Elder Titan is perhaps best known for his ability Astral Spirit, which sends forth an image of himself that damages enemies that it passes through, and upon returning to Elder Titan boosts his attack damage and movement speed, making him a fearsome melee fighter. Possessing a channeled sleep in Echo Stomp, Elder Titan is also capable of knocking out his foes for an extended period of time if they are caught within its radius; Astral Spirit also allows him to cast this ability and disable large groups of enemies from afar, making him one of the few initiators that does not require a Blink Dagger. This combination creates a perfect setup for his powerful ultimate Earth Splitter, which damages enemies based on their maximum HP and slows their movement speed. This, along with his ability to lower his enemies' physical and magical resistance with his Natural Order aura, makes Elder Titan scale well through his abilities and be effective at all stages of the game. As the progenitor of this world, Elder Titan reshapes the battlefield on a whim and can turn any teamfight in his favor.
- Applies a sleep on affected units, preventing them from acting, until woken up.
- If a unit is hit by both damage components of the stomp, it takes 140/200/260/320 ( 340/400/460/520) damage (before reductions).
- The stomp first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- When the
is summoned, it performs the stomp perfectly synchronized with Elder Titan.
- The sleep is applied in the radius around Elder Titan and the spirit. If the radii overlap, the duration does not stack up.
- If the spirit is not summoned or Astral Spirit is not learned, both magical and physical damage are centered around Elder Titan.
has this ability as well (with a different icon). Ordering the spirit to cast it forces Elder Titan to cast his part.
- When being cast on the spirit while Elder Titan is disabled, it goes on cooldown for the spirit and does nothing.
- However, Elder Titan can still use it afterwards and the spirit still mimics, despite its own being on cooldown.
- When Elder Titan casts Echo Stomp while the Astral Spirit is disabled (e.g. inside ), it still casts its part.
- Echo Stomp cannot be cancelled by ordering the spirit to stop. During the Echo Stomp animation, the spirit cannot act.
- Affected units cannot be woken up for the initial 0.2 seconds of the sleep.
- After the initial part, units wake up only after cumulatively taking 50/100/150/200 ( 650/700/750/800) damage.
- Starts counting damage during the initial stun part already. Counts damage after all reductions.
- This means if the unit took enough damage during the 0.2, it may instantly wake up on the next damage instance afterwards.
- Does not count 's damage, but does count .
- The spirit is controllable by Elder Titan until the end of its duration.
- Other players cannot select the spirit, so it cannot be used to prevent selecting other units behind it.
- The spirit cannot intercept any spell (e.g. , , ).
- The spirit's movement speed is set equal to Elder Titan's movement speed once upon cast and does not adapt to it afterwards.
- If is learnt, the aura's debuff is always applied before the Astral Spirit's damage, effectively increasing it.
- The Astral Spirit unites with Elder Titan when it comes within 100 range of him, meaning just walking through it returns it as well.
- Casting while the spirit returns forces the spirit to stop and cast his part. It continues returning once the cast finishes.
- Upon having returned, Elder Titan receives the , which grants damage, movement speed, and armor based on hit enemies.
- The Astral Spirit does not block neutral creep camps.
- This is how much attack damage, movement speed, and armor Astral Spirit grants after hitting a certain amount of heroes:
- 1 hero: 15/30/60/80 ( 45/60/90/110) damage, 1.5/3/4.5/6 armor, and 7% movement speed
- 2 heroes: 30/60/120/160 ( 90/120/180/220) damage, 3/6/9/12 armor, and 14% movement speed
- 3 heroes: 45/90/180/240 ( 135/180/270/330) damage, 4.5/9/13.5/18 armor, and 21% movement speed
- 4 heroes: 60/120/240/320 ( 180/240/360/440) damage, 6/12/18/24 armor, and 28% movement speed
- 5 heroes: 75/150/300/400 ( 225/300/450/550) damage, 7.5/15/22.5/30 armor, and 35% movement speed
- Replaces until the spirit unites with Elder Titan again, or until Elder Titan dies.
- Return Astral Spirit does not interrupt Elder Titan's channeling spells upon cast.
- The Astral Spirit possesses this ability as well.
- Elder Titan cannot cast this while disabled, however, the Astral Spirit can while Elder Titan is disabled.
- The Astral Spirit moves back with a speed of 800.
