|A deceptively swift blade imbued with resonant magic.|
Item stats template currently out of order, update coming soon.
- This ability works exclusively for melee heroes.
- Upon proccing, grants the user 490 attack speed until the next attack.
- This means it does not provide guaranteed full attack speed and can be countered by strong attack speed slows.
- The attack speed buff has no set duration. It lasts until the user makes a second attack, no matter how long they wait.
- The attack speed is granted as soon as the attack point of the first is reached and last until the attack point of the second attack is reached.
- Since it is a simple attack speed bonus, it is possible to cancel the second attack and "store" the attack speed for later.
- The second attack is not an instant attack. It uses regular attack animation times and attack cooldowns.
- The movement speed slow is applied on the proccing attack and on the attack after the proccing attack.
- This means it is possible to slow two enemies with one proc, by switching attack targets after the proccing attack.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then their own damage.
- Echo Strike triggers on instant attacks as well, applying the slow. The attack speed is wasted, though, since they are instant attacks.
- The slow of multiple instances does not stack, but refreshes the duration instead.
- Provides Chaos Knight with good overall stats and some extra mana regeneration.
- Additionally, the slow from critical strike from . synergizes well with and the potential
- The slow also means that Chaos Knight can possibly chase down a hero without needing to use the mana intensive .
- Combined with the extra attacks from , Echo Sabre can quickly bring down an opponent during a .
- Fast strikes with does burst damage, and also provides Lifestealer with a means of quick health recovery.
- A good item for semi-carry Magnus, as he has large physical damage potential with his talents.
- Typically, this build forgoes the usual and thus Echo Sabre fills the necessity for some mana regeneration.
- Allows Monkey King to quickly build up stacks.
- During his ultimate, clones will apply the slow on every hit.
- Echo Sabre allows 's backstab damage to hit twice before targets have time to turn around.
- Echo Sabre allows Slark to gank with ease, locking down targets and quickly gaining a double stat conversion through .
- Furthermore, the slow from the double attack facilitates a successful leash.
- Echo Sabre gives Spirit Breaker a better chance of triggering , and boosts his slow attack speed.
- A well farmed Sven can deal massive damage with a crit item and , sometimes killing enemies in one hit. Echo Sabre makes that even more likely. Even without a crit item, a double attack from Sven with God's Strength active deals crippling damage to enemies.
- Tiny can use Echo Sabre to hit twice while an enemy is ed, increasing his burst damage especially with . It also solves his mana issues, as well as improving his ability to push with equipped.
- Echo Sabre gives Wraith King a better chance of landing a crit with , and boosts his slow attack speed.
- Echo Sabre allows
to burst down enemies by quickly building up his stacks.
- However, the instant extra attack somewhat wastes 's increased attack speed.
- Melee heroes with passive disables work well with Echo Sabre, giving them a greater chance to lock down enemies by compounding the effects.
- with his .
- with his .
- with his (still goes on cooldown after a successful proc).
- 's with its (still goes on cooldown after a successful proc).
- with his bash from .
- Melee heroes with passive crit abilities generally work well with Echo Sabre, giving them a greater chance to proc crits.
- with his .
- with his .
- with his .
- When Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Chakra Magic".'s cooldown reduction to hit twice in succession, dealing massive amounts of cleave damage. is played together with , Echo Sabre can be a very powerful item in the later stages of the game, as it allows combined with
- The best items in combination to increase your damage are those who grant critical hit and armor reduction. A
is also good to get a chance to bash from the two quick attacks.
- You can combine the echo sabre with a and 's active to instantly restore your HP.
- Echo Sabre's ability is effectively a passive 1-hit-only . This makes it a great item on heroes whose passive abilities rely on attack speed to be effective, similar to how Ursa's relies on the attack speed of Overpower.
- The attack speed from the passive proc lasts until a second attack is done. This makes it possible to "store" the massive attack speed bonus for a planned strike on an enemy. One just has to attack a creep to proc the passive ability and immediately cancel the second attack. The stored attack speed can come very handy when ganking enemies which have strong attack speed slows like with her or 's .
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Echo Sabre's passive ability, Echo Strike, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.