|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Davion, the Dragon Knight, is a durable melee strength hero with a relatively straightforward and yet versatile skill set. He has both an area-of-effect nuke and a lengthy single-target stun, giving him excellent farming and ganking capabilities. Though he has no real escape ability, his Dragon Blood provides him a hefty amount of armor and regen, making him capable of withstanding strong physical hits and recovering quickly. He is still very vulnerable in the early game, however, and needs to farm and stay alive in order to be effective in later stages. If he has enough levels and farm, Dragon Knight is very formidable in the late game due to his strong ultimate, Elder Dragon Form, which transforms him into a legendary dragon with a ranged attack, capable of eliminating multiple enemies at once.
|Davion, the Dragon Knight|
|Play "The Dragon Slyrak sleeps within this armor, and the knight within the Dragon waits. Beware you do not wake them both."|
|Lore:||After years on the trail of a legendary Eldwurm, the skilled dragon-slayer found himself facing a disappointing foe: the dreaded Slyrak had grown ancient and frail, its wings tattered, its few remaining scales stricken with scale-rot, its fangs ground to nubs, and its fire-gouts no more threatening than a pack of wet matchsticks. Seeing no honor to be gained in dragon-murder, the young knight prepared to turn away and leave his old foe to die in peace. But a voice crept into his thoughts, and Slyrak gave a whispered plea that the knight might honor him with death in combat. The knight agreed, and found himself rewarded beyond expectation for his act of mercy: As he sank his blade in Slyrak's breast, the dragon sank a claw into his throat. As their blood mingled, Slyrak sent his power out along the Blood Route, offering all its strength and centuries of wisdom to the knight. The dragon's death sealed their bond, and Dragon Knight was born. The ancient power slumbers in the knight, waking when he calls it; or perhaps it is the Dragon that calls the Knight...|
|Voice:||Tony Todd (Responses)|
- Breathe Fire travels at a speed of 1050.
- Can hit units up to 1000 range away (travel distance + end radius).
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- Reduces hit targets' total attack damage, including raw damage bonuses.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.53 seconds while in Elder Dragon Form.
- Directly increases health regeneration, so it restores 0.4/0.6/0.8/1 ( 0.8/1.2/1.6/2) health in 0.1 second intervals.
- Also gives Dragon Knight ranged attack properties. His attack projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- Level 1 transforms him into a green dragon, level 2 into a red dragon, and level 3 into a blue dragon.
- Elder Dragon Form is fully canceled on death. The Dragon Form buff is hidden, only the 3 attack modifier buffs are displayed.
- Successive casts of Elder Dragon Form refresh the duration and update the form, adapting to the current level of the spell.
- While in Elder Dragon Form, Dragon Knight gains the following attack modifiers through undispellable buffs:
- Corrosive Breath: (Available for Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- Damage Type: Magical
- Damage per Second: 20
- Duration: 5
- Places a , which deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 5 instances.
- When on level 2 or 3, the debuff is applied to all enemies within the max splash radius.
- Can deal up to 100 damage to a unit (before reductions).
- Does not work against wards, works against allied units.
- Corrosive Breath fully affects buildings, meaning it can also be used to deny allied towers. However, buildings are only debuffed when directly attacked.
- Successive hits do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, the debuff is not applied within the radius.
- Splash Attack: (Available for Level 2 & level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- Damage Type: Physical
- 100% Splash Radius: 150
- 75% Splash Radius: 225
- 50% Splash Radius: 300
- Frost Breath: (Available for Level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- Slow Radius: 300
- Move Speed Slow: 30%
- Attack Speed Slow: 30
- Slow Duration: 3
- Does not work against wards, buildings, or allied units.
- Successive hits do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, the slow is not applied within the radius.
|+1.75s Dragon Tail||25||+40 Strength|
|2x Dragon Blood HP Regen/Armor||20||+150 Gold/Min|
|+300 Health||15||+35 Damage|
|+30 Attack Speed||10||+2 Mana Regen|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Gold granted from the talent is unreliable gold.
- Tango. Dragon Blood can keep him in lane with minimum health regeneration, but a minimal amount of regeneration is ideal for sustaining during his early levels.
- Quelling Blade makes last hitting easier due to his low base damage.
- Clarity helps with Dragon Knight's small mana pool, allowing him to use Breathe Fire more often in lane.
- Iron Branch gives nice attributes, and can be used to build a Magic Wand.
- Stout Shield can greatly help his early game durability against ranged enemies.
- Boots of Speed are compulsory because of the early speed boost they give.
- Magic Stick can help offset the damage of being harassed by spells, and provide a burst of HP and Mana to help win early fights.
- Soul Ring is a useful item on Dragon Knight, as it allows him to farm using Breathe Fire constantly. The extra health regeneration from Soul Ring together with the regeneration from Dragon Blood offset the health loss.
