Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
Item drop system
(Redirected from Drops)
Available drops are defined by the Drop List.
- After every matchmaking game, each player has a small chance to receive an item or set.
- All drops in Dota 2 are solely based on time played in Dota 2 via matchmaking.
- Winning, losing, or individual performance has no effect on item drop chance.
- Certain events award players with cosmetic items for participating.
Spectating a Tournament game
Main Article: Heroic
- While spectating a tournament game with over 100 viewers, one or more Heroic items are randomly given out to viewers each time a memorable event occurs.
- When another player uses Shopkeeper's Surprise, Legendary Largesse, or Breathtaking Benefaction during a match or while in Spectator mode, randomly chosen players will receive items.
- Only certain types of items can be obtained through drops.
- Not every item in these categories can drop.
- Possible drops are determined by the Drop List.
- Players who abandon the game will not receive drops.
- Players in Low Priority queue will not receive drops.
- A Steam account that is locked, suspended, or VAC banned will not receive drops.
- Immortal rarity items do not drop.
|Item rarity||In-game message|
|Rare||Some of these items contain custom animations for the Heroes that wear them.|
|Mythical||These items often contain custom animations and spell effects for the Heroes that wear them.|
|Legendary||These items are incredibly rare objects, often replacing entire couriers and hero mounts with new models and effects.|
|Arcana||These items are the rarest of all, capable of adding new models, sounds, spell effects, and HUD icons for a Hero.|
- Dota 2's item drop system was inspired by the drop system from Team Fortress 2, but does not function entirely in the same way.
- Upon receiving an item, respective visual and sound effects and hero voice responses will play depending on the rarity of the item.
- Increased drop rate for sets.
- Re-enabled single item drops.