Disruptor, the Stormcrafter, is a ranged intelligence hero who requires good positioning to use his abilities effectively. His signature ability is Kinetic Field, a pseudo-disable that traps enemies within a small area for a long duration. Combined with his Static Storm, Disruptor can act as the initiator for a teamfight, or supplement his teammates' initiation very well. Glimpse is another powerful spell that forces enemies to watch their movements, as Disruptor can easily drag them back to a previous location to be focused down. Thunder Strike provides Disruptor with some reliable single-target damage, but more importantly grants vision on the target to prevent jukes and escapes.
|Disruptor, the Stormcrafter|
|Play "By stormcraft, I shall lay my enemies low."|
|Lore:|| High on the wind-ravaged steppes of Druud, a gifted young stormcrafter called Disruptