Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- strong dispel, meaning it can save allies from Earth Spirit's stun, slow, silence, and Magnetize. is a
- makes it nearly impossible for Earth Spirit to kill Abaddon.
- allows Lycan to chase down Earth Spirit.
- root prevents Earth Spirit from using Rolling Boulder to escape. 's
- Heroes who can dodge Earth Spirit's abilities: , ,
- blocks all of Earth Spirit's abilities.
- greatly reduces magical damage in a big area, making it hard for Earth Spirit to deal significant damage.
- Items that can dispel debuffs: , , ,
- Earth Spirit can easily disrupt because he can disable from a long distance with a Stone Remnant and Rolling Boulder. With talent he can even pull his teammates out of Dismember and also silencing Pudge with Geomagnetic Grip.
- Tinker is an easy target for Earth Spirit to initiate on. He likes to split push lanes once he acquieres and Earth Spirit can jump him with his Rolling Boulder and disable him to buy enough time for his teammates to come and assist Earth Spirit.
- The huge range of Stone Remnant and Rolling Boulder enables Earth Spirit to stop Tinker from teleporting to his fountain since Tinker tends to buy most of the time to escape.
- Earth Spirit is a dangerous foe to encounter for Invoker in the early stages of the game. Since Invoker needs to gain levels as fast as possible and is not very strong in the early game, Earth Spirit can use his incredible early game power to gank Invoker and ruin his game plan.
- Earth Spirit combines stuns and silences with his spells and can apply them from a great distance. This is bad for Invoker as he is dependent on a smart usage of his spells with and Earth Spirit can disrupt his combos easily.
- Templar Assassin is dependant on in teamfights. Because Magnetize deals damage per second and Earth Spirit is even able to refresh the duration of his ultimate he is suitable for wasting Refraction and allowing his team to take her down.
- channeling ability and Earth Spirit has at least two possibilities which can interrupt these kind of spells. Enigma is exposed and cannot move while using Black Hole, thus making it easy for Earth Spirit to stop the feared ability with the huge range of Rolling Boulder and forcing Enigma to quickly rush a to prevent this. is a
- Enigma is level dependant, squishy and relativly defenseless in the early game and therefore vulnerable to aggressive roam maneuvers in this stage of the game. Earth Spirit excels at ganking, shutting down a jungling or otherwise solo farming Enigma.
- In general heroes which are reliant on their spell usage especially team compositions with more than one hero of that sort since most of Earth Spirits crowd-controlling spells have an area effect.
- Squishy heroes ( , , ...), as Earth Spirit can deal tons of damage with Magnetize.
- Positioning-reliant heroes ( , , ...), since Earth Spirit can disrupt positioning with his Boulder Smash.
Works well with...
- Alchemist can farm an for Earth Spirit with ease. This is especially good for him, since Earth Spirit is most likely played as a support and has not the best farming capabilities, making it hard for him to reach such an expensive item. But the Aghanim's Scepter is very strong on him and grants him his Enchant Remnant ability which is very useful to have.
- Like for other melee heroes, Earth Spirit can solve the positioning problems of Alchemist with using Boulder Smash to bring him in range for his .
- combos with Boulder Smash to deal heavy damage enemies.
- is perfect setup for all Earth Spirit abilities as it often forces the enemies to stand still.
- pulls enemies together and slows them down, setting up for Earth Spirit's numerous area abilities, especially Magnetize which deals heavy damage.
- and enables Earth Spirit in ganks with added damage and movement speed.
- Earth Spirit and Faceless Void both have the ability to disable multiple enemies at once. Therefore they complement each other, as Earth Spirit can prepare a group of enemy heroes for Faceless Void to land a devastating , or vice versa, Earth Spirit can aim his abilities at enemies trapped inside Chronosphere.
- With good positioning Earth Spirit can move enemy heroes, which Faceless Void missed with his Chronosphere, inside it while it is still active.
- Lifestealer can use to hide inside Earth Spirit. Because of Earth Spirits high mobility thanks to Rolling Boulder this is a deadly combo duo for pickoffs.
- Earth Spirit can "kick" Lifestealer towards a fleeing enemy if needed to close the distance, since Lifestealer only has to do it by himself and the spell has a short cast range.
- Earth Spirit can kick enemies into mine fields of Techies with his Boulder Smash.
- In general lineups which work well with Earth Spirit's roaming nature in the early game, also later on, and are able to assist him in taking down foes quickly thanks to their high damage: , ,
- Teamfight interested heroes with strong area abilities to complement Earth Spirit: , ,