From Dota 2 Wiki
|agility stats in the game, her powerful shots will tear through most enemies from a safe distance. Her increases the damage of her ranged allies, and a timely can silence groups of enemies at pivotal moments. Drow Ranger is fairly fragile with no real escape ability, causing her to struggle against faster and more aggressive melee heroes.is a deadly archer, chilling and killing her enemies with volleys of . With one of the highest|
|Generic Drow Ranger|
- An early point in Precision aura allows Drow Ranger's team to have more attack damage at the start, but further points in the Aura scale poorly before she has a larger pool of Agility.
- Drow Ranger has a very low move speed and is extremely vulnerable to aggression in the early game, but the powerful slow from Frost Arrows is effective at keeping most enemies at a distance.
|Free Farming Drow Ranger|
- If properly protected by supports, Drow Ranger can sacrifice the control of her Frost arrows in order to maximize her damage potential, providing a large power spike at level six to every ranged hero on her team.
- With two points in Frost arrows, she can easily farm Jungle camps from a distance, using the slow to keep out of range of most jungle creeps.
|50% Cooldown Reduction||25||+20%Damage|
|+550Distance/Knockback||15||+25 Attack Speed|
|+5 All Stats||10||+20 Movement Speed|
- The all stats talent effectively grants Drow Ranger 90 health, 2.75% health regen amplification, 0.4% magic resistance, 1 armor, 6.25 attack speed, 0.31% movement speed, 60 mana, 9% mana regen amplification, 0.35% spell damage and 5 attack damage.
- The cooldown reduction talent stacks multiplicatively with Arcane Rune. and additively with
Tips & Tactics
- Drow Ranger is usually played in the safe lane, with a support.
- Drow Ranger is easily ganked. Make sure not to overextend if your support is not nearby.
- Drow Ranger is all about positioning, since her Marksmanship bonus is disabled if an enemy closes to within 400 range.
- Stay behind your teammates and use them as a buffer. Reposition throughout fights to keep your tankier teammates between you and the enemy.
- Approach fights from the edges, and rely on the slow from Frost Arrows instead of physical proximity to keep enemies in range.
- Any item that helps Drow Ranger keep her distance is good, such as , , and .
- Like other ranged heroes, stutter stepping is useful for Drow Ranger, but not as important due to the slow from Frost Arrows.
- Because of her passive abilities, Drow Ranger is slightly less dependent on items than other carries, but can still be shut down in the early game. Be careful not to take any needless risks.
- Drow Ranger deals high damage to buildings, and should always capitalize on any opportunity to take down a tower.
- Due to her slow attack animation, Drow Ranger should not do anything except farm until at least level six, when her first point in Marksmanship will make her attack much faster.
- If you are having trouble timing last hits, try moving closer to the creep wave.
- Animation cancelling with the Stop hotkey (
Sby default) can also help with timing.
- Building a Sange and Yasha and getting the +14 Strength Talent will solve Drow's poor health pool as Drow can now be both a hero with formidable health and one that can cause high damage.
- Manually casting Frost Arrows (known as orbwalking) prevents Drow Ranger from drawing creep/tower aggro. Use this tactic to harass, kite and escape enemies when caught out.
- Manual casts still count as attacks for and , applying the effects of attacking from invisibility.
- Use Frost Arrows sparingly during the early game, as they can drain Drow Ranger's mana fairly quickly.
- Frost Arrows are good for harassing enemies in lane, allowing Drow Ranger to land several hits while the target slowly retreats.
- Because of the slow, Drow Ranger does not need to constantly try and catch up to her target, meaning that she should always be kept at least 400 range away to ensure Marksmanship's bonus damage is active.
- At higher levels, Drow Ranger can simultaneously kite and attack enemies with Frost Arrows.
- Frost Arrows can be used to slow and prevent an enemy from chasing down an ally.
- Always toggle autocast on Frost Arrows when you anticipate an incoming fight.
- Combined with almost any other source of slow, Frost Arrows will reduce enemies to a crawl.
- 4 levels of Frost Arrows applying 64% slow will reduce 277.77 move speed to the minimum speed of 100, meaning the addition of other slows only gradually becomes more useful for enemy hero move speeds above this.
- Frost Arrows' slow fully stacks with spell immunity. , allowing her to slow very fast heroes like . It also allows Drow Ranger to slow enemies without using mana, and through
- Frost Arrows can be used to kite and farm jungle creeps, although this can be mana intensive.
- When chasing multiple enemies with your team, hitting each target once, or cycling through targets, may prevent any of them from getting away.
, Frost Arrows essentially becomes an area-of-effect slow.
- Keep in mind that each splinter shot will cost additional mana, and this can deplete Drow Ranger's mana pool surprisingly fast.
- Gust is Drow Ranger's only means of defense, and should not be used lightly.
- Use Gust defensively to push enemies who get too close, keeping them beyond the 400 Marksmanship bonus range.
- Use Gust offensively to interrupt enemies who try to react to your attacks with a disable or an escape ability.
- With , Drow Ranger can use Gust to initiate on and gank single targets.
