We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Dota 2 Workshop Tools
The Dota 2 Workshop Tools is a set of software utilities that allows players to create their own custom game modes. The tools package must be installed to create or play any custom games.
- Right-click on Dota 2 in Steam and select View Downloadable Content.
- Check the box in the Install column next to Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC.
- Click Close. The required content will begin downloading.
- Launch Dota 2 in Steam.
- Click the Play tab and then select Custom Games.
- Click the Install button.
Launching the Tools
Once the download is complete, start Dota 2 and select Launch Dota 2 - Tools from the radial menu.
- Map editing and level design can be done using Valve's Hammer editor.
- Done through Valve's Panorama framework.