This is a short guideline on how to edit Dota 2 Wiki's hero guides and counters. Use Sniper/Guide and Bloodseeker/Counters as models if you are unsure of formatting.
- Please be relatively fluent in English.
- Use Edit Source instead of Edit; it's easier.
- Use a new line for every tip/fact (point form).
- Be as concise as possible (short sentences).
- Only add tips/counters that are commonly accepted and practiced. These pages are not for theorycrafting or cheesy strategies.
- Always use the word ability instead of "spell", "skill", "ulti", etc. This is Valve's standard.
- State a reason for each hero when adding counters or your edit may be reverted.
- Use template code for hero, ability and item names that do not reference the hero being written about:
- For example: When editing the guide or counters page for Pudge, do not use templates for "Pudge" or "Meat Hook".
- Names of heroes, abilities, and items must be 100% exact in terms of capitalization and spaces.
- Do not use abbreviations or shorthand.
- Do not capitalize the word "hero", "item", or "ability."
- Do not add tips that apply to every hero/circumstance. Only add strategies that interact in a unique way with that hero.
- For example: Don't write that Silencer counters a hero just because he can silence that hero. Silencer can silence every hero.
- Simply describing what an ability or item does is not a tip. Do not add things like this.
- BAD TIP: Dazzle's Shallow Grave keeps Necrophos alive longer.
- GOOD TIP: Dazzle's Shallow Grave keeps Necrophos alive longer, letting him deal more damage with Heartstopper Aura, and giving him more time to heal himself with Death Pulse's low cooldown.