Cast Range: 550
Move Speed Slow: 10%/15%/20%/25%/28%/31%/34%
Miss Chance: 40%/50%/60%/70%/75%/80%/85%
Turn Rate Slow: 15%
Vision Reduction: 100
Turn Rate Slow: 60%
Jump Range: 700
- The bonus damage is independent from Riki's attack damage and is instantly dealt to the target.
- Always teleports Riki behind the target.
- Will always try to find the shortest path possible.
- During the Strike Phase the caster is invulnerable
- When targeting an enemy, Riki receives the
- This buff makes his next attack apply an ensured backstab hit with , regardless of angle.
- This means when the target manages to turn around before Riki's attack hits, it still applies the backstab.
- The buff lasts for 1 attack, or for up to 1 second, whichever happens first.
- The buff is used up upon starting an attack, not upon landing it, so canceling or missing the attack wastes it.
- The 1 second duration allows Riki to use the ensured backstab against other units than the Blink Strike target if quick enough.
- Riki is ordered to attack the target if it is an enemy.
- Can be cast on allies without damaging them.
Backstab Angle: 105
Smoke Bonus Damage per Agility: 0.25/0.4/0.65/0.8/0.85/0.9/0.95
Invisibilty Break Bonus Damage per Agility: 2
Invisibility part works for illusions. Illusions play the backstab sound upon attacking from behind, but do not deal any bonus damage.
- Riki does not auto attack enemies while invisible.
- Riki turns instantly invisible after respawning, causing him not to be visible right after using .
- Casting spells or using items does not break the invisibility.
- Only breaking the invisibility provided by Cloak and Dagger will provide an increased damage bonus. Other sources of invisibility do not provide this effect.
- Attacking from the back inside smoke cloud will still apply the full damage bonus.
- The ability icon shows a cooldown whenever the invisibility is broken. However, this has only informative purposes.
- Backstab damage is applied when attacking and denying allies.
- A unit's back is considered to be within 105 degrees from the back.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g.
- However, it cannot be amplified with e.g. Double Damage Rune. or the
- The sound effect plays at the start of the attack, but the damage is applied on hit.
- Tricks of the Trade disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Certain items which do not cancel channeling spells (e.g. or ) do cancel Tricks of the Trade.
- Riki is invulnerable and hidden during Tricks of the Trade, turning him to an invalid target for every spell.
- Riki is phased during Tricks of the Trade, so that other units can pass through.
- Causes Riki to perform instant attacks on all enemy heroes within range once per second, starting immediately on cast.
- The instant attacks can proc any attack modifier or any on-hit effect like regular attacks.
- If Riki is blinded, the attacks can miss, unless he has True Strike. They can also miss to evasion.
- The instant attacks completely ignore disarms, so Riki still attacks normally during Tricks of the Trade.
- The instant attacks do not break 's invisibility, although it visually goes on cooldown.
- If is off cooldown, the instant attacks place the two slow procs on two randomly selected heroes in the radius. If there is only one hero in the radius, they will be slowed by the first proc. The second proc will then be applied on a randomly selected hero in the radius during the next round of attacks.
- The instant attacks always trigger a backstab from Cloak and Dagger, based on its current level.
- The visual effects indicating Tricks of the Trade's attack radius are visible to both allies and enemies.
- The radius is always centered on Riki and follows him even when he gets moved (e.g.
- However, the radius indicating visual effects on the ground do not follow Riki, and stay at the cast location.
- When upgraded with
, Riki can target an allied hero with Tricks of the Trade.
- Riki and all of the spell's effects then follow the allied hero. He still remains hidden.
- If the target dies, Tricks of the Trade is centered around its death location for the remaining duration, unless the target resurrects before the channeling ends (e.g. by using Buyback).
- Cannot target creep-heroes. Can target illusions.
|-0.3 sec Tricks of the Trade attack interval||40||Riki gains a 20% chance on attack to instantly teleport behind an enemy, backstabbing it.|
|+40 Agility||-25 Respawn Timer||+30 All Stats||35||+80 Movement Speed||+90 Attack Speed||+33% Magic Resistance|
|-4 sec Smoke Screen cooldown||30||-2 sec invisibility fade time|
|+30 Agility||-20 Respawn Timer||+20 All Stats||25||+60 Movement Speed||+65 Attack Speed||+27% Magic Resistance|
|+1 Blink Strike jumps||20||+0.4 Backstab agility multiplier|
|+20 Agility||-15 Respawn Timer||+12 All Stats||15||+40 Movement Speed||+45 Attack Speed||+21% Magic Resistance|
|+200 Smoke Screen radius||10||+1.5 sec Blink Strike debuff duration|
|+12 Agility||-10 Respawn Timer||+7 All Stats||5||+25 Movement Speed||+25 Attack Speed||+15% Magic Resistance|