- will give him a free get away from BH combo.
- can be used to save allies from the onslaught and dispel most negative debuffs.
- Abaddon can easily heal up and heal allies in a team fight.
- Enigma's Pulse damage can be mitigated by Anti-Mage's high magic resistance from .
- After performing a BH combo, Anti will definitely give Enigma a chase.
- spell immunity early. flushes you outta position and forces you to activate your
- Simply will make it a living hell for you to initiate properly in a team fight, even through .
- He'll reduce all the damage he incurred from behind and counter attacks will trigger at long range when he's in BH.
- When left unattended in a teamfight he'll make it real hard for you to initiate.
- While being fragile, his harassment at early game is hard to ignore. He can easily kite you and kill your eidolons, claiming their bounty.
- 's stun cannot be blocked by anything at all, and during his channeling, Enigma is a sitting duck for Clockwerk.
- Enigma is a hero with no mobility and low health, which is Clockwerk's natural target as he can constantly keep himself on top of Enigma with , isolate him with , and track him down before he can cast anything with .
- will silence and eat Enigma slowly disregarding spell immunity, making him obsolete for its full duration.
- Dominated creeps will feed its , provide new abilities and health regen to him instead.
- Medusa's can make quick work of Enigma's eidolons, taking advantage of their considerable bounty.
- If Medusa activates at the start of a fight, it can make initiating — and landing an effective Black Hole — exceedingly difficult.
- is especially dangerous for Enigma, who is likely to be hit by the higher-damage latter bounces (due either to eidolons or standing in the back line) and is relatively mana dependent to execute a strong initiation.
- Pudge can use to cancel Black Hole (even through if combined with ).
- Enigma is prone to ganks at jungle or off-lane, and Pudge excels at that.
- Stacked magic resistance from his passive abilities will mitigate Pulse damage from Enigma.
- While having a really small health pool, he can bash your early jungling phase single handedly when you forget that he exists even for a moment.
- has a longer range than the AoE of Black Hole for the purposes of cancelling it.
- All of Enigma's spells are useful to
- is useful for interrupting channeling spells or long cast animations.
- can be used to push or counter-push a lane.
- is useful to block an area or for team fights.
- is very easy to steal, as it is a channeled ability. It's also one of the best ultimate abilities for team fights, and it can easily turn the fight around for the enemy team.
- can be cast from a quite long range to prevent Enigma's initiation with Black Hole.
- interrupts Black Hole even through and regardless of .
- extends Sniper's attack range, allowing him to position himself safely behind his team, making it difficult to catch him with Black Hole. An unattended Sniper can quickly kill a channeling Enigma (often from higher ground) to rout an otherwise strong initiation.
- may ruin Enigma's initiation with Blink Dagger.
- reflect the damage of Midnight Pulse and Black Hole back to Enigma.
- Using with proper timing, Storm Spirit can protect himself from Malefice's instances, disjoint Demonic Conversion's attack projectiles, get out of Midnight Pulse's radius or even dodge a Black Hole.
- At any time that Enigma isn't with his team, Storm Spirit can engage and bully him with his higher mobility and dueling potential. However, after getting Black King Bar, Enigma might turn the tables with his full combo and likely kill Storm if the latter is not careful enough.
- Storm can also kill all of Demonic Conversion's Eidolons pretty quickly without risking much. This will slow down Enigma's farming speed, award Storm some gold and prevent Enigma from split-pushing effectively at late game with his Eidolons and the according talents at level 20 and 25.
- Vengeful Spirit can interrupt Black Hole's channeling through by using from a safe distance away.
- On level 25 Vengeful Spirit can take a talent that makes her spell immunity, particularly allowing her to cancel Black Hole through . pierce
- 's spell immunity piercing stun can stop Black Hole's channeling. Due to this ability's large area of effect, it can be cast at a safe distance from the Black Hole.
- can easily make your Eidolons feed the enemy team in mere seconds.
- Channeled area based slow stops any surprise interference and he can easily heal his allies for recovery.
- , when directly targeted on Enigma, can go through . Not only can it be used to stop Black Hole, but it also turns his entire team against him, killing him nearly instantly.
- eidolon, killing off other eidolons and damaging nearby heroes as well. can be targeted on an
- Your best attempt to put him down may be in vain, will bring him back to life unless you can drain his mana before catching him up close.
- Enigma's Eidolons will feed him to summon Skeletons.
- After surviving the combo he can disable a teammate who is out of position to recover with lifesteal.
- Zeus may break with his long range abilities and global range ultimate, .
- has a long range and a mini-stun, providing a way for him to cancel Black Hole from safe distances before Enigma has .
