|Dota IMBA is a normal game of Dota, infusing heroes with abnormal power. Whether it be through adding new properties to existing abilities and items or creating these anew, Dota IMBA tries to balance heroes and items by making them imbalanced.|
|Teams:||5v5, 10v10, 6v6|
|Average duration:||30-40 minutes|
Dota IMBA is a custom game played on a regular Dota 2 map, with 10, 12, or 20 players in a variety of maps and game modes. There are four unique game modes available for Dota IMBA, each of which has their own customizable game rules and mechanics.
- The goal of the game is to destroy the enemy ancient.
- Buildings and Towers receive new abilities, all of which upgrade whenever a building on the owner's team falls.
- Gold and experience gain from creeps and structures ranges from 130%-400% of their normal values (depending on the mode played);
- Runes have been reworked and each have a unique ability, some affect nearby team mates.
- Roshan has been entirely reworked with added skills and stat changes to remain a difficult challenge
- Respawn time has been reduced, and drops Roshlings that drop cheese on death
- Heroes available in Dota IMBA are divided into 2 categories:
- IMBA Heroes: Heroes with (IMBA) at the end of their names. These heroes have their skill sets modified, additional properties are denoted in orange.
- Lazy Heroes: Heroes that only received value changes or minor imbafication to their skills.
- Items have been changed in a similar manner:
- Some items have new properties, some have their attribute values changed;
- Several new items exist in this game mode, including new upgrade paths
- Various Dota mechanics have been changed, reworked, or added:
- Attack Speed cap has been increased to 800
- Spell Amplification has become Spell Power
- Tenacity has been introduced, reducing the duration of enemy debuffs
- The max level for heroes has been set to 40
- Abilities can be leveled 7 times, and ultimates 6 times
Heroes are separated into two classes: IMBA Heroes and Lazy Heroes. IMBA Heroes have custom skills and enhanced mechanics, while Lazy Heroes have their numbers tweaked to make them stronger.
|IMBA Heroes||Lazy Heroes|
Dota IMBA overhauls most of the remaining mechanics in Dota 2, changing the pace of gameplay to suit the changes to heroes.
Dota IMBA is based on Mimiya's Warcraft III mod of the same name, and made with his consent.
Developers: Firetoad & Hewdraw
Title and loading screens: Zimberzimber
Big thanks to all the great fellas who hang in the #Dota2mods channel, helping any time they can! A special mention to BMD, for his barebones base mod and awesome libraries.
Finally, a hug to our loyal players, which frequently contribute in various ways to IMBA, be it with balance, bug reports, or just general feedback!