- and enable Abaddon to keep an ally alive during Chronosphere.
- prevents Faceless Void from killing Abaddon during his Chronosphere.
- and prevent Faceless Void from maximizing his damage potential in fights.
- disables Faceless Void during Chronosphere.
- and disable Faceless Void so he cannot escape with Time Walk.
- will allow Earth Spirit to get on top of Faceless Void at all stages of the game.
- spell immunity and prevents Faceless Void from escaping with Time Walk. pierces
- can silence Faceless Void for a long time, preventing him from using his Time Walk and Chronosphere.
- does damage over time, preventing Faceless Void from backtracking the full damage with Time Walk.
- applies a big attack speed slow, stopping Faceless Void from doing many attacks while in Chronosphere.
- can heal allies and damage Faceless Void from outside Chronosphere.
- can be cast outside of Chronosphere, forcing Faceless Void to step away from it, lest he'll take a lot of damage
- can pull an ally out of Chronosphere.
- will keep damaging Void if he toggled it before Chronosphere.
- will help Pudge survive through the Chronosphere with enough stacks, and follow with .
- can banish Faceless Void or an ally in Chronosphere, making it less effective of an ability.
- Faceless Void's illusions created by will not get stunned by Chronosphere, allowing Shadow Demon to attack Faceless Void in his Chronosphere.
- Casting after releasing charges will make Time Walk unable to backtrack the damage.
- is a good way to deal damage as the initial damage and the release damage can't both be Time Walked at the same time.
- break Time Lock with . is a great slow, useful to force out a Time Walk early and can
- can absorb damage while allies are trapped in Chronosphere.
- can save an ally from the Chronosphere.
- Since he relies on Time Walk to move and regenerate, one could argue that he's especially vulnerable to . But few heroes aren't.
- Any hero that can nullify effects of Chronosphere: (banishing him or Faceless Void ( , , with ) or protecting him in other ways ( , , ) can greatly limit Chronosphere's potential. , with during daytime, ),
- will prevent damage taken for a while, which may keep the wielder alive during Chronosphere.
- reduces the amount of healing Faceless Void receives from Time Walk.
- can render Faceless Void unable to use his abilities in a team fight or prevent him from escaping a chase.
- prevents Faceless Void from casting any spells or items as well as attacking, a more reliable version of Orchid Malevolence.
- can stop Faceless Void from acting in his Chronosphere, protecting whoever he trapped inside.
- can help prevent allies from getting killed in Chronosphere.
- can cast on allies to prevent from getting attacked in Chronosphere.
- Chronosphere provides excellent lockdown against Anti-Mage, allowing for reliable kills in all stages of the game.
- Time Dilation while and are on cooldown will make these abilities unusable for a long time, shutting down his mobility and defensiveness.
- Faceless Void's low mana pool makes him a poor target for , although he is very vulnerable should Anti-Mage burn all of his mana.
- Time Walk will not make deal damage for the distance jumped and can be used to quickly escape from .
- Time Dilation while and are on cooldown will make these abilities unusable for a long time, rendering Bristleback nearly useless.
- Bristleback cannot turn inside the Chronosphere, which makes it easy to attack him from the front, completely bypassing his passive damage reduction.
- Time Walk can easily avoid Invoker's combo damage if doesn't have disables.
- Chronosphere will reveal Invoker during .
- All of Invoker's hidden cooldowns are affected by Time Dilation, so Faceless Void can easily slow him down a lot.
- Time Dilation affects Morphling low cooldown spells, making unusable for a long time, rendering Morphling nearly useless.
- Morphling cannot use while he is inside Chronosphere which makes it easy to kill him.
- Time Dilation while and are on cooldown will make these abilities unusable for a long time, rendering Necrophos nearly useless.
- Necrophos cannot use while he is inside Chronosphere which makes it easy to kill him.
- Time Dilation affects Queen of Pain low cooldown spells, making unusable for a long time, rendering Queen of Pain nearly useless.
- Chronosphere provides excellent lockdown against Queen of Pain, allowing for reliable kills in all stages of the game.
- Time Walk can break very quickly, preventing Razor from building up attack damage.
- Time Dilation while with is on cooldown will make it unusable for a long time, reducing Rubick's potential.
- Rubick's own Chronosphere stolen with cannot stun Faceless Void.
- Time Dilation while and are on cooldown will make these abilities unusable for a long time, reducing his escape potential. However, Time Dilation is dispellable with so it needs to be timed well.
- Chronosphere will not reveal Slark during , but covers the whole duration of Shadow Dance making him unable to use it to attack or escape. Slark still receives the regeneration benefit from Shadow Dance.
- Time Dilation while and are on cooldown will make it unusable for a long time, reducing Storm Spirit's potential.
- Faceless Void can catch Storm Spirit during with time correctly Chronosphere or Time Walk.
- Time Dilation while and are on cooldown will make these abilities unusable for a long time, reducing Weaver's escape potential.
- Chronosphere will reveal Weaver during .
- Heroes who rely on invisibility, such as , , , and , as they will be revealed if caught by Chronosphere.
- Frail heroes who lack mobility can also be an easy target to lock down with Chronosphere, such as , , and .
- Any hero that relies on a low cooldown spells is vulnerable to Time Dilation.
- Abilities that requires channelling are easily interrupted by Chronosphere: , , .
- Invisibility items like , / can be easily revealed by Chronosphere.
Works well with...
- Chronosphere can be ideal set up for and .
- combined with Chronosphere provides a lot of area of effect lockdown.
- greatly boosts Faceless Void's damage output.
- Chronosphere is a perfect set up for all of Invoker's abilities, like and .
- can deal tons of damage to the units trapped inside Chronosphere.
- Chronosphere is a good setup for and .
- Chronosphere can be an ideal set up for if multiple heroes are trapped in Chronosphere.
- Outworld Devourer can attack from outside the Chronosphere to steal intelligence as to maximize damage from .
- Chronosphere can be an ideal set up for to follow up, as fewer heroes will be able to attack it.]
- Sniper's very long attack range allows him to safely attack trapped enemies inside the Chronosphere, setting up and easily.
- Witch Doctor can cast outside of the Chronosphere and have it attack enemy heroes within it.
- is not frozen by Chronosphere while using or , enabling him to deal great damage to units caught inside.
- AoE damage over time works just fine with Chronosphere, such as , , and .