- Zeus' upgraded ability has a global range and mini-stun, making it an even more effective way to cancel Black Hole before Enigma initiates with .
- Zeus is typically able to position himself at a safe distance from the fight, making him a difficult target to capture in a Black Hole.
- Enigma is fragile, and lacks escapes, being dependent on Ganking Heroes or Heroes with burst damage will likely kill him before he can do anything. Such Heroes include: , , , , , etc. for mobility.
- Enigma's left level 25 talent (increasing the eidolon count from three to eleven) powers up 's .
- Long ranged disables, especially those that pierce spell immunity, cancel Black Hole: , ,
- 's damage per second might not allow Enigma to use to initiate.
- can be used as a longer ranged method to cancel Black Hole provided Enigma hasn't activated a .
- can be activated as you get caught by Midnight Pulse or Black Hole to make Enigma suffer the pure damage back.
- The area of effect damage from Midnight Pulse and Black Hole help deal with 's illusions.
- She will be not able to cast her ultimate while under Malefice's debuff.
- His ultimate will be a double edged sword for him if he ever dares to use it by risking max health based damage of Enigma.
- Enigma can mass ranged summons which he's rather helpless against.
- His ultimate will be soaked by Enigma's eidolons most of the time mitigating the damage and wasting it on disposable summons. He has to get rid of your summons first if he wants to make it personal, and disabling him will not be a problem.
- Lacking any stun and being heavily dependent on his physical attacks and spell immunity, he is not able to stop Black Hole, as coming close to it would be suicide.
- Enigma's abilities, with exception of Malefice, go through spell immunity and deal pure damage (and percentage-based damage in Midnight Pulse's case), putting Lifestealer in a tricky situation.
- Malefice will cause Monkey King to struggle using some of his abilities, as its periodic damage and stun disables/interrupts some of the King's abilities ( , .
- Midnight Pulse also destroys trees in a wide radius, stunning Monkey King if he happened to be on a tree in the radius.
- Heroes under can be still damaged from the pure damage of Black Hole and Midnight Pulse.
- One of the slowest heroes fall prey to an area nuke quickly when caught off-guard.
- Enigma deals pure damage based on enemies' health, so the effective HP is never a problem for him. He completely ignores defensive abilities like , , , and others. Heroes with stacking health will also be worthless against him.
- Heroes with chanelling abilities or long cast points will find themselves useless when under the effects of Malefice, as its periodic stun will interrupt them when casting. This includes such: , , , and others.
- In general, Enigma fares well against any hero when played correctly and cautious, as his abilities works on any kind of Hero and his primary function is to start a team fight.
Works well with...
- 's shatter threshold can be reached way faster with Enigma's Midnight Pulse initiates.
- can taunt enemies to stand and attack Axe, as Enigma closes in for a combo.
- Black hole combining with can deal huge damages at full duration.
- Dark Seer's allows him to suck more heroes into Black Hole.
- 's illusions are able to attack the enemy heroes caught in Black Hole without restraint, thus dealing quite much damage.
- allows Enigma to initiate more easily.
- can deal much damage on heroes stuck in Black Hole.
- will make Enigma nearly unstoppable to land a combo and force a retreat.
- A well placed will simply shatters any hope of leaving a Black Hole combo alive ever.
- can gather around a targets at the Enigma's feet without him even trying.
- Naga Siren can initiate the war by locking someone with and make enemies focused on her, a perfect situation for Enigma.
- If Naga Siren is heavily wounded after ganked, a well timed can caught multiple enemies who ganked her, giving enough time for Enigma to arrive at the scene and set up his Midnight Pulse and prepare for Black Hole.
- Outworld Devourer will have a nice time stealing intelligence while enemies are being sucked to the void and, then, cast a deadly .
- hidden time will be enough to use a Blink Dagger has it been deactived while taking damage or if the cooldown is nearly refreshed. is useful to saving allies and the
- If is used in conjunction with a multi-hero black hole it results in devastating damage with a stun after the duration of the black hole.
- After a good , Enigma can initiate and Sand King can place itself with for a massive hit.
- can protect Enigma against burst attacks and allow him to recover from nukes as easy.
- Treant's can disable an entire team on a team fight, thus giving enough time for Enigma to set up successful Midnight Pulse and Black Hole.
- used in conjuction with Enigma's Black Hole and Midnight Pulse can deal devastating amounts of pure damage to the enemy team.
- makes escaping from Midnight Pulse damage a really difficult task.
- can help to land a Black Hole easier.
- While Enigma holds the enemy team in place, Witch Doctor can use his Death Ward to do a lot of damage, especially if upgraded by Aghanim's Scepter