Enigma is a ranged intelligence hero who uses his abilities to cripple his enemies, supported by a seemingly inexhaustible army of creeps. His fearsome abilities can bind entire teams under his might. Enigma is also a formidable jungler and pusher owing to his ability to create creeps.
The deliverance of his ultimate, Black Hole, engulfs an area around him with dark energies and disables enemies caught within it, making him an extremely powerful yet conditional initiator and disabler. His Midnight Pulse consumes sections of enemies' life in a region over time and his Malefice stuns targets. His trademark ability is Demonic Conversion, which splits a creep into three eidolons under his control. If they can land enough attacks on an enemy unit before their expiration, they multiply and are healed to full health.
- The first instance occurs upon cast, and then every 2 seconds.
- Can deal up to 120/180/240/300 ( 280/420/560/700) damage (before reductions).
- On each tick, Malefice first applies the damage, then the stun.
- Multiple instances of Malefice do not stack, but refresh the duration instead. It continues ticking with the tick rate of the first cast.
- Demonic Conversion kills the target unit, granting the gold and experience bounty, or resulting in a deny when cast on allied units.
- Attacking buildings or allied units does not count towards the number of attacks required to multiply, but attacking wards does.
- The attack is counted upon projectile launch, not upon hit, therefore, it does not matter whether the attack actually hits the target or not.
- Eidolons multiply upon their 7th attack projectile launch, regardless of whether the attack is a valid one (such as a building).
- When multiplying, the Eidolon's health is refreshed. Their duration is not refreshed.
- However, the splitting Eidolon's duration gets increased by 2 seconds.
- Eidolons can only multiply once. Eidolons which spawned through multiplication, cannot multiply.
- Midnight Pulse deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after cast, resulting in 9/10/11/12 ( 13/14/15/16) instances.
- Can deal up to 42.75%/55%/68.75%/84% ( 61.75%/77%/93.75%/112%) of the affected units' maximum health as damage (before reductions).
- Successive casts of Midnight Pulse work fully independently from each other.
- Destroys trees within 550 radius at the target location upon cast.
- Spirals affected units counterclockwise towards the center at a speed of 30, resulting in a maximum possible distance of 120.
- The closer the units are to the center, the stronger they get pulled to the center, with almost no pull, but only rotation at max distance.
- Can pull affected units over impassable terrain and through trees without destroying them.
- Units inside Black Hole can be pulled out by various spells. , , and cannot move units out of Black Hole.
- The pull and disable are provided by an aura, which lingers for 0.5 seconds, or until the channeling stops, whichever is shorter.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after cast, resulting in 4 instances.
- Can deal up to 400/600/800 ( + 19%/22%/25%/28% of maximum health) damage (before reductions).
does not actually cause to be cast when using Black Hole, it just adds its damage to Black Hole:
- The extra damage is equal to the current level of Midnight Pulse, so if not learned, Black Hole deals no extra damage.
- The extra damage is dealt in separate instances, in the same intervals as Black Hole's damage, resulting in 8 total instances together with Black Hole's regular damage.
- The extra damage is dealt across the whole radius of Black Hole and lasts for the duration of Black Hole.
- The extra damage stacks with any previously cast Midnight Pulse and deals pure damage.
- Unlike the Midnight Pulse skill, the upgrade's pulse damage hits ancient creeps.
- Also unlike Midnight Pulse, it does not destroy trees in the area upon cast.
- In Ability Draft, Midnight Pulse must be drafted as well for this upgrade to work.
- Provides 800 range ground vision at the targeted point for 4 seconds upon cast.
|+0.35sStun Duration||15||12% Cooldown Reduction|
- Rescaled damage per tick from 30/55/80/105 to 40/60/80/100.
- Level 10 left changed: +12% magic resistance -> +4s duration.
- Level 10 right changed: +150 attack range -> +135 health.
- Level 15 left: +0.25s stun duration per instance increased to +0.35.
- Level 25 left: +6 summoned reduced to +5.
- Level 15 left changed: +80 damage per instance -> +0.25s stun duration per instance.
- Level 10 left: +15% magic resistance reduced to +12%.
- Level 10 right: +200 attack range reduced to +150.
- Level 15 left: +100 damage per instance reduced to +80.
- Level 15 right: 15% cooldown reduction reduced to 12%.
- Level 20 left: +60 attack damage reduced to +50.
- Level 20 right: +500 health reduced to +400.
- Level 25 left: +7 summoned reduced to +6.
- Level 25 right: +5 instances reduced to +4.
- provides mana to produce Eidolons in the early game.
- provides some health regeneration to keep Enigma in jungle or hold the lane.
- grants mana to use Demonic Conversion in lane.
- a pair of those can easily turn into a Bracer or Soul Ring while also giving you survival on off-laning.
- helps in the jungle since it gains charges from neutral creeps casting their abilities, restoring health and mana to Enigma.
- is a great source of mana, allowing him to use his Demonic Conversion as often as possible. Enigma does not mind the health cost since he does not often go close to enemies as his abilities and Eidolons have good cast range and attack range.
- help you get into position to use Black Hole.
