Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- could be used to close the distance within Drow Ranger, hindering her ultimate ability, .
- Faceless Void could lock Drow Ranger down with and kill her in seconds before Drow Ranger has the chance to retaliate due to her low health pool.
- applies a blind debuff, making Drow Ranger miss her high damage attacks.
- lets Tinker out-range Drow Ranger and hit her in the backline of a teamfight.
- and keep Drow Ranger down and preventing her from running away.
- also lets Tusk get to Drow Ranger and stop her Marksmanship bonus.
- slows her down.
- slows Drow Ranger and deals a huge amount of damage to her.
- forces Drow Ranger to attack Axe up close, disabling her Marksmanship bonus.
- occur more often with Drow Ranger's high attack speed.
- is a dangerous ability against a low health hero like Drow Ranger.
- brings Clockwerk right to Drow Ranger, disabling her Marksmanship bonus.
- and keep Drow Ranger from escaping.
- Power Cogs and Battery Assault also keep Drow Ranger close, nullifying Marksmanship.
- closes the distance between Huskar and Drow Ranger, dealing large amounts of damage and disabling Marksmanship.
- and allow Huskar to beat Drow Ranger directly and pile on damage.
- allows Lycan to get close and disable Marksmanship.
- Shapeshift also makes him immune to slows like Drow Ranger's Ice Arrows.
- gets Riki close to Drow Ranger and disable Marksmanship.
- makes Drow Ranger miss her attacks.
- lets Riki stay close to Drow Ranger without her noticing, disabling Marksmanship.
- lets Phantom Lancer get close quickly and disable Marksmanship.
- 's illusions are hard for Drow Ranger to deal with as she has no AOE damage naturally.
- brings Drow Ranger to Pudge, disabling Marksmanship and dealing a huge amount of damage.
- keeps Pudge close to Drow Ranger, continuously disabling Marksmanship.
- will cancel Drow Ranger's Marksmanship, along with he can keep her locked for enough time to be killed.
- 's illusions are hard for Drow Ranger to deal with as she lacks AOE damage.
- Nyx Assassin has a lot of burst damage from his , and the bonus damage from . and all of this damage is quite enough to kill Drow Ranger.
- Nyx Assassin is usually invisible most of the time thanks to his ability , which helps him to gank Drow Ranger easily.
- In team fights, renders Drow Ranger's physical damage useless.
- Generally, heroes that can close the gap on Drow Ranger to cancel her Marksmanship such as , , , or are effective at limiting her power and bursting her down.
- can not only cancel Marksmanship Aura, his Atrophy Aura also decreases Drow Ranger's attack damage.
- 's Anchor Smash decreases Drow Ranger's attack damage.
- allows for heroes to close the gap on Drow Ranger and cancel her Marksmanship.
- punishes Drow Ranger's high attack damage and attack speed by returning her damage.
- prevents silence from Gust.
- dispels the silence from Gust.
- dispels the silence from Gust.
- 's large cast range makes gap-closing a lot easier.
- Ember Spirit greatly relies on his spells to engage in battle, Drow Ranger can simply silence him and make him useless for a few seconds, enough to catch him and bring him down, which Ember Spirit cannot afford during a teamfight.
- Drow Ranger can use Gust to push back Juggernaut before he can get in range to Omnislash or use .
- None of Anti-Mage's skills does a lot against Drow Ranger: Gust prevents him from ing in or out, is totally useless, and as she usually doesn't have a high mana pool, thus and don't do much either.
- If Anti-Mage is going for
and , Drow Ranger needs to rely on Heroes who deal tons of Heavy DPS (like herself).
- Be careful however that Anti-Mage may eventually be farmed enough to Blink on top of you and kill you straight away, considering you have no natural tools to escape from him.
- A well-timed Gust will prevent Weaver from escaping. A silenced Weaver usually dies very quickly.
- Mirana can't rely on leap for escape or initiation. With silence Mirana is easily killed by Drow Ranger, because Drow has a lot of damage. When Mirana jumps to Drow, she can throw her back with silence.
- At equal levels of farm, Drow Ranger should do well against similar ranged, fairly immobile carries, such as or since the bonus proc damage from Marksmanship should allow her to come out on top of any engagement between them.
- If you get a good silence off on supports, that should spell death for them, coupled with your powerful slow.
- This is only true before they've farmed any defensive item such as or .
- Armed with an summons and illusions.
and a or the upgraded , Drow Ranger becomes quite potent against
- This is especially true against 's .
- Heroes with low health and low armor:
Works well with...
do massive damage when Precision Aura is activated, since they attack very fast.
- Get an and his +1 Familiar talent at level 25 for full effect.
- Visage himself is a decent physical attacker with the attack speed buff from .
- Her and good attack animation in lane benefits greatly from Precision Aura.
- and are excellent for when you siege highground early in the game.
- Assuming Drow Ranger and Windranger are both cores/carries, a beefy third core is recommended or your lineup will be very squishy!
- Amassing many auras can supercharge your hero lineup. is one such aura.
- Has to save Drow Ranger , keeping her Precision Aura intact for the team.
- Maxing gives -6 armor on foes, supercharging your attacks even more. Especially good when doing Roshan.
- Can deal massive damage in late game with Precision Aura and since Weaver is sneaky he can harrass in early game without taking hits
- synergizes well with Precision Aura.
- helps Drow Ranger dish out her Marksmanship damage in teamfights.
- eidolons gain the bonus from Precision Aura's active component, making them do much more damage and allowing Enigma to farm even faster than normal.
- gives Drow Ranger ample time to reposition herself if enemies jump her during a fight. It can also be followed up by Gust to further lock down any enemies that survive the Black Hole.
- can be used offensively, to lock down a target, so that Drow Ranger dishes out her Marksmanship damage upon it.
- can also be used defensively, in order to prevent an enemy from getting too close to Drow Ranger, and thus disabling her Marksmanship. Even if the enemy has spell immunity granted by , Clockwerk can disable it with for long enough to allow Drow Ranger to draw distance and recover the Marksmanship bonus agility.
- provides flying vision, which can help him, Drow Ranger , and their teammates to chase enemies.
- 's aura synergizes well with raw attack damage auras like Precision Aura.
- All ranged heroes generally benefit from Precision Aura.
- Melee heroes that can provide enough crowd control, so that enemy heroes don't get too close to Drow Ranger, and thus, disabling the bonus granted by Marksmanship, and in turn, reducing the damage granted to Drow Ranger and her ranged allies by Precision Aura.