- If an enemy is already hit by a long disable (such as cyclone or ), Drow Ranger can move to the opposite side of her target, and push them backwards with Gust right after the first disable ends.
- In a teamfight, try to catch as many enemies with Gust as possible, preferably as a follow up to your team's initiator. This will shut down the enemy for several seconds, during which Drow Ranger can pick off one or two targets.
- Use Gust on an enemy team in the Roshan Pit to push them further inside, and render them unable to respond.
- With good timing, it is possible to push enemies onto different elevations like cliffs.
- With a , Drow Ranger can gank by taking a shot to break the invisibility, then immediately using Gust.
- If you are having trouble landing last hits, an early point or two in Precision Aura will help.
- Don't forget to use Precision Aura's active ability. It is very useful for pushing down towers.
- Since the active applies an aura and not a buff, it works even for ranged creeps/summons that spawn after you use it.
- Try to use the active when creep waves have catapults.
- The active lasts a considerable 30 seconds, but has a long 120 second cooldown. In the late game, reserve it for sieging barracks, or when going for an all-out attack on the enemy ancient.
- Although Precision Aura greatly benefits other ranged heroes, it is usually unwise to have two fragile ranged carries on the same team. Consider this during the picking phase.
- The huge agility boost from any point in Marksmanship will noticeably improve Drow Ranger's attack speed and damage.
- Even a single point in Marksmanship will make Drow Ranger quite proficient at taking down tier one towers.
- Because of this, levels 6, 12 and 18 are especially important milestones for Drow Ranger.
- Stacked creep camps and can be used to reach these critical levels before a showdown.
- Marksmanship's bonus damage is indicated by a noticeable particle effect around Drow Ranger's body. This effect disappears when enemies are within 400 range.
- Keep an eye on Drow Ranger to know when an enemy is too close.
- The effect will also disappear if an invisible enemy is within 400 range, meaning that it can be used as an approximate means of detection.
- Enemies like or can instantly close the gap with Drow Ranger, thus completely negating Marksmanship's bonus damage.
, additional interactions occur:
- Break) only work on the primary target, not targets hit by the splinters. 's and 's modifiers (bonus damage / damage reduction and
and have 3 opportunities to proc for each of Drow Ranger's attacks (assuming two additional targets are in search range), thus giving the following proc chances:
- 57.8% chance of at least one proc
- 42.2% chance of 1 proc
- 14.1% chance of 2 procs
- 1.56% chance of 3 procs
- will reflect damage done by splinters. Attacking into a group of several heroes with Blade Mail active can quickly be lethal, unless is used to restore health through lifesteal.
- gives Drow Ranger a massive boost of health regeneration in one go.
- provides Drow Ranger health regeneration in the early game.
- provides a cheap a boost to Drow Ranger's attributes, and builds into .
- give Drow Ranger a speed boost which can be helpful for getting around.
- can be a good idea to pick up if the enemy is using a lot of spells, as the burst heal can help her survive or win early fights.
- provides Drow Ranger with bonus attributes which can be helpful in the early game. It can be sold in the late game.
- provide Drow Ranger with attack speed and additional attributes.
- provides useful stats for a highly cost effective price, and the increased range allows Drow Ranger to easily achieve good positioning. It also allows her to out-range towers and destroy them without much risk. Upgrades later into .
- provides mobility and stealth for Drow Ranger, allowing her to approach an ideal position for team-fights. It also provides some useful attack speed and damage.
- is a good source of lifesteal, and is useful for farming. It also provides a nice boost to Drow Ranger's attack and movement speed, but it comes at the cost of being unable to use her Frost Arrows.
- provides ever-useful agility for Drow Ranger. It is usually picked up to help Drow Ranger defend against efficient backline attackers.
- is important if Drow Ranger is facing a team with many disables, giving her enough time to deal at least some damage.
- break. It can be disassembled to build another item with the . builds naturally from , providing valuable stats and
- allows Drow Ranger to ambush an enemy hero with Gust, then quickly burn away their mana during the silence period.
- attack modifier items, it can allow Drow to heavily damage a grouped up enemy team. causes Drow Ranger's attacks to splinter, hitting two random units near the primary target. Alone, it can be a weak upgrade, but combined with several
- is typically picked up if planning to build Aghanim's, as it speeds up her early farming ability, and the secondary splinter shots will be able to proc Chain Lightning.
- provides Drow Ranger with a huge amount of lifesteal for a short period of time, allowing Drow Ranger to stand her ground and regain practically all of her health with just a few shots.
- dispel debuffs and create illusions of herself. Because her illusions benefit from Marksmanship, Manta Style provides Drow Ranger with a large damage increase, especially when sieging buildings. provides Drow Ranger with mobility, stats, and the ability to
- gives a decent stats boost, and stacks with Frost Arrows, making it possible to reduce most enemy heroes to minimum movespeed.
- evasion heroes. However, it has no defensive bonuses, and makes Drow Ranger into even more of a glass cannon. provides an excellent damage boost, as well as a counter against
- provides Drow Ranger with a critical strike chance, which synergizes well with the attack speed and damage she gets from her abilities, maximizing her damage output.