Davion, the Dragon Knight, is a durable melee strength hero with a relatively straightforward and yet versatile skill set. He has both an area-of-effect nuke and a lengthy single-target stun, giving him excellent farming and ganking capabilities. Though he has no real escape ability, his Dragon Blood provides him a hefty amount of armor and regen, making him capable of withstanding strong physical hits and recovering quickly. He is still very vulnerable in the early game, however, and needs to farm and stay alive in order to be effective in later stages. If he has enough levels and farm, Dragon Knight is very formidable in the late game due to his strong ultimate, Elder Dragon Form, which transforms him into a legendary dragon with a ranged attack, capable of eliminating multiple enemies at once.
Can directly target spell immune units, launching the fire in their direction.
- Breathe Fire travels at a speed of 1050.
- Can hit units up to 1000 range away (travel distance + end radius).
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- Reduces hit targets' total attack damage, including raw damage bonuses.
- The fire first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.53 seconds while in .
- While in
, Dragon Tail has a cast range of 400 and uses a projectile, instead of being instant.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1600.
- In human form, the spell does not rely on a projectile, meaning cannot disjoint it.
- Dragon Tail first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Can regenerate up to 240/480/720/960 ( 480/960/1440/1920) health in one minute.
Corrosive Breath attempts to damage spell immune enemies when placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled
- Also gives Dragon Knight ranged attack properties. His attack projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- Level 1 transforms him into a green dragon, level 2 into a red dragon, and level 3 into a blue dragon.
- Elder Dragon Form is fully canceled on death. The Dragon Form buff is hidden, only the 3 attack modifier buffs are displayed.
- Successive casts of Elder Dragon Form refresh the duration and update the form, adapting to the current level of the spell.
- While in Elder Dragon Form, Dragon Knight gains the following attack modifiers through undispellable buffs:
- Corrosive Breath: (Available for Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- Places a , which deals magical damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 5 instances.
- When on level 2 or 3, the debuff is applied to all enemies within the max splash radius.
- Can deal up to 100 damage to a unit (before reductions).
- Does not work against wards, works against allied units.
- Corrosive Breath fully affects buildings, meaning it can also be used to deny allied towers. However, buildings are only debuffed when directly attacked.
- Successive hits do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then their own attack damage. However, on secondary targets, it first applies the splash damage, then the debuff.
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, the debuff is not applied within the radius.
- Splash Attack: (Available for Level 2 & level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, no splash damage is dealt.
- Splash damage physical damage, and is affected by Damage Block.
- Does not work against wards or buildings.
- Frost Breath: (Available for Level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- Does not work against wards, buildings, or allied units.
- Successive hits do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then their own attack damage. The splash damage is applied after the debuff as well.
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, the slow is not applied within the radius.
|+25 Strength||20||+180 Gold/Min|
|+350 Health||15||+30 Damage|
|-25%Damage Reduction||10||+3 Mana Regen|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- This attack damage talent is added as raw attack damage, so it does not benefit illusions, and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- The strength talent effectively grants Dragon Knight 500 health, 2.5 health regen, 2% magic resistance and 25 attack damage.
- Gold granted from the talent is unreliable gold.
- regenerates health early on until Dragon Blood.
- mana pool, allowing him to use Breathe Fire more often in lane. helps with Dragon Knight's small
- gives nice attributes, and can be used to build a .
- can greatly help his early game durability against ranged enemies.
- makes last hitting easier due to his low base damage.
- are compulsory because of the early speed boost they give.
- can help offset the damage of being harassed by spells, and provide a burst of HP and Mana to help win early fights.
- health regeneration from Soul Ring together with the regeneration from Dragon Blood offset the health loss. is a useful item on Dragon Knight, as it allows him to farm using Breathe Fire constantly. The extra
- increases attack speed, and also allows for attribute switching. Using Soul Ring while set to strength, then casting spells on intelligence minimizes the HP cost and maximizes the mana gained.
- is a natural upgrade for Magic stick, offering a larger potential burst of health and mana.
- provides a large amount of HP regeneration, and armor, as well as a nice boost in strength, attack damage, and armor when activated, significantly increasing Dragon Knight's mid game strength. His HP regen from Dragon Blood effectively manages the HP consumed by an activated Armlet. Furthermore, the Dragon Blood talent allows Dragon Knight to keep Armlet on without draining too much HP.
- is a crucial item to have in most games to prevent being disabled. With the added survivability, damage and spell immunity, you become more durable and able to jump into the fight with less risk of dying.
- gives good mobility, and ideal in games where Dragon Knight requires a way to initiate or gank the opposing team. The stealth allows you to initiate using your stun, and the bonus damage coming out of stealth is also helpful.
- gives attack speed and armor to you and surrounding allies. It also places a debuff on enemies, making them easier to kill. It is a good item if you have many attackers in your team.
- break it provides reduces an opponent's outgoing damage even more, effectively stacking with the debuff of Breathe fire, and disabling most passive abilities. is a natural upgrade from , and is strong in Dragon Knight's hands for multiple reasons. The
- disassembled in order to build and/or . provides you with a modest chunk of attributes, as well as increasing his move speed, and in the late game may be
- status resistance. The evasion stacks nicely with Dragon Knight's large HP pool and high armor, and the disarm effectively prevents the enemy carry from dealing damage. is a good item for improving both offense and defensive: it gives more damage, more strength, and
- is the best item to buy if you need to be tankier. Not only does it provide you with a massive HP boost and a passive ability to gain health more quickly, but it also adds strength which increases his attack damage.
- gives more survivability and tankiness for both you and your team against magic damage, the bonus health regen is also very useful.
- grants a sizeable strength boost, as well as damage and lifesteal, significantly increasing Dragon Knight's survivability.
- makes you deal more damage, and gives you the chance to make critical hits.
- tower pushing and increases his damage. It also synergizes with an pickup and creates a huge armor disparity. improves Dragon Knight's
- slow that pierces spell immunity, like the Frost Breath from your level 3 Dragon Form. Cold Attack combined with Frost Breath reduces an enemy's damage output significantly and makes it hard for enemy heroes to disengage from a fight once they are attacked by Dragon Knight. It also provides a huge health boost rivaling and can be considered as an offense oriented replacement as it also provides intelligence that helps with your mana consumption, and agility which gives attack speed for more DPS and armor that increases your overall effective health. provides a
- can be considered as a final luxury when your team is far ahead.
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Durable Disabler Initiator Nuker|
|Playstyle:||As Sir Davion slew Slyrak in arranged combat, the Eldwurm's blood mingled with his own, sealing their essences together. He was no longer a dragon-slayer, but a Dragon Knight. The infusion of Dragon Blood caused his wounds to heal with inhuman speed, and granted him great new powers. While nowhere as grand as Slyrak, he found himself with the ability to Breathe Fire, immolating packs of foes at once. But when Davion took on his Elder Dragon Form, he became the Eldwurm itself, and upon his awestruck enemies he rained projectiles of acid, fire, and ice.|
- In DotA, Dragon Knight's fun name was Trogdor, a character that first appeared in episode 58 of the "Strong Bad e-mail" show on the website HomestarRunner.com.
- He also has an alternate name when he transforms with his ultimate in DotA, in which he is named "Arc Honist".
- In The Lab, a VR game by Valve, there are some Bendie soldiers who wield Dragon Knight's sword in the minigame Longshot, along with other Dota 2 weapons like Axe's war axe, Huskar's spear and Stout Shield.