|Dota Strikers is a team-based football style game where you control one hero and help get the ball into the opposing team's goal. Each hero has 1-2 unique abilities. Some heroes are more defensive or offensive than others.|
|Average duration:||15-20 minutes|
Dota Strikers is an eight-player custom game inspired by the real-life sport of soccer/football, and as well by the Warcraft 3 mod Banjoball (by Garfield1337) and the Starcraft 2 mod Zealot Hockey.
- Each player starts in the part of the soccer field that is assignated to his team (left or right). At the far left and right extrememity stands a goal, surrounded by a small square.
- At the start of the game a ball is located at the center of the field. To control the ball, a player has to simply walk on it. It will then be placed in front of him, and will only leave the hero if he kicks it or if another hero walks on it, stealing the ball.
- Each hero possesses different abilities that facilitates either an offensive or defensive position. They all possess the "Kick" ability (shoots the ball in a certain direction), and a "Sprint" ability (33% increased speed at the cost of 20 mana per second, although it is replaced for certain heroes by a different movement burst ability). The Sprint ability is the only one to use mana, all other spells are only limited by cooldowns.
- Players can also use expressive abilities, who will display a message above their hero (labelled "Pass the ball", "Taunt" or "Frown").
- The square surrounding the goal (called in-game "goal posts") can be occupied by only one player of the team it belongs to at a time. He becomes the goalie, and gains the "Goalie jump" ability, meaning he can jump up to catch a high flying ball.
- The goalie cannot held the ball for longer than a few seconds, or the referee (Roshan) will come and toss the ball towards the center of the field.
- Any player can become the goalie, and the goalie can freely leave his zone, or be replaced by another player.
- To win the game, a team has to score 10 points. A point is scored by shooting the ball through the goal of the opposing team. The ball has to pass the red goal line for the point to be counted.
- After every goal, the ball is brought back at the center of the field, and the players are transported to each team's side. The game resumes after a few seconds.
At the start of the game, the player has a choice between 9 heroes. Given that abilities cannot be upgraded and he cannot buy items, this is the only moment in the game where you can choose your kind of gameplay. All heroes have a mana recovery rate of 10 (10 mana/second). Available heroes are:
- Super Sprint (replaces Sprint): Propels you forward, draining mana in the process (Mana drain rate: 40. Cooldown: 5 sec).
- Tackle: Move towards the target point very quickly (Duration: 0.5. Cooldown: 32 sec).
- Slam: Slams the ground, knocking nearby units away. Closer units experience a more powerful force (Radius: 780. Cooldown: 30 sec).
- Black Hole: Conjures a black hole at the target location. Units closer to the center of the black hole experience a more powerful force. (Radius: 470. Duration: 6. Cooldown: 34 sec).
- Powershot: Infuses the ball with an elixir, causing it to travel with zero friction and a high velocity across the field. (Channel time: 0.35. Cooldown: 2 sec).
- Powersprint (replaces Sprint): Pushes you in your current forward direction. You are unable to change your direction while Powersprint is active. Cannot be cast as the ball controller (Mana drain rate: 40. Cost: 25 mana).
- Pull: Drags Io towards the ball. Cooldown is dependent on how long the pull was active. Cannot be cast as the ball carrier. (Cooldown: from 10 to 30 sec)
- Empowered Kick: Kicks the ball faster and further than the generic kick (Cooldown: 1 sec).
- Demonic Endurance (replaces Sprint): Permanent sprint. Enabling Demonic Endurance disables the ball slow but drains twice as fast as a normal sprint.
- Swap: Casts a traveilling orb, that when collided with a hero, swaps the positions and velocities of that hero with your own (Cooldown: 16 sec).
- Hook: Pudge throws a meat hook that bounces off walls and can hook both players and the ball. Enemy players hooked are silenced for the duration of the hook. (Cooldown: 22 sec).
- Blink: Teleports you in the forward direction after a short waiting time. After the teleportation, you have a short time to teleport yourself back. (Distance: 500. Wait time: 0.4. Time to use backtrack: 2. Cooldown if backtrack used: 30. Cooldown: 24).
- Backflip: Jump up into the air while being pushed in the forward direction (Cooldown: 24 sec).
- Stealth Sprint (replaces Sprint): Sprint while invisible, draining mana in the process. Breaks if Backflip is used.
- Curve Shot: 2 directions
- Storm Dash: sprint
- Ogre Smash: hits front
- Remote Mine: place it, then 2nd cast detonates it
- Timelapse: goes back to where he was