|Allows you to manipulate others, for good or evil.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 2.5 health regen, 120 mana and 0.5 mana regen.
- For agility heroes, it grants 2.5 health regen, 120 mana and 0.5 mana regen.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 2.5 health regen, 120 mana, 0.5 mana regen and 10 attack damage.
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- Pushes the target at a speed of 1200.
- The target is not disabled during the push, so they still can cast spells or items, attack and turn during the push.
- This means it does not cancel channeling spells of the target.
- However, it interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast, since it is a single target spell. It is not the push itself canceling them.
- Does not push units affected by , , , or .
- Cannot push units through or .
- If the target is affected by , it cannot push the unit further than its max stretch distance allows.
- If the target is leashed by
, the leash gets instantly broken upon cast.
- However, if the target gets leashed after cast, it cannot push the unit further than the max stretch distance of Pounce allows.
- Can move units over impassable terrain. Trees within 100 radius around the pushed target get destroyed during the push.
- Can be cast on forced movement. but without any effect, since Roshan is immune to
- Shares cooldown with . Does not share cooldown with .
- Heroes that require a mobility item will pick up a Force Staff, often in addition to a
- It may also be purchased by heroes intending to build a
- This is an overall good and cheap utility item for saving allies and messing up enemy positioning.
- Force can push units over cliffs and through trees, making it a great chasing or escaping item.
- It is also good for countering Heroes that can make impassable barriers, such as , or .
- Unlike , the item is not disabled when receiving damage, allowing for both initiation and escape (but the distance is shorter). And it can be upgraded into an hurricane pike even for melee heroes late game to get extra stats compared to the blink dagger.
- Force Staff is the cheapest item to disable a allowing you to use more powerful spells like Hex from a and/or Soul Rend from .
- When chasing enemies, the Force Staff can be used to chase down enemies easily and disable them although one should use it with extreme caution.
Icon when Compass of the Rising Gale is equipped
Icon when Compass of the Rising Gale is equipped, using the alternative style