|is a hero who holds mastery over time. He dashes through the battlefield, rewinding damage with , stuns enemies with , and causes their abilities to recharge slower with . His signature ability, , creates a bubble in space-time, stopping everything caught within so he and his team can beat down the enemy without retribution. As a melee carry, Faceless Void requires a large amount of farm in order to deal decent damage, but can be devastatingly powerful once he has his items. Faceless Void can be played solo in the off-lane, or with a support in the safe lane.|
|Generic Faceless Void|
|+500Cast Range||20||+40 Attack Speed|
|+10 Strength||10||+15 Damage|
Tips & Tactics
- The unique nature of Faceless Void's ultimate means that, unlike other agility-based carries, he does not farm many survivability items. Rather, Faceless Void builds for as much damage output as possible, and then casts Chronosphere to immobilize multiple enemies at once, so that he can kill numerous foes during a fight while they are unable to retaliate at all. As well, Faceless Void benefits greatly from having teammates with strong ranged damage output who can also take advantage of Chronosphere to blow up the enemy team before they can respond.
- Faceless Void is almost always played in the safe lane as the team's core farmer. His job is to farm as safely as possible, and take kill opportunities if they come, in order to build the early-game items he needs to be able to farm without support.
- Time Walk is a Pseudo Blink ability that renders Faceless Void invulnerable as he quickly jumps to the target location.
- The most general use for Time Walk is to allow Faceless Void to close the distance to an enemy, either to attack them or to cast Chronosphere. As such, it can be important to get many early levels in this ability to maximize Darkterror's initiation potential.
- In a pinch, Time Walk can be used as an escape spell to put distance between Faceless Void and any incoming attackers. However, beware that it does not disjoint projectiles, so attacks that follow him to his destination can still hit him.
- Time Dilation provides a considerable move and attack speed slow to the debuffed targets, but mostly hinders the opponent's ability to spam spells. Thus, it is best used against heroes that have quick, spammable spells with low cooldowns, such as 's , 's or 's and .
- It remains potent against enemies with moderate cds, since time dilation's duration may prevent them from casting their spell a second time during an engagement.
- If you're fighting an enemy one-on-one, use it when Chronosphere is about to expire instead of at the start, to waste no time on the debuff's duration.
- Time Dilation has a great potential against illusion heroes due to its mechanic as it highlights only a real hero . The great part is that it works before and after the illusions appear.
- Time Lock is a powerful bash-type passive ability that allows Faceless Void's attacks to stun enemies and deal bonus damage.
- Time Lock allows Faceless Void's damage and disable potential to scale tremendously with attack speed, as each proc instance of Time Lock will stun and deal bonus magical damage. With enough attack speed, Faceless Void can keep an enemy almost permanently disabled through repeated bashes, and deal large amounts of damage with those bashes.
- Getting several levels in Time Lock, alongside increasing Faceless Void's attack speed, will greatly boost the amount of damage he deals.
- Time Lock pierces spell immunity, allowing it to stun enemies who have activated Black King Bar, as well as siege creeps. The former case can be a powerful use of crowd control to disable enemies through spell immunity, while the latter case can be helpful for stopping pushes by removing a siege creep's damage output for a short duration if it is attacking a tower.
- Chronosphere is one of the most powerful and most feared area disables in the game, capable of stopping entire teams in their tracks regardless of spell immunity. Used wisely, it can allow Faceless Void and his allies to kill numerous enemy players with little to no resistance.
- Due to its extremely long cooldown, Chronosphere must be used wisely, as Faceless Void is very weak without it. As teamfights do not happen regularly in the early game, Chronosphere can be used to secure kills in the laning phase, however once teamfights start becoming more frequent the spell must be kept in reserve until the right moment.
- Faceless Void (as well as any units under his control) gains 1000 movement speed and phase movement inside his own Chronosphere, allowing him to attack any targets within as needed. Try to catch enemies in Chronosphere first, and then select targets once they are disabled. As well, remember that Faceless Void will never be disabled by a Chronosphere, even one cast by an enemy, though he will not gain the movement bonuses inside a Chronosphere that he does not own.
