Gondar the Bounty Hunter is a melee agility hero that excels at hunting, chasing down and killing single targets. His skill set allows him to roam and gank very effectively, as his Shadow Walk allows him to sneak up to unsuspecting targets to initiate. Shadow Walk is also an effective escape and mobility spell, as he can run from dangerous situations and roam invisibly around the map to keep the enemy guessing even if they have Observer Wards active. His ability to deal medium amounts of damage with Jinada, interrupt their Town Portal Scrolls with Shuriken Toss, and keep perfect tabs on their location and movements with Track all make him a powerful and ruthless ganker who is all but impossible to escape once he has his sights locked in. Bounty Hunter's ability to roam, scout and get important kills for his team while bolstering their gold gain with Track can secure his team a strong gold advantage, and give his foes no safe place to hide.
Does not stun or attempt to damage spell immune units.
Can jump to and off of spell immune units.
- The shuriken travels at a speed of 1000.
- The shuriken first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- The initial target does not have to be ed for the shuriken to bounce.
- Can only bounce to each unit once.
- When upgraded by
, the shuriken bounces on each tracked enemies a second time.
- It first jumps on all tracked units it didn't jump to yet. If no such enemies are found, it jumps to tracked enemies it jumped onto already.
- Cannot bounce on the same unit twice in a row, so if used against a lone tracked target, it only hits once.
- Choosing the damage upgrading talent immediately upgrades all of Bounty Hunter's currently flying shurikens.
- When off cooldown, Bounty Hunter's weapons emit particle effects.
- Checks its cooldown on attack begin, not on attack hit.
- This means Jinada does not apply when it went off cooldown during the attack animation.
- The bonus damage is granted as an attack damage bonus whenever the ability goes off cooldown, and is removed when going on cooldown.
- Only steals unreliable gold, removing it from the target and adding it to his own unreliable gold.
- Bounty Hunter gains exactly how much the target loses.
- Only steals gold when attacking enemy heroes, including clones, excluding illusions.
- When attacking any other unit (including buildings and wards), only the damage is applied, triggering the cooldown.
- Does not work against allies, neither the gold steal, nor the damage bonus.
- Does not interrupt Bounty Hunter's channeling spells upon cast.
- The attack first applies its own damage, and then the Shadow Walk debuff.
- During the fade time, Bounty Hunter can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Those attacks apply the Shadow Walk slow as well.
- The invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon landing an attack. Missed attacks do not break it.
- Casting does not break the invisibility of Shadow Walk.
- Shadow Walk allows Bounty Hunter to pass through other units, including wards, but not through buildings.
- Bounty Hunter can pick up, drop or attack items without breaking the invisibility.
- Despite the visual effect, the Track debuff is applied instantly on the target.
- Grants the gold to Bounty Hunter and his allies around the target as reliable gold when the target dies, no matter how it dies.
- Track can be cast on illusions and , but does not grant any gold when they die.
- When multiple s are tracked and one of them dies, each Meepo grants the Track gold around them.
- Allies only get the bonus gold if they are within 1200 range of the tracked hero while alive. Bounty Hunter himself gets the gold regardless of distance, even while dead.
- The move speed is provided by an aura on the target. Its buff lingers for 0.5 seconds. Multiple instances of the aura do not stack.
- The visual effects and sound of Track are only visible and audible to Bounty Hunter and his allies. However, the debuff is visible to everyone.
- The visual effects on Bounty Hunter given by the move speed buff is visible to everyone as well.
- The debuff icon on the target shows how much gold it currently has.
- Alt-clicking the debuff also announces their current gold in the chat.
|+350 Health||15||+50 Attack Speed|
|+25% XP Gain||10||+20 Movement Speed|
- regenerates health for Bounty Hunter to resist enemy harassment.
- also restores health.
- allows Bounty Hunter to maintain casting his spells, as his base mana pool is quite small and Shadow Walk costs little mana to cast.
- provides attributes that improve survivability.
- provides damage block to counter physical harassment, and is effectively mandatory when playing in the off-lane.
- are important for survival as an offlaner, and important for getting in position for ganks as a roamer. Buy them as early as possible.