- can be kept for its movement speed bonus or can be worked towards any item recipe including it.
- as an alternative to Soul Ring can provide some extra mana regeneration and damage as well. Can be used as a step stone for Veil or Vladmir's.
- is a cost effective upgrade from Magic Stick.
- helps your positioning greatly and helps to pull off a good Black Hole. Might need to be rushed way early by pushing lanes with Eidolons.
- is highly recommended, as Enigma can farm very quickly in the early stages of the game, is relatively item independent, and has a large mana pool, all of which are traits of a strong Mekansm carrier. The added armor, health regen, and active heal can also aid Eidolons, and is very effective. The active can help greatly in teamfights or pushing a lane.
- is a small upgrade for Boots of Speed by providing extra mana and can be combined with Mekansm for Guardian Greaves. If you guaranteed a Soul Ring, alternatively, Arcane Boots can get disassembled for an Aether Lens later.
- spell immunity so the enemies cannot easily interrupt Black Hole. It applies a basic dispel on activation to shake off most simple debuffs like plain silence and prevent further disabler casts when heading out for the combo. grants
- allows a slot to be freed, provides a steady supply of health and mana regeneration to the team, and increases Enigma's survivability. Aside from healing and replenishing mana for the team, the Mend ability will apply a basic dispel that helps his team when they are disabled or silenced.
- gives Enigma high health and mana regeneration. The active allows Enigma to use Black Hole twice in one fight.
- greatly increases the effectiveness of Black Hole, as well as much needed attributes to remedy his health and mana pools. A well put BH combo can wipe half or the entire enemy team that way.
- can be an alternative to Mekansm when the healing cannot out-do massed area nukes in a push. Should be built to compliment area of effect healing provided by teammates.
- is an alternative to Black King Bar for when the enemy team has disables that ignore spell immunity, such as and or long ranged position juggling effects like . When paired with Guardian Greaves, you'd have a reliable dispel at your service and can maintain safe distance. Consider casting its Spell Block to the other initiator when they're leading.
- can be an alternative to Linken's Sphere to endure damage and position when paired with any sort of invisibility buff or spell immunity like BKB. Can be a safety net for unique aggro deflect skills like , or at late game.
- stacks with the cooldown reduction talent to reduce the cooldown of Black Hole, putting constant pressure on the enemies with the frequent threat of his dangerous ultimate ability. Spell lifesteal will provide survival at the presence of damage reflect or counter-attacks such as or .
- adding an extra area disabler, damages structures and grants a good amount of stat boost, making combo initiation easier.
- granting movement speed to shift through lanes and gank. Break passive penalty can easily be diminished by or .
- also gives Enigma some mana management bonuses with protection, and its active ability synergizes well with Black Hole.
- increasing the armor of eidolons but also reducing the armor of enemy structures and units in its reach. Granting more push power against towers.
- grants invisibility so Enigma can initiate with the element of surprise. It can be an alternative to Black King Bar or Blink Dagger when combined with Smoke of Deceit or have means of disabling the enemy carry hero.
- allow Enigma to initiate while suffering damage over time debuffs or very long ranged mini-stuns that can cancel out Blink Dagger.
- grants him additional cast range, allowing him to land his ultimate perhaps at much quicker speed without having to walk toward the team and also to keep him out of harm's way if he can position at higher ground.
- can be used for disabling the enemy carry or rushing Roshan faster with .
- is an alternative pick to deny very specific hard counters such as long ranged disables or debuffs else manipulation abilities that turn your own power back at you such as .
- rewards bonus gold and experience so Enigma can gain access to powerful items and talents sooner.
|Roles:||Disabler Jungler Initiator Pusher|
|Playstyle:||A mystery worthy of his name, Enigma could only be described as a being of the void, a beast between planes. He draws aspects of himself from other dimensions, performing Demonic Conversions to summon numerous Eidolons. The ground darkens under a Midnight Pulse, and foes are stunned by the unseen force of Malefice as they try to flee its entropic effects. One legend has it that Enigma is actually the first collapsed star. This theory grows more plausible as Enigma begins to channel a cosmic singularity, pulling all except himself into the superdense center of his Black Hole.|
- Many of Enigma's responses are references to Friedrich Nietzsche's works; the line, ▶️ "I stare also into you." references a passage in Beyond Good and Evil, where it is stated that "And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you".
- Enigma's rival line towards ▶️ "Even time may fail in the face of gravity.'" is a reference to the time dilating effect of gravity.
- Many of Enigma's responses are also references to concepts in cosmology (the Big Bang, gravity wells, redshifts, and black holes) or particle physics (path integrals, universal constants).
- In DotA, Enigma's hero name was "Darchrow", and Enigma was the title. In the transition to Dota 2, "Enigma" has been turned into the name, and the title was changed to "Consumer of Worlds".
- fundamental forces of the universe with Enigma representing the gravitational force. This is reflected in several of Enigma's responses to these heroes. ▶️ "The Fundamentals unite." , , , and together represent the four
- The term "eidolon" comes from ancient greek literature, where it refers to a human-like phantom, the shade of one who died.
Model before Version 7.00