From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Battery Assault interrupts Earthshaker's long cast animations, preventing him from using any abilities apart from Echo Slam.
- Power Cogs often separate the battlefield so that both enemies and allies are unlikely to cluster.
- Rocket Flare allows Clockwerk to scout Earthshaker before a fight starts and potentially cancel his Blink Dagger.
- Hookshot enables Clockwerk to catch Earthshaker before he gets a chance to initiate a fight.
- Thunder Strike can be used to cancel Earthshaker's Blink Dagger.
- Static Storm if used on a fight can prevent Earthshaker from executing his combo after blinking in.
- Geomagnetic Grip can be used to silence Earthshaker after he blinks in, preventing him from executing his combo.
- Magnetize does damage over time and thus disables Earthshaker's Blink Dagger for a long time.
- Rage prevents Earthshaker from damaging and stunning Lifestealer.
- Feast is very effective against Earthshaker, because of him being a strength hero, allowing Lifestealer to heavily harass and kill him.
- Open Wounds prevents Earthshaker from escaping after he initiated.
- Infest gives Lifestealer an easy way to escape should he get caught out by Earthshaker.
- Arcane Bolt allows Skywrath Mage to harass Earthshaker out of lane.
- Ancient Seal is an instant silence that can be pre-cast onto Earthshaker to disrupt his combo, before he uses Blink Dagger to initiate.
- Mystic Flare will nuke Earthshaker down while he stands in place during his long cast animations.
- Shrapnel can be used to disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger from long range.
- Take Aim allows Sniper to harass Earthshaker in lane, and stay out of Echo Slam initiation radius.
- Haunt will usually disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger prior to a teamfight, preventing him from initiating.
- Heroes with invisibility and high mobility can jump on and focus down Earthshaker before he has a chance to initiate: Clinkz, Slark, Storm Spirit
- Invoker's EMP can instantly can put Earthshaker out of commission due to his low natural mana.
- Warlock often stays back and counter-initiates by dropping his Chaotic Offering on Earthshaker and his allies.
- Venomancer's Plague Wards and Poison Nova will prevent Earthshaker from initiating or re-initiating.
- Tinker's March of the Machines will disable Blink Dagger over a large area.
- Silencer's Global Silence makes Earthshaker temporarily useless.
- Careful not to blink into Riki's Smoke Screen or Disruptor's Static Storm, as these field effects will instantly silence Earthshaker and prevent him from initiating.
- Pipe of Insight and Black King Bar significantly reduce Earthshaker's damage output.
- Radiance prevents Earthshaker from using Blink Dagger.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases phenomenally due to Broodmother's hordes of spiderlings and spiderites.
- Long ranged Fissures can hit Broodmother if she runs into the treeline at the edges of the map.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to Chaos Knight's Phantasm illusions.
- Fissure does a great job at interrupting Black Hole immediately, especially with Blink Dagger and Aether Lens.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to the eidolons created by Demonic Conversion.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to Meepo's clones.
- Eathshaker's AoE stuns can interrupt Meepo's Poof cast animation
- Mirror Image's illusions increase Echo Slam's damage.
- Treants increase Echo Slam's damage.
- Earthshaker's AoE stuns can hit Nature's Prophet through Sprout, without having direct line of sight, in order to interrupt Teleportation.
- Phantom Lancer's many illusions increase Echo Slam's damage.
- Heroes with channeled abilities can be interrupted by a long-range Fissure: Crystal Maiden, Witch Doctor
- Earthshaker's many stuns can lock down slippery heroes like Slark in his Shadow Dance, as well as knocking Sand King out of his Sand Storm.
Works well with...Dark Seer
- Vacuum sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- A group of stunned enemies are ripe targets for Dark Seer's Wall of Replica.
- Combining Vacuum and Fissure can position and re-position the enemy team to set up for strong AoE abilities.
- Black Hole sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Earthshaker's initiation can give ample time and space for Enigma to line up a good Black Hole.
- Reverse Polarity sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Song of the Siren sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Dream Coil sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Burrowstrike sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam
- Sand King can travel underneath Fissure with Burrowstrike.
- Caustic Finale pairs well with Enchant Totem for mana-effective lanepushing.