- and both hinder Dragon Knight's movement greatly during teamfights.
- ignores Dragon Knight's armor and kills him prematurely.
- slows down Dragon Knight and lowers armor, locking him down and making him more vulnerable.
- Lich's constant slows with and will slow Dragon Knight to a crawl, especially in a crowded teamfight.
- and go right through Dragon Knight's armor.
- can tear Dragon knight down as it stacks infinitely.
- pure damage output is devastating to Dragon Knight. 's constant
- Dragon Knight's relatively low mana pool leads to heavy damage from , which also bypasses his armor.
- saps Dragon Knight of his already low base damage, making him even more useless in a fight if he gets kited.
- makes Razor much faster than Dragon Knight, and hard to catch.
- Timbersaw's pure damage will kill Dragon Knight surprisingly fast, especially if he gets caught in a bad position while laning.
- In the early game, a Dragon Knight without is basically defenseless against Viper.
- In general, heroes that can slow down Dragon Knight's movement speed will do well against him. This includes , and others in addition to the heroes mentioned above.
- can chase Dragon Knight down with and stun him with both and his passive . He can also use to whittle Dragon Knight's armor.
- 's reduces Dragon Knight's armor considerably, and his strong base attacks are augmented by his .
- can burn down Dragon Knight's health quickly during the early to mid game, but is not as effective during the late game. However, remains a constant threat due to the slow and percentage-based damage.
- Abilities that deal pure damage: , , .
- 's completely nullifies Dragon Knight's high armor.
- is the primary counter against Dragon Knight, reducing his damage, move speed, and attack speed significantly.
- negates much of Dragon Knight's damage in the early to mid game.
- , , and reduces much of Dragon Knight's armor.
- Bloodseeker's physical damage is unlikely to kill Dragon Knight, and therefore rarely get a chance to recover the large amount of HP from .
- The extra damage from is largely blocked by Dragon Knight's armor.
- Dragon Knight's heavy armor negates 's burst physical damage. His large HP pool also gives him a good chance of surviving Nyx Assassin's follow-up nuke damage.
- Riki does little damage to Dragon Knight, as he relies only on physical damage with modest attack speed and lack of burst.
- Spirit Breaker's slow attack speed and moderate damage do very little to harm Dragon Knight, even if ganked with .
- Despite the armor reduction from , Templar Assassin's reliance on physical damage and medium attack speed is unlikely to harm Dragon Knight.
- Templar Assassin's Refraction charges also get quickly removed by the damage over time from Dragon Knight's ultimate.
- does little damage against Dragon Knight's armor, and Dragon Knight's high health regeneration minimizes damage from .
- Dragon Knight is a cleave ranged carry, with one of the strongest splash damage and, with the right items, one of the strongest damage output,if farmed enough items for late game. He excels greatly against any crowd.
- In general, heroes that fare badly against Dragon Knight are heroes that rely only on physical attack damage, with no crit or attack speed bonuses.
- spiderlings and spiderites do almost nothing against Dragon Knight. 's
- Heroes that depend on illusions will fare badly against Dragon Knight's splash damage and Dragon breath.
- Heroes with evasion will still be hit by Elder Dragon Form's splash damage.
- Heroes that rely on physical damage are ineffective against Dragon Knight due to his high armor: , , ,
- Strong AoE makes it unlikely someone will buy a , especially a sustained one. Hitting a illusion will probably cause more damage to anyone near it than to the illusion itself.
- might not be as effective as it should be against the Knight.
- . Useful to block your stun, useless against your attack and your high DPS
Works well with...
- is especially useful on Dragon Knight, as it keeps him alive as both carry and tank.
- is especially useful for Dragon Knight. Coupled with his naturally high health regeneration, it ensures that Dragon Knight rarely needs to return to the base.
- and her slows make it much easier for Dragon Knight to deal damage.
- A well-placed gives Dragon Knight ample opportunity to ravage the enemy team with Elder Dragon Form's splash damage. Additionally, Dragon Knight can use Dragon Tail and the level 3 Elder Dragon's frost attack to trap enemies inside for heavy damage.
- A good sets Dragon Knight up to deal much splash damage in Elder Dragon Form. also grants extra splash damage to Elder Dragon Form, while allowing Dragon Knight to cleave in melee form and farm up more quickly.
- Medusa's tankiness combined with that of Dragon Knight's can be enough to overwhelm a disadvantaged enemy team.
- makes it very hard for enemy carries to take down Dragon Knight.
- holds enemies down for Dragon Knight to destroy en masse with Elder Dragon Form.
- , along with Vengeful Spirit's common item pickups like reduces enemy armor greatly, allowing Dragon Knight to destroy them.