- However, be very wary if there is a on the enemy team. While Faceless Void can still move inside of Rubick's Chronosphere, his teammates cannot. Fortunately, Faceless Void can easily avoid since he is able to cast Time Dilation in order to have it as his last cast spell, but of course, be sure to catch Rubick inside of Chronosphere to ensure that he does not steal it and use it against your teammates.
- Take special care when casting Chronosphere; unlike other disables in the game, it is capable of freezing allies in place, not just enemies. Avoid trapping teammates inside a Chronosphere unless a decisive advantage can be secured, and try to place the Chronosphere such that it does not impede allies' movements as they attempt to assist in a teamfight.
- It can be useful to target Chronosphere such that part of it can deny terrain to the enemy. Placing the sphere such that the enemy cannot assist without entering the sphere can help ensure that they will not be able to interfere as much, if at all, in a teamfight.
- Remember that Chronosphere will freeze buildings as well, not just units; this includes fountains, friendly or enemy. This makes Chronosphere very strong for diving enemy towers and even their fountain, as Faceless Void can prevent them from attacking him and take advantage of the boosted movement speed to enter and leave at high speed.
- The key to utilizing Chronosphere properly is target prioritization. Be sure to coordinate with teammates to kill important targets during the Chronosphere, which may not always be the enemy's carry. If Chronosphere can catch supports with powerful spells and teamfight items, killing them first can remove those abilities and items from the field, making the remainder of the fight much harder for the enemy.
- As well, Chronosphere's disable potential can be greatly augmented by additional crowd control from teammates. Spells such as , , can clump the enemy up together to allow Faceless Void to trap several of them at once. Once clumped together, the enemy becomes extremely vulnerable to area-of-effect nukes such as , , , and so on.
- It is important to remember that while enemies inside of Chronosphere are helpless, those outside can still hinder Faceless Void's attempts to kill their teammates. This means that spells such as , and can foil attempts at getting kills, and disables can still be targeted on Faceless Void to render him unable to act during Chronosphere. This further emphasizes the importance of target prioritization, as it may be necessary to target Chronosphere on supports over carries, or it may be necessary to kill targets outside of the Chronosphere first.
- Chronosphere will reveal invisible enemies within the sphere, making it powerful against certain spells like
- Chronosphere's True Sight also reveals wards.
- Keep in mind that Faceless Void's longer-than-normal cast animation, combined with the travel time of Time Walk, can allow alert enemies to completely dodge Chronosphere if they react quickly enough. As such, try to cast Chronosphere immediately upon emerging from Time Walk, and try to target it on enemies that do not have the ability to instantly re-position themselves to evade it.
- If enemies become invulnerable before Chronosphere is cast, they will not be affected by it, whether it is an ally or enemy. This means that a can continue hitting targets inside with , can travel through with , and so on.
- regenerates health lost to enemy harassment, which Faceless Void receives when he gets close to the creep waves in order to last hit.
- also restores health.
- provides Faceless Void with increased base damage as well as a small amount of armor, giving him better farming power and a little physical survivability.
- damage block from the start, ensuring that he has survival against harass damage. provides him with
- increases Faceless Void's ability to last-hit creeps, which is important for ensuring that he farms well in the early game. By augmenting his already formidable attack damage, Faceless Void can ensure that the enemy has a hard time denying him even if they are in a position to.
- can be useful to get on Faceless Void given his small base HP and mana pool. The burst regen can give him more survivability and the ability to cast his spells if he finds himself in lots of early engagements.
- give more movement speed, important in the early game since he is a melee hero who must be able to position himself quickly for last-hitting and avoiding harass.
- gives Faceless Void increased attributes, and provides even more burst HP and mana regen than Magic Stick.
- provides bonus attack damage and the ability to switch attributes, useful for giving Faceless Void more HP for survivability, more mana for casting spells on his limited mana pool, or more attack speed and base damage.
- allows Faceless Void to lifesteal, important for ensuring that his HP remains topped off, especially while farming in the jungle and lifesteal works with Time Lock damage as well. The active also gives lots of attack speed for him to proc Time Lock.
