary attack target is not affected by Flak Cannon. It is only hit by the primary attack.
- The projectiles from the instant attacks travel at a speed of 800.
- Unlike most other instant attacks, the ones from Flak Cannon may not proc any attack modifiers or on-hit effects.
- Does not target couriers, wards, buildings, invisible units, or units inside the Fog of War.
- However, attacking couriers, wards, buildings, or allied units still causes flaks to hit all valid targets within the radius.
- The number of attacks left is visible (to everyone) on the buff icon.
- The visual effect above Gyrocopter while active is visible to everyone.
- The first missile impacts 2 seconds and the second missile 4 seconds after cast.
- Provides 300 radius flying vision at the targeted area for 4 seconds upon cast.
- Can deal a total of 250/400/550 damage (before reductions), assuming both missiles hit.
- The rockets first applies their debuffs, then their damage.
- The big red area indicator is visible to allies only, but the sound effects are audible and the missiles visible to everyone.
- Requires in the active inventory, or an Aghanim's Scepter buff to be unlocked.
- The Side Gunner is not bound to any of Gyrocopter's spells and is not visible in the HUD. However, its values are in 's description.
- The Side Gunner performs an instant attack in the set interval. Its target is chosen completely randomly.
- Since it uses instant attacks, it neither interferes with the regular attacks, nor does it use animations. It also ignores disarms.
- It does not interfere with any other actions of Gyrocopter either. It still attacks while e.g. stunned or while channeling.
- The gunner can proc any attack modifier or any on-hit effect like a regular attack, except for Flak Cannon.
- The gunner can miss to evasion or if Gyrocopter is blinded, unless he has True Strike.
- The Side Gunner uses the same 3000 projectile speed as Gyrocopter's attack.
- The Side Gunner does not attack when Gyrocopter is hidden, invisible, or affected by Break.
- However, the gunner ignores fade times and fade delays of spells. It only does not attack when fully invisible.
- The Side Gunner does not attack wards and couriers, but does attack buildings. Only attacks units Gyrocopter has vision over.
- The Side Gunner completely ignores attack immune units within its range.
- Side Gunner attack speed and range are not affected by anything.
|-25sCooldown||20||+40 Movement Speed|
|+200 Health||10||+20 Damage|
- gives Gyrocopter regen to counter early harassment.
- gives a helpful burst heal to help stay in lane.
- gives cheap early stats, and can be consumed with a tango for extra regen.
- helps with last hits.
- gives a decent agility boost.
- quickly can allow Gyrocopter to get early kills with his Rocket Barrage.
- can save Gyrocopter in a pinch.
- give extra attack damage for Flak Cannon, and the ability to tread switch improves Gyrocopter's survivability and casting.
- allows Gyrocopter to come online earlier than most carries by adding attributes, movement speed, and attack speed, which aid him and allies in ganks.
- keeps his health up when clearing jungle camps with lifesteal, and increases attack damage and attack speed. He can disassemble it later on to build Satanic and Butterfly.
- greatly improves Gyrocopter's short attack range and offers cost efficient stats.
- provides a good mix of tankiness and chasing ability.
- is usually needed to make full use of Flak Cannon without being interrupted.
- evasion makes Gyrocopter significantly harder to take down, and allows him to go head to head against harder carries. 's
- is the natural supplemental item to make Gyrocopter with multiple damage items able to survive longer in late-game teamfights, while also providing a decent damage boost itself.
- is a natural extension to , giving Gyrocopter more mobility, and it can push the Homing Missile to hit the target faster.
- allows Gyrocopter to continue attacking even when disabled, and gives more attacks which can proc attack modifiers.
- helps Gyrocopter be present at every fight.
- disjointing projectiles. is good for pushing, and
- multiplies well with Flak Cannon, increasing Gyrocopter's damage significantly. It also gives him a chance on inflicting critical hits on his primary target.
- gives Gyrocopter decent attack damage, as well as proccing extra magical damage.
- is the be-all end-all in terms of damage for Gyrocopter. In combination with Flak Cannon it can decimate the entire enemy team within seconds. But it is also a risky purchase and should only be bought when Gyrocopter is sufficiently tanky or as a last resort in dealing with an overwhelming enemy advantage.
|Roles:||Carry Nuker Disabler|
|Playstyle:||The world's first non-magical flying device took over a decade to create, and less than a few seconds to shoot down. But its pilot was not deterred. Aurel returned to the skies in a newer, better Gyrocopter. One with Flak Cannons, to strafe entire fields of foes. And Homing Missiles, to shoot down bogeys no matter how they twist or turn. Somebody infringing on your airspace? Let them have it with a Rocket Barrage. But sometimes, it's easier to just use the big bomb. Aurel Calls Down an air strike, and then delivers the payload himself before soaring away from the rising explosion. Not bad for an old timer.|
- Aurel Vlaicu was a Romanian pioneer of early flight.
- Gyrocopter's response upon meeting Play "Holy shit, it's Viper!" is a reference to a scene of the movie Top Gun.
- Gyrocopter's helmet is similar to Gaetan "The Mole" Moliere's headgear from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
Model and icons before the November 21, 2013 Patch