- Armor reduction is based on the affected units' base armor and armor granted by agility. Direct armor bonuses are ignored.
- Magic resistance reduction is based on the affected units' base magic resistance. Magic resistance bonuses are ignored.
- This means, for heroes with 25% base magic resistance, it reduces magic resistance by 10%/15%/20%/25%, down to 15%/10%/5%/0%.
- For , who has 10% base magic resistance, it reduces magic resistance by 4%/6%/8%/10%, down to 6%/4%/2%/0%.
- Adapts the armor reduction based on how the affected units' armor changes due to agility loss or gain in 0.5 second intervals.
- When the
is summoned, the magic resistance reduction is centered around it, while the armor reduction around Elder Titan.
- If the spirit is not summoned or Astral Spirit is not learned, both armor and magic resistance reduction are centered around Elder Titan.
- The aura's debuff lingers for 1 second.
- However, if Astral Spirit gets cast, enemies around Elder Titan who are not within range of the spirit's aura immediately lose the magic resistance reducing debuff.
- Deals 15%/20%/25% of the affected units' max health as magical damage first, and then 15%/20%/25% as physical damage.
- The crack extends at a speed of 910.
- Can hit units up to 2415 range away (crack distance + crack radius).
- Also affects units up to 315 range behind Elder Titan's cast position.
- The crack visually extends up to 2600 distance, but the actual effects stop at 2100.
- Earth Splitter first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- Affected units are instantly pulled towards the crack once it implodes.
- The pull interrupts channeling spells.
- Forces a stop command onto the target upon pull, so that its current move, attack and spell cast orders get canceled.
- Does not affect ancient creeps.
- When having
, the ability places the debuff, instead of the Earth Splitter debuff.
- This debuff disarms enemies, on top of slowing them.
- The default and the scepter debuff stack with each other.
|+100Damage||20||+70 Attack Speed|
|+30Hero Attack||15||+15% Magic Resistance|
|+200 Health||10||+20 Movement Speed|
- provides health regeneration to offset any harass damage you take.
- also restores large amount of health.
- supplies mana to use rather expensive abilities of Elder Titan.
- has passive health regeneration and actice mana restoration, a great starting item to survive and use abilities.
- blocks physical attacks of heroes and creeps, complementing Elder Titan's decent strength and armor, allowing him to survive the lane and take last hits.
- provides bonus movement speed to Elder Titan, allowing him to evade ganks by the enemy supports in the offlane early game, but also allows him to get in position for his spells more quickly. Also, it improves the mobility of Astral Spirit, which is based on Elder Titan's own movement speed.
- allows Elder Titan to benefit from burst health and mana. In emergency situations, a full-charge Magic Stick can allow Elder Titan to cast any of his non-ultimate spells one more time, and can allow him to cast his ultimate provided that he is not completely out of mana.
- gives small movement speed bonus to allow Astral Spirit to reach for more units; it can upgrade to Tranquil Boots and Eul's Scepter of Divinity later on.
- provides Elder Titan with attributes and a way to instantly replenish health and mana.
- provides sustain with health regeneration, as well as increased movement speed for Astral Spirit to go through more units.
- can greatly improve Elder Titan's ability to cast spells, allowing him to draw from his health pool for mana.
- provides bonus movement speed for Elder Titan and Astral Spirit, as well as mana and mana regeneration to sustain his ability usage. Additionally, Cyclone can set up Echo Stomp or Split Earth.
- provides good attributes to increase health and mana; the active root can set up Echo Stomp or Split Earth.
- provides armor and health regeneration to increase Elder Titan's tankiness, and mana regeneration to fuel his spell casting. Echo Shell can be cast on an ally to discourage the enemy from casting targeted spells on them, or on Elder Titan himself to increase his survivability when directly engaging the enemy in combat.
- is a strong physical survivability item that gives Elder Titan more intelligence for casting spells and an active slow that benefits his abilities. Slowing the enemy down can make it harder for them to escape, allowing Elder Titan to catch up and apply his Natural Order aura, or can be stacked on top of a successful Earth Splitter to keep the enemy bunched up.
- applies movement speed slow to Elder Titan's attacks, letting him keep up Natural Order when chasing enemies in the early game.
- provides mana regeneration and blocks some magical damage, a good survivability item to purchase early.
