Eye of Skadi
| Eye of Skadi|
|Extremely rare artifact, guarded by the azure dragons.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 787.5 health, 17.19% health regen amplification, 2.5% magic resistance, 4 armor, 25 attack speed, 1.25% movement speed, 550 mana, 45% mana regen amplification, 1.75% spell damage and 25 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 675 health, 13.75% health regen amplification, 2% magic resistance, 5 armor, 31.25 attack speed, 1.56% movement speed, 550 mana, 45% mana regen amplification, 1.75% spell damage and 25 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 675 health, 13.75% health regen amplification, 2% magic resistance, 4 armor, 25 attack speed, 1.25% movement speed, 625 mana, 56.25% mana regen amplification, 2.19% spell damage and 25 attack damage.
Carry heroes who have naturally low stat growth, but abilities allowing them to quickly farm, will often buy this item after their core items have been obtained. The large amount of HP and mana can keep them alive in the late game, when their natural abilities are no longer strong enough on their own to win fights.Slark
- Slark has far lower than average stats in the late game due to low stat growth. The bonus health makes it easier to survive lategame fights, while bonus mana is enough to cast his spells constantly. The slow is also effective at keeping an enemy close to collect Essence Shift Stacks from vulnerable heroes.
- All of Meepo's clones benefit from the raw stats from Eye of Skadi, and he can farm expensive items exceptionally quickly.
- Once the enemy team has farmed up items to counter her early game strength, Eye of Skadi allows her to survive late game fights more often.
- When played as an Agility-based nuker, the mixed stats from Eye of Skadi are very beneficial to Morphling:
- Higher health pool while on full agility.
- Increases the damage from and .
- Morphling's mana pool is exceptionally small, and Eye of Skadi provides more than enough mana for him to cast his spells. Also the orb effect helps him keep people locked down.
Illusion-based heroes like to purchase this item as a late game luxury, as it makes their illusions far more durable, and they deal damage based purely on the hero's primary attribute, not any bonus damage their items provide.
- Normally reliant on the Slow provided by , Eye of Skadi offers a strong constant slow for the late game.
- Makes all of Terrorblade's illusions stronger, as well as offering an extra slow to allow more attacks from the illusions summoned by Reflection.
Heroes who have a reliable source of Damage reduction will often purchase this item, greatly increasing their durability.Medusa
- reduces damage by 60%, but only as long as Medusa has mana to fuel the ability. With the item's large amount of both HP and Mana, Eye of skadi offers the most effective HP to Medusa in a single item. Additionally, the slow is helpful for keeping enemy heroes at a distance during fights.
- An Aggressively-built Spectre will often pick up Eye of Skadi in order to increase her durability and further slow her targets during attacks.
- Skaði (Skadi) is the Goddess of Winter in Norse mythology.
- Skaði (Skadi) means "damage" or "harm" in Old Norse and Icelandic, pronounced "Skathi".
- Þjazi (Thiazi), Skadi's father in Norse mythology, had his eyes placed in the night sky as stars.