- is a powerful early-game complement to Shadow Walk, as the combination of slows can reduce a target's movement speed by up to 44%
- is a good item to get on Bounty Hunter once he begins roaming, as it firms up his HP pool and gives him some mana regen. Getting successful ganks off will get charges that can be used either to add damage in further ganks or to heal in between ganks.
- is highly recommended on Bounty Hunter, as his small HP pool makes it disparately effective on him and his spells have low cooldowns (and a high mana cost, in the case of Shuriken Toss). A full charge Magic Stick can replenish a large fraction of Bounty Hunter's health, and give him enough mana to cast multiple spells. is powerful for all the same reasons, giving Bounty Hunter additional attributes as well as larger charge storage.
- increases the mana pool for Bounty Hunter and restore mana to team so everyone can use more abilities on the map.
- gives comprehensive attribute bonuses as well as increasing Bounty Hunter and his allies' movement speed, getting ganks going.
- improves Bounty Hunter's survivability with armor and attributes, as well as giving him increased mana regen. Using the active on a gank target reduces their armor by a large amount, and slows their movement and attack speed.
- dispels and reflects targeted abilities to protect Bounty Hunter and allies in team fights.
- replenish health and mana to all your team and you, remove debuffs from you like some silences, and the guardian aura its strong during teamfights, it can be farmed fast with Track kills.
- is very effective on Bounty Hunter both as a roamer. The low mana cost of his spells and his small HP pool mean that he gets a lot of benefits from the regen, and his mobility with Shadow Walk allows him to bottle runes as needed.
- allows Bounty Hunter to lifesteal, giving him a measure of sustainability by attacking creeps. The mana regen it provides makes him a more independent roamer, and the bonus damage and armor improve his offensive and defensive capabilities. Beware purchasing this item when initiating on foes in-lane though, as the lifesteal aura may give away your position.
- protects Bounty Hunter from targeted spells, on top of the stat and regen improvement. Blocking an enemy from targeting you with a disable or debuff can drastically improve Bounty Hunter's survivability when evading enemy ganks, and can increase the chances of successful ganks by preventing the enemy from counter-disabling you.
- greatly increases the size of Bounty Hunter's mana pool, as well as giving him powerful mana regen to let him sustain without having to return to the fountain as often. The silence is a powerful ganking tool, as it prevents foes from retaliating during a gank and can help ensure a kill due to the damage amplification at the end of the silence.
- is a powerful initiating item as it drastically increases the damage taken from attacking a target with Jinada and Track. The armor reduction helps allies to add their damage in a gank, ensuring a swift kill.
- greatly extends Bounty Hunter's already strong mobility, as he can chase and escape over impassable terrain, especially when combined with Track. It can be used in conjunction with Shadow Walk to allow for powerful initiations and chasing, preventing targets from running away under even the best of circumstances.
- can be a powerful utility item that aids Bounty Hunter's spell casting. It boosts the size of his mana pool, as well as providing mana regen. The increased cast range allow Bounty Hunter to cast his spells from safer range.
- is a very strong utility item that greatly improves Bounty Hunter's disabling potential. Besides giving him all-around attributes and greatly boosting his intelligence and mana regen, the Hex is an extremely powerful hard disable that can instantly disable a target from range.
|Playstyle:||Fear is the mother of rumor, and tales of Gondar's origins are nothing but hearsay. He Shadow Walks into the best guarded keeps, enchanting his blades with the word "Jinada", so that they may cripple with a single slice. If that doesn't do the job, Gondar reaches for his oversized Shuriken, and slings it into his victim's back. For the right price, the Bounty Hunter will deliver any head. The hunted are tagged with an invisible mark, allowing Gondar and his partners to Track, kill, and make a little extra off the corpse. Because in the end, it's all about the gold.|
- In DotA, Gondar shared the same hero model and dialogue as Akama, a playable Broken Draenei hero in the campaign of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and later an NPC in World of Warcraft.
- Gondar's line, ▶️ "No job is too big, no fee is too big." is a direct quote from the movie Ghostbusters.
- Gondar's line, ▶️ "Dead or Alive you're coming with me." is the same line used multiple times by the main protagonist of the movie "Robocop".
- Bounty Hunter's line, ▶️ "You can run but you can't hide." is the same line from the movie "Liar Liar."