- are very useful if Elder Titan is being built to cast instead of brawl. It increases the size of his mana pool and allows him to replenish his and his teammates' mana, greatly increasing his utility and allowing him to always have the mana to cast his spells in fights.
- serves many useful benefits on Elder Titan if he is being built in a support-utility role. The item's components are easy to build, and it increases the size of his mana pool while also giving him some health regeneration and an active that helps with his positioning, which can be crucial for getting his spells off.
- grants bonuses to strength, intelligence, and regeneration, which all help sustaining Elder Titan. Furthermore, Echo Stomp's long sleep duration serves as a great setup for Meteor Hammer's channeling time, allowing him to stun and damage enemies caught in the area.
- grants invisibility and magic resistance so you or an ally can escape.
- returns more damage to the enemies if you apply Natural Order.
- gives Elder Titan useful attributes across the board as well as an aura that provides movement and attack speed. The aura, as well as its active component, give Elder Titan an edge in teamfights, especially when combined with the bonuses provided by Astral Spirit.
- is a strong durability item on Elder Titan, and has good buildup due to the cheap price of its components. It provides an armor aura that gives Elder Titan and his teammates more survivability against physical damage, and the damage bonus and lifesteal aura also provide strong bonuses in teamfights. The mana regeneration also helps to maintain Elder Titan's mana pool.
- grants damage block, armor, and additional health which beefs up Elder Titan. The active ability allows him to increase the survivability of his team against physical attacks.
- provides Elder Titan and teammates with protection against magical damage, also allowing him to stand in teamfights and make the most of Natural Order against the enemies.
- provides Elder Titan with additional armor, attributes, and mana regeneration, giving him survivability and helping to maintain his mana pool. The active can be targeted on allies to give them more resistance to physical damage, or can be targeted on enemies to further reduce their armor alongside Natural Order, making them weaker against allied attacks, as well as Elder Titan's attacks (especially when combined with Astral Spirit) and Earth Splitter.
- serves as a utility and survivability item that increases Elder Titan's offensive potential. The strength and evasion give Elder Titan increased survivability against physical attacks, while the strength and damage bonus increase the power of his own physical attacks, adding a Maim on top that can slow his foes down. The active ability, Disarm, can also be used against the enemy's main carry, preventing them from attacking for some time.
- restores health and mana in a radius; the health regenerating and armor aura gets stronger on wounded allies.
- shares strong synergy with Elder Titan's abilities, on top of the physical survivability it grants. The attack speed allows Elder Titan to leverage any bonus damage he gains from Astral Spirit, while the armor reduction aura stacks with that of Natural Order, causing Elder Titan's attacks to hit even harder.
- gives Elder Titan all-around attributes that aid in his survivability and ability to cast spells. It augments the power of Earth Splitter, allowing him to slow enemies for a longer duration and disarm them at the same time, preventing them from retaliating.
|Roles:||Initiator Disabler Nuker Durable|
|Playstyle:||Even the greatest of Titans err in their work. Trapped in his own flawed creation, the Worldsmith seeks forever to repair the fissured planes. His Natural Order reduces all to its base, disintegrating whatever defenses his foes layer themselves with. From a hidden plane, the Elder Titan summons his Astral Spirit, sending this ghostly form through bodies and past defenses. Once positioned, an Echo Stomp rings out from both Titan and spirit, knocking unconscious all in its wake. The battlefield cracks under the Titan's forge hammer, and a glimpse of creation is seen as the Earth Splitter rends the ground asunder. For what the Worldsmith makes, he can also unmake.|
- Elder Titan was known as the Tauren Chieftain in DotA. The name change was likely done to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard Entertainment, since the Tauren is an existing race in the Warcraft universe.
- Elder Titan is voiced by Jim French, a prominent voice actor and radio personality; he is best known for voice-acting Bill in the Left 4 Dead series and Father Grigori in Half Life 2, two titles also made by Valve.
- In the splash artwork, a faint image of what looks to be can be seen.
- The delay time on Earth Splitter is 3.14 seconds, which is most likely a reference to pi. Pi is the ratio between a circle's circumference and its diameter, making it a fundamental constant in geometry and other more complex areas of mathematics.
- In DotA, is named Ancestral Spirit. It was changed to Astral Spirit in Dota 2 for thematic reasons.