Traxex, the Drow Ranger, is a ranged agility hero whose greatest assets are her incredible damage and ability to keep threats at bay. Traxex is a carry who, though lacking survivability, provides a worthwhile contribution through her damage alone. The Drow Ranger can be extremely powerful at any point in the game.
As an agility hero, Traxex's damage is based largely on her basic attacks and is among the greatest largely due to the massive amounts of agility she gains from her passive ultimate, Marksmanship. The Drow Ranger also adds ranged damage to teammates with her global Precision Aura. Despite her lack of escape spells, Drow Ranger can keep herself relatively safe from enemy spellcasters and melee heroes using her Gust and her Frost Arrows, respectively. Frost Arrows infuses her attacks with ice, greatly slowing down her enemies. Since it can be manually cast, Frost Arrows can be used to harass her foes in the early game without drawing the creeps' attention. Gust is a great counter to enemy spellcasters as well as melee heroes as Gust pushes heroes away from Drow and prevents them from casting spells, who might threaten her life in battles. Position is of utmost importance as Traxex is quite vulnerable in close combat and the agility bonus from Marksmanship is removed when enemies come near her. This means she struggles against melee heroes with high mobility.
- The slow from successive casts does not stack, only the duration gets refreshed.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then their own damage.
- Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
- The knockback distance is based on the distance between Drow Ranger and the hit enemy. The closer they are, the further they get knocked back.
- The knockback is strongest when the distance between Drow Ranger and the enemy is 1 range, pushing the enemy 350 ( 900) range away.
- Each additional range of distance between them affects the knockback's distance, reducing it by 0.39 ( 0.62).
- However, the knockback values are truncated, so that the knockback distance decreases by 1 for every 2–3 ( 1–2) range between Drow and the enemy.
- Due to this, the minimum knockback distance is 1 range.
- When standing at the exact same location as Drow Ranger, no knockback occurs, since the formula than multiplies by 0, which results in 0 knockback.
- Since the knockback distances are the same on each level, and the knockback duration increases per level, the knockback speed gets lower on each level.
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Any tree a knocked back unit collides with gets destroyed.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack and use items. Channeling items are not interrupted.
- Does not affect .
- Interrupts Drow Ranger's channeling spells upon cast.
- Checks Drow Ranger's agility periodically and adapts the bonus damage instantly.
- Activating Precision Aura does not place a buff on lane creeps and summons, it instead makes the aura affect them as well.
- This means that creeps summoned or spawned after the activation still get the bonus for the remaining duration.
- Active aura persist through Drow Ranger's death, however, it does not provide the bonus during her death.
- This means when reincarnating with buying back, the aura is bestowed for its remaining duration. , or
- The buff lingers for 0.5 seconds. This goes for both, the passive aura for heroes and the active aura for creeps.
- Treats creep-heroes as creeps, so they are only affected when activating the aura.
- An icy particle effect is visible on Drow Ranger while Marksmanship is active.
- Checks for nearby enemy heroes (including invulnerable or hidden ones) in 0.1 second intervals and adapts the bonus accordingly.
- Effectively grants 8/12/16 ( 12/16/20) armor, 2.5%/3.75%/5% ( 3.75%/5%/6.25%) move speed, 50/75/100 ( 75/100/125) attack speed and 40/60/80 ( 60/80/100) attack damage.
- This is how much extra damage agility bonus: [ ] grants in conjunction with Marksmanship's
- The instant attacks on 2 random enemies around the primary target.
upgrade requires Marksmanship to be learned and causes Drow Ranger to perform
- This means the splinters are regular attacks, using Drow Ranger's 1250 projectile speed and being disjointable.
- It also means that they can proc any attack modifier or any on-hit effect like a regular attack.
- The splinters are only released if the primary attack successfully hits a target. This means missed or disjointed attacks do not release any splinters.
- If Drow Ranger is blinded, the splinters can miss, unless she has True Strike. They can also miss to evasion.
- The splinters originate from the primary target's location, not Drow Ranger's location.
- Since the splinters are independent attacks, their damage does not depend on how much damage the primary target took.
- The damage penalty only applies to the attack damage and any bonuses. Damage dealt in separate instances is unaffected (e.g. procs).
- The splinter arrows do not target couriers, buildings and wards as splinter targets, but can splinter off of them to nearby valid targets.
- They also completely ignore invisible, invulnerable and hidden units, as well as units in the Fog of War.
