| Flying Courier|
|The faithful mount upon which soar the fortunes of battle.|
- Becomes available for purchase at the 3 minute mark.
- It takes 3 minutes for the Flying Courier to replenish in the stock.
- Flying Courier is completely shareable.
- This item acts as a recipe to upgrade the Animal Courier. Buying it automatically upgrades the Animal Courier (wherever it is).
- However, unlike other recipes, it does not combine into one item when the Animal Courier and the Flying Courier items are in the inventory.
- The Flying Courier is not a valid target for most spells. A list of spells which affect the courier can be found below.
- The courier can be upgraded even while it is dead. This does not affect the respawn time of the current death.
- The upgrade causes the courier to take 50% more damage from melee attacks than from ranged attacks.
- Its respawn time gets increased to 180 seconds.
- It is possible to have multiple Flying Couriers. However, only the first created courier reacts on the courier button.
- All couriers are controllable by the entire team, no matter who buys and deploys the courier.
- When a courier dies, the opposing team's heroes get 175 gold each. If there already is a dead courier, no gold is granted.
- However, an enemy making the killing blow on a courier always gets the 175 gold bounty.
Like a hero, the courier possesses 6 inventory slots and 3 backpack slots. However, it has restrictions. Almost every item gets muted when in the courier's inventory, rendering all their stats and abilities disabled and unusable for the courier. Muted items are darkened out in its inventory. The following items are not muted:
- Animal Courier
- Dust of Appearance
- Gem of True Sight
- Observer and Sentry Wards
- Ring of Health
- Ring of Regen
- Sage's Mask
- Smoke of Deceit
- Tango (Shared)
- Void Stone
However, only a few of them can be actually used by the Flying Courier.
- The courier can use Tango (Shared) and Cheese and benefits from the health regeneration granted by Ring of Regen, Ring of Health and Perseverance.
- The courier has no mana pool and mana regeneration. So Sage's Mask, Void Stone and the mana regen part of Perseverance are useless for it. This also means that it cannot use Town Portal Scroll.
- The courier is not able to place or share Observer Wards and Sentry Wards. Trying to do so will give the "Item is not usable by Couriers" error message.
- It also can activate Dust of Appearance and Smoke of Deceit, but the last does not affect the courier.
- The Bottle can be "used". Using it puts it on its short cooldown, but does not use up a charge and does not regenerate. This goes for using it on self or on allies with the CTRL key.
- Despite not being muted, Gem of True Sight does not provide True Sight when carried by the Flying Courier.
- It is possible to buy a Divine Rapier with the Flying Courier and it can drop the Rapier. However, it cannot pick it back up again, as it cannot pick up Rapiers in general. It cannot pick up the Aegis of the Immortal either.
- Both Gem of True Sight and Divine Rapier are dropped when a Flying Courier carrying them is killed.
- Even when the secret shop on the enemy side of the map is closer, the courier still chooses the secret shop on its team's side of the map.
- The courier walks as close as possible to the shop keeper.
- When the courier has no items in its inventory, it stands still for a split second when casting this and then continues doing what it was doing previously.
- The courier walks to the same spot as with Return to Base. But the items are already put into the stash when 700 range away from the shop.
- When the player has no items in its stash, it gives the "No Items To Retrieve From Stash" error message and does not interrupt the courier.
- Retrieves the items from the stash when getting within 700 range of the shop keeper. When the items are retrieved, the courier stops.
- When the courier has no items in its inventory to transfer, it stands still for a split second when casting this and then continues doing what it was doing previously.
- After delivering the items, the courier automatically gets the Return to Base order.
Abilities affecting couriers
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Flying Courier's passive ability, Upgrade Courier, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.