Dust of Appearance
From Dota 2 Wiki
| Dust of Appearance|
|One may hide visage, but never volume.|
- Stacks with itself in the inventory.
- Dust of Appearance is completely shareable.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon using.
- Places a debuff on enemies (including visible ones) within the radius upon cast. Leaving or entering the area afterwards has no effect.
- Unlike the visual effect, the Reveal debuff is applied within the entire radius instantly upon cast.
- Multiple debuffs do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Can place the debuff on units in the Fog of War and invulnerable units, but not on hidden units or on wards.
- Cannot detect units under the effect of Shadow Dance and Smoke of Deceit (although the debuff is still placed on them).
Dust of Appearance is usually purchased by gankers and heroes who can pick off enemies on their own, being very useful to counter invisibility heroes and Shadow Blade.
- The debuff can be easily dispelled by some heroes, such as Weaver.
- Items like Black King Bar, Lotus Orb, Eul's Scepter of Divinity and Manta Style can also remove the debuff, so plan accordingly and consider other detection items, like Sentry Wards or a Gem of True Sight.
- Prior to the July 14, 2017 Patch, Dust of Appearance's active ability, Reveal, did not have an official name. The name was taken from the Dota 2 Wiki and officially implemented into Dota 2.