- When using
manually, then the resulting splinters apply the slow as well.
- However, when using autocast, the splinters only apply it when having it on autocast as the splinters hit their target.
- Either way (be it manually used, or via autocast), it drains mana upon hitting the target, and not upon splintering.
- Therefore, it only drains mana upon successfully hitting the splinter targets. Missed attacks do not drain mana.
|50% Cooldown Reduction||25||+20%Damage|
|+550Distance/Knockback||15||+25 Attack Speed|
|+5 All Stats||10||+20 Movement Speed|
- The all stats talent effectively grants Drow Ranger 90 health, 2.75% health regen amplification, 0.4% magic resistance, 1 armor, 6.25 attack speed, 0.31% movement speed, 60 mana, 9% mana regen amplification, 0.35% spell damage and 5 attack damage.
- The cooldown reduction talent stacks multiplicatively with Arcane Rune. and additively with
- gives Drow Ranger a massive boost of health regeneration in one go.
- s help providing Drow Ranger with health regeneration in the early game.
- provides a cheap a boost to Drow Ranger's attributes, and can be built into a .
- give Drow Ranger a speed boost which can be helpful for getting around.
- can be a good idea to pick up if the enemy is using a lot of spells, as the burst heal can help her survive or win early fights.
- provides Drow Ranger with bonus attributes which can be helpful in the early game. It can be sold in the late game.
- provide Drow Ranger with attack speed and additional attributes.
- provides useful stats for a highly cost effective price, and the increased range allows Drow Ranger to easily achieve good positioning. It also allows her to out-range towers and destroy them without much risk. Upgrades later into .
- provides mobility and stealth for Drow Ranger, allowing her to approach an ideal position for team-fights. It also provides some useful attack speed and damage.
- is a good source of lifesteal, and is useful for farming. It also provides a nice boost to Drow Ranger's attack and movement speed, but it comes at the cost of being unable to use her Frost Arrows.
- provides ever-useful agility for Drow Ranger. It is usually picked up to help Drow Ranger defend against efficient backline attackers.
- is important if Drow Ranger is facing a team with many disables, giving her enough time to deal at least some damage.
- break. It can be disassembled to build another item with the . builds naturally from , providing valuable stats and
- allows Drow Ranger to ambush an enemy hero with Gust, then quickly burn away their mana during the silence period.
- attack modifier items, it can allow Drow to heavily damage a grouped up enemy team. causes Drow Ranger's attacks to splinter, hitting two random units near the primary target. Alone, it can be a weak upgrade, but combined with several
- is typically picked up if planning to build Aghanim's, as it speeds up her early farming ability, and the secondary splinter shots will be able to proc Chain Lightning.
- provides Drow Ranger with a huge amount of lifesteal for a short period of time, allowing Drow Ranger to stand her ground and regain practically all of her health with just a few shots.
- dispel debuffs and create illusions of herself. Because her illusions benefit from Marksmanship, Manta Style provides Drow Ranger with a large damage increase, especially when sieging buildings. provides Drow Ranger with mobility, stats, and the ability to
- gives a decent stats boost, and stacks with Frost Arrows, making it possible to reduce most enemy heroes to minimum movespeed.
- evasion heroes. However, it has no defensive bonuses, and makes Drow Ranger into even more of a glass cannon. provides an excellent damage boost, as well as a counter against
- provides Drow Ranger with a critical strike chance, which synergizes well with the attack speed and damage she gets from her abilities, maximizing her damage output.
|Roles:||Carry Disabler Pusher|
|Playstyle:||Dwelling deep within the forest, few have ever caught glimpse of the solitary and impossibly beautiful Drow Ranger. Her presence was known only from the chill of Frost Arrows, driving deep into her enemies' hearts. Named and raised by the sympathetic Drow, Traxex draws on her heritage to send forth a powerful Gust, silencing and repulsing assailants who venture too close. Her expertise influences her allies, greatly increasing their ranged attacks with Precision Aura. None would ever match the Drow Ranger herself, however. For with each passing skirmish, her supreme Marksmanship grows ever more peerless.|
- Traxex's original design was slightly different from the one now; aside from the same hood, her white hair was not present, and her eyes were completely white. Her outfit was also slightly more revealing.
- From her transition to Dota 2, the name of her aura changed from "Trueshot Aura" to "Precision Aura".
- Drow Ranger's response "I quiver with anticipation." references a line in The Rocky Horror Picture Show "I see you shiver with anticipation."