Dota 2 Wiki Guides
This is a list of Hero Guides written by the Dota 2 community. They detail the playstyle, strengths and weaknesses of each hero, as well as tips and tactics for each ability. Please help add information to incomplete guides. Reference completed guides for layout and formatting styles.
Guides (sometimes also called Hero Builds) are guides created by players, that can suggest items and highlight abilities to level. They can be created and shared by players either in-game or through the Hero Builds Editor.
"Hero Builds Editor" has been out of order, probably since 2014.
- Detailed talents now show up on the Guide panel - In the Loadout / Strategy and the In-Game viewer.
- Hero Guide Viewer now has sorting options for Your Guides and All Guides.
- Author Name and Last Updated Time has been added to the Guide Viewer.
- Hero Guide Viewer now also displays visual entries for Abilities and Talents.
- Tooltip has been added to the favorite star on the Guide Viewer.
- Fixed a couple of UI issues on the Guide Builder tool.
- New strings and options related to guides have been added.
- Changes to the format of all Hero Guides.
- Fixed visual overlay with Guides on Talent Tree.
- Added Guide support for Talent Trees.
- Fixed unpublished guides (that were in your cloud) not showing up in your Guide browser
- Some backend updates related to Hero Builds. Something to mark default suggested build, other build and the option to save an item build to the Steam Cloud.
- Fixed hero guide submission.
- Fixed various crash bugs around Guides in Frostivus.
- Added a language filter to the in-game UI when selecting a hero build. Build authors will need to republish hero builds and choose a language when publishing in order for builds to be filterable by language.
- Fixed slow hero build loading times for users with a large number of subscribed or previously used hero builds.
- Prevented guides for the previously-played hero from erroneously showing up at the start of the next game.
- There's now a dialog asking the player to rate their currently-used hero build (if it's not yet been rated).
- Added In-game Guides and Hero Builds!