- Power Treads are ideal for Dragon knight, useful not only because of the attack speed they give, but also because you can switch the attribute as the situation requires. Using Soul Ring while set to strength, then casting spells on intelligence minimizes the HP cost and maximizes the mana gained. Setting Power Treads to agility allows you to passively regenerate a larger percentage of HP from your passive. Otherwise you can keep them on strength to make you more durable and to make last hitting easier.
- Magic Wand is a natural upgrade for Magic stick, offering a larger potential burst of health and mana.
- Armlet of Mordiggian provides a large amount of HP regeneration, and armor, as well as a nice boost in strength, attack damage, and armor when activated, significantly increasing Dragon Knight's mid game strength. His HP regen from Dragon Blood effectively manages the HP consumed by an activated Armlet.
- Black King Bar is a crucial item to have in most games to prevent being disabled. With the added survivability, damage and magic immunity, you become more durable and able to jump into the fight with less risk of dying.
- Shadow Blade gives good mobility, and ideal in games where Dragon Knight requires a way to initiate or gank the opposing team. The stealth allows you to initiate using your stun, and the bonus damage coming out of stealth is also helpful.
- Silver Edge is a natural upgrade from Shadow Blade, and is strong in Dragon Knight's hands for multiple reasons. The break it provides reduces an opponent's outgoing damage even more, effectively stacking with the debuff of Breathe fire, and disabling most passive abilities.
- Sange and Yasha provides you with a modest chunk of stats, as well as increasing his move speed, and greater maim allows Dragon Knight to still effectively lock down enemies when Elder Dragon Form is not available, and in the late game may be disassembled in order to create Heaven's Halberd and/or Manta Style
- Heaven's Halberd is a good item for improving both offense and defensive: it gives more damage, more strength, and Its maim is helpful for chasing and locking down enemies, The evasion stacks nicely with Dragon Knight's large HP pool and high armor, and the disarm effectively prevents the enemy carry from dealing damage.
- Manta Style is a very situational late-game item which can provide a large amount of utility. A second dispel beside BKB can help minimize the effect of an enemy team with a large number of disables. The Dragon Form Timer starts full when Illusions are created of the dragon, allowing Dragon Knight to continue pushing and fighting with the splash damage and cold breath attack modifiers.
- Heart of Tarrasque is the best item to buy if you need to be tankier. Not only does it provide you with a massive HP boost and a passive ability to gain health more quickly, but it also adds 45 damage.
- Assault Cuirass gives attack speed and armor to you and surrounding allies. It also places a debuff on enemies, making them easier to kill. It is a good item if you have many auto-attackers in your team.
- Pipe of Insight gives more survivability and tankiness for both you and your team against magic damage, the bonus health regen is also very useful.
- Satanic grants a sizeable strength boost, as well as damage and 25% lifesteal, significantly increasing Dragon Knight's survivability.
- Daedalus makes you deal more damage, and gives you the chance to make critical hits.
- Desolator improves Dragon Knight's tower pushing and increases his damage. It also synergizes with an Assault Cuirass pickup and creates a huge armor disparity.
- Eye of Skadi provides a slow that stacks with lifesteal from Satanic and Mask of Madness. It also pierces spell immunity, like the Frost Breath from your level 3 Dragon Form. Cold Attack combined with Frost Breath reduces an enemy's damage output significantly and makes it hard for enemy heroes to disengage from a fight once they are attacked by Dragon Knight. It also provides a huge health boost rivaling Heart of Tarrasque and can be considered as an offense oriented replacement as it also provides intelligence that helps with your mana consumption, and agility which gives attack speed for more DPS and armor that increases your overall effective health.
- Moon Shard can be considered as a final luxury when your team is far ahead.
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Durable Disabler Initiator Nuker|
|Playstyle:||As Sir Davion slew Slyrak in arranged combat, the Eldwurm's blood mingled with his own, sealing their essences together. He was no longer a dragon-slayer, but a Dragon Knight. The infusion of Dragon Blood caused his wounds to heal with inhuman speed, and granted him great new powers. While nowhere as grand as Slyrak, he found himself with the ability to Breathe Fire, immolating packs of foes at once. But when Davion took on his Elder Dragon Form, he became the Eldwurm itself, and upon his awestruck enemies he rained projectiles of acid, fire, and ice.|
- In DotA, Dragon Knight's fun name was Trogdor, a character that first appeared in episode 58 of the "Strong Bad e-mail" show on the website HomestarRunner.com.
- He also has an alternate name when he transforms with his ultimate in DotA, in which he is named "Arc Honist".
- In The Lab, a VR game by Valve, there are some Bendie soldiers who wield Dragon Knight's sword in the minigame Longshot, along with other Dota 2 weapons like Axe's war axe, Huskar's spear and Stout Shield.