- massively enhances Faceless Void's initiation factor. With its range almost double that of Time Walk, it's an important item for catching multiple enemy heroes.
- can be a powerful defensive item if the enemy has ranged disablers nukers that can position themselves to avoid being caught by Chronosphere. Activating spell immunity during Chronosphere allows Faceless Void to avoid being disabled or nuked down from outside the sphere, which lets him focus his undivided attention on targets inside. The item also provides Faceless Void with more HP and attack damage, giving him increased survivability and damage output.
- greatly increases his survivability and allows him to counter-initiate with Chronosphere even if he got caught or just to escape but heal back the damage with Time Walk.
- is a situational item to pick up on Faceless Void. As the item provides survivability and not increased damage output, it does not greatly assist Faceless Void in killing enemies during Chronosphere. However, the greatly decreased cooldown allows Chronosphere to be used tactically, getting guaranteed pick-offs against lone enemies and then coming off cooldown in time for the next engagement. As well, the bonus mana and intelligence decrease the strain that Chronosphere's high mana cost places on Faceless Void's mana pool.
- 's evasion gives him survivability against physical attacks, increasing his ability to ignore enemy attacks while the increased agility, damage and attack speed greatly increase his ability to deal damage with his attacks.
- is one of the best damage boosting items Faceless Void can pick up. The added damage and 2.4x crit will boost your physical damage output immensely. When coupled with some attack speed boosting items, Faceless Void becomes a very fearsome threat against enemies, can proc with the second attack of Time Lock.
- increases attack damage and can be a necessary item to deal damage to enemies with evasion.
- is always useful in any low-HP hero. The gigantic HP increase will allow Faceless Void to better weather attacks, especially from damage nukes that may be targeted on him from outside of a Chronosphere. The HP regen outside of battle can also allow him to become a bigger threat against the enemy team if he manages to slip away temporarily, as he can return shortly after with a full HP bar that the enemy must chip away at all over again.
- can be a strong damage item for Faceless Void. The greatly increased attack speed can allow him to proc Time Lock and certain items much more often, greatly increasing his DPS. The increased night vision range can give him a strong vision advantage at night which in turn can allow him to initiate good fights he otherwise could not have seen. Consuming the item can free up an inventory slot for a permanent attack speed bonus, clearing up the item slot for an extra lategame item.
- is a well-balanced farming item that provides Faceless Void with self-sustain as well as attack damage. The HP and mana regen let Faceless Void farm for extended periods of time without returning to base, while the cleave, bonus creep damage and additional attack damage allow him to farm creeps more quickly. As well, the cleave allows Faceless Void to spread physical damage around inside of Chronosphere, useful if he can catch multiple enemies in close proximity and sinergises with Time Lock.
- is a strong farming and attack damage item that greatly increases Faceless Void's damage output during Chronosphere. The increased attack speed and Chain Lightning allow Faceless Void to farm creeps more quickly, as well as proccing multiple times during a Chronosphere to spread magical damage around to all caught enemies. As well, the active can allow Faceless Void to punish enemies if they try to attack him, whether he is inside a Chronosphere or not.
- is a risky but strong utility item that allows Faceless Void to cast Chronosphere twice in a teamfight. While purchasing a Refresher Orb will reduce Faceless Void's carry potential as it does not provide him with increased damage output, doubling up on Chronosphere's disable duration can give Faceless Void's team an additional window with which to focus and burst down enemy heroes, which can be necessary for winning fights.
- is a safer alternative to , trading away the attack speed and added damage in exchange for more well rounded attributes and an aura that affects your team.
- can be picked up by Faceless Void just in case enemy picked up a to nullify Faceless Void's damage inside Chronosphere as it dispels the Combo Breaker effect. Also give him plenty of damage and some Armor and HP Regeneration.
- is commonly built as a means to increase Faceless Void's survivability in conjunction with Time Walk. It prevents single target disables or silences from disrupting his initiation with Chronosphere and can save his life in a gank.
- is a solid damage increasing pick up that also allows Faceless Void lock down an single enemy with the slow. As well, it's a good item to pick up if against enemies who are weak to losing their mana (such as and ).