From Dota 2 Wiki
| Force Staff|
|Allows you to manipulate others, for good or evil.|
- One Force Staff grants a total of 120 mana, 20% mana regen amplification and 0.71% spell damage.
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- Pushes the target at a speed of 1200.
- The target is not disabled during the push, so it still can cast spells or items, attack and turn during the push.
- It also means that it does not cancel channeling spells of the target.
- However, it interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast, since it is a single target spell. It is not the push itself canceling them.
- Cannot break Pounce leash. When casting on a leashed hero, it does not get pushed beyond the leash's max range.
- Can force units over impassable terrain. Trees within 100 radius around the pushed target get destroyed during the push.
- Shares cooldown with Hurricane Pike.
- Heroes that require a mobility item will pick up a Force Staff, often in addition to a Blink Dagger.
- It may also be purchased by heroes intending to build a Hurricane Pike.
- This is an overall good and cheap utility item for saving allies and messing up enemy positioning.
- Force can push units over cliffs and through trees, making it a great chasing or escaping item.
- It is also good for countering Heroes that can make impassable barriers, such as Earthshaker, Clockwerk or Nature's Prophet.
- Unlike Blink Dagger, the item is not disabled when receiving damage, allowing for both initiation and escape (but the distance is shorter). And it can be upgraded into an hurricane pike even for melee heroes late game to get extra stats compared to the blink dagger.
- Force Staff is the cheapest item to disable a Linken's Sphere allowing you to use more powerful spells like Hex from a Scythe of Vyse and/or Soul Rend from Bloodthorn.
- When chasing enemies, the Force Staff can be used to chase down enemies easily and disable them although one should use it with extreme caution.