- and enable Abaddon to keep an ally alive during the Chronosphere.
- prevents Faceless Void from killing Abaddon during his Chronosphere.
- and prevent Faceless Void from maximizing his damage potential in fights.
- enables Brewmaster to deal damage to Faceless Void during Chronosphere, while potentially saving allied heroes.
- disables Faceless Void during Chronosphere.
- and disable Faceless Void so he cannot escape with Time Walk.
- will allow Earth Spirit to get on top of Faceless Void at all stages of the game.
- Night Stalker's ultimate and superior vision at night gives his team superior initiation, especially with an upgrade.
- can silence Faceless Void for a long time preventing him from using his Time Walk and Chronosphere.
- Does damage over time, and can be reapplied multiple times. Very good harass in lane and can be applied from outside Chronosphere.
- Easily initiate from safe distance, away from Chronosphere.
- Can heal allies, and damage void from outside Chronosphere.
- can pull an ally out of Chronosphere.
- will keep damaging Void if he toggled it before Chronosphere. A double-edged sword, but more dangerous to Faceless Void than to Pudge.
- will help Pudge survive through the Chronosphere with enough stacks, and follow with . The extra magic resistance also mildly protects him from Time Lock's magical damage.
- is effective against Chronosphere. It can also be used to prevent Void from Time Walking the damage off, although the mana cost may not be worth it if you want to spam Shadow Poison.
- is slow damage that Shadow Demon can stack up and trigger after Void uses Time Walk, making it hard for Void to stay in lane without plenty of regen.
- The amplification from is great against Void in most situations, since he usually builds survival and sustain items. Impossible to dispel.
is a great slow with delayed damage, possibly forcing out a Time Walk early and dealing "permanent" damage. Cannot be dispelled. Void can teleport out or blink away however.
- Can break Time Lock with .
- Good players will cast as Void is jumping in and stop his initiation. Or at least it will stop his allies from combo-ing with the Chronosphere.
- can save an ally from the Chronosphere.
- spell immunity and prevents Faceless Void from escaping with Time Walk. pierces
- can prevent many damage on allies trapped in Chronosphere.
- can be cast on Void will he's in his Chronosphere, preventing damage or buying enough time to follow up a counter with your allies.
- happens to be surprisingly helpful to disrupt Void if he trap one of his friend on the side of Chronosphere and Sven manage to land few hits on them.
- Since he relies on Time Walk to move and regen, one could argue that he's especially vulnerable to . But few heroes aren't.
- Any hero that can protect a target by healing him (banishing him or Void ( , , with ) or protecting him in other ways ( , , ) can greatly limit Chronosphere's potential, , , ),
- reduces damage taken which may keep wielder alive in Chronosphere.
- reduces the amount of healing Faceless Void receives from Time Walk.
- can render Faceless Void unable to use his abilities in a team fight or prevent him from escaping a chase.
- prevents Faceless Void from casting any spells or items as well as attacking, a more reliable version of Orchid Malevolence.
- can stop Faceless Void from acting in his Chronosphere, protecting whoever he trapped inside.
- can help prevent allies from getting killed in Chronosphere.
- Faceless Void can freeze 's low cooldown spells like and with Time Dilation which renders Slark unable to escape after he used them for the first time.
- Chronosphere| will not reveal Slark during , but covers the whole duration of Shadow Dance making him unable to use it to attack or escape. Slark still receives the regeneration benefit from Shadow Dance
- Time Dilation makes it impossible to spam and , rendering Bristleback nearly useless
- Bristleback cannot turn inside the Chronosphere, which makes it easy to attack him from the front, completely bypassing his passive damage reduction
- Chronosphere can catch Invoker's and set a kill due to his mediocre health pool.
- All of Invoker's hidden cooldowns are affected by time dilation, so Faceless Void can easily slow him by 80% or more.
- Time Dilation affects , making Weaver an easy target to pick off in lane.
- With Chronosphere being a lockdown and Sniper having a Low health pool to anyone who confronts him, Faceless Void can easily kill him once cast.
- Chronoshpere provides excellent lockdown against Anti-Mage, allowing for reliable kills in all stages of the game.
- Time Dilation prevents Anti-Mage from using as an escape mechanism until he is able to farm up a .
- Faceless Void's low mana pool makes him a poor target for , although he is very vulnerable should Anti-Mage burn all of his mana.
- Heroes who rely on Invisibility such as , , and will be revealed if caught by Chronosphere and can be easily killed.
- Micro-management heroes like , , and
- Frail heroes who lack mobility can also be an easy target to lock down with Chronosphere ( , , etc.).
Works well with...
- Enigma's Black Hole combined with Chronosphere thereafter ensures rampage on the enemy team.
- Chronosphere can be ideal set up for and .
- can deal tons of damage to the units trapped inside Chronosphere.
- greatly boosts Faceless Void's damage output.
- Chronosphere is perfect set up for all Invoker's abilities like , etc.
- Chronosphere is good setup for and .
- Chronosphere can be ideal set up for to affect as many enemy heroes as possible.
- Chronosphere can be ideal set up for for both damage and following stun.
- Witch Doctor can cast outside of the Chronosphere and hit enemy heroes within it.
- Outworld Devourer can steal intelligence during Chronosphere to maximize damage from ultimate.
- AoE damage over time works just fine with Chronosphere: , , , etc.