Dota 2 Wiki:Discussion
Remove from Intelligence support heroes
I notice a lot of support heroes' item build page hasincluding , , , , , , , , , , , . However,
- Those hero are generally considered to be supports
- is too luxury for support role, only super toxic support can build it
- low build rate in both pub and pro games(most of them has less than 0.1% build rate)
- They are ranged and have ranged abilities, they usually will not get too close to enemy(Hard to active Shiva's ability)
- even they build it, their survivability still a problem.
- There are always better items for them to build
- And build such expensive item, buyback gold will increase about 400.
- Slow effort does not that obvious.
- The suggestion is stupid and only valid at the time it was posted. For some patchs when armor is good, shiva's guard would be really nice. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) • (contribs) • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
The Future of eSports pages
Since no one reads/updates the tournament pages anymore, I'm gonna remove Tournaments box from the front page, and the Competitive Scene icon on top will eventually be replaced by a Lore icon. The International will still be covered with a page + big banner each year. If no one has any objections, I'll be doing this soon. - Lemoncake(talk) 13:55, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
How about add some kind of redirection or notice to https://liquipedia.net/dota2/ as that wiki mainly focus on the tournaments, teams and players.Maybe like the redirection in Perfect World to the wikipedia. It looks like the wiki-writers who cares tournaments prefer to update the information on the Liquidpedia. And maybe the users also prefer to check the results from Liquidpedia. --神乐坂桐樱 (talk) 20:14, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
Or maybe we only save the pages for the most important tournaments(for example: the international of each years), the current active teams who join the majors and the TIs. And clean up/delete the information on the old majors(No one will read them) and disbanded teams (There are better places to check those things). And give brief information on the Dota2 Pro Circuits of current year and maybe previous years. We obviously don't have enough writers to update them, but we can simply record the most important events on the history of Dota2 Tournaments. For interested new players, they can check this page to understand how the Dota2 esport works nowdays and get to know the famous teams or players that are discussed frequently by the dota2 community. When I was a new player, I want to check some pro-game videos and I indeed suck due to the long history of dota community. I was hoping someone can give me some advice which team or tournaments I should follow. I finally know the TIs and Dota2 Pro Circuits are the most important ones. --神乐坂桐樱 (talk) 21:48, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
- This site's owners probably don't want us linking to a competitor site. As for the rest, we've never had anyone who can consistently update the esports stuff for more than a few months, the Competitive Scene page has only been updated like twice in two years, so I really doubt this will change. I don't watch esports but I'll still do a TI page each year, but the rest is just not worth the time. - Lemoncake(talk) 22:43, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
Problems with the Break Page
Hey there, the page of 'Break' is currently broken.
Attempting to make any edit, even writing 'test' in a body of text will cause the tables in the new version of the page to be broken.
There is currently some lua errors in one of the tables lower down.
I wanted to propose the following updates to the page:
Include Naga Siren's new riptide passive.
Update the following catagories on the abilities section:
1: Borrowed Time, Starstorm, Death Pulse, Shadow Dance, Berserker's Rage, Nether Swap, Counterspell, Retaliate, Blur, Take Aim
10: Essence Shift
11: Atrophy Aura
12: Curse of Avernus
2 Both passive components of are disabled by Break (including the splinter arrows granted by ). Marksmanship's particle effects still visually react on enemy presence.
10still grants permanent bonuses on kill conditions when disabled.
11does not grant permanent bonuses on kill conditions when disabled.
12 The debuff ofdoes not grant ally attackers an attack speed buff when Abaddon is affected by Break.
If anyone could help me with this, I would be grateful.
PS: There is also a lua error on the 'Cyclone' page, just noticed.
Switching from Slack to Discord
FANDOM and Gamepedia are switching the community chat from Slack to Discord. Questions and discussions should go on Discord in the future.
- Dota 2 Wiki channel
- Removed (invalid) link, which was publicly posted without permission. TheLOLxd2 (talk) 12:32, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- Your current discord invite link for the Dota 2 discord is a message link -not an invite link- and is possibly pointing to a channel which is locked to newcomers. I can not see this however, as I am currently at my 100 discord limit.
- In the future, you should use 'Create invite link' and under 'Edit invite link' at the bottom of the overlay, choose 'Never Expires' and 'No Limit' on uses. TheLOLxd2 (talk) 12:32, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
DotA 2 REST API
My idea is, to create a REST API using the huge database that DotA Wiki has, with authentication, no insertion in this API, just fetch. This would help many developers that want to create an app or anything about dota. I found out that valve itself has an API but it only returns players info, just like that is in dotabuff. Also there is OpenDotA but is similar to valve's API. I hope anyone agree with me and can help in this project :D Thanks... — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) • (contribs) • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Most information on this wiki can already be queried through the cargoquery api action. For example, you could retrieve a list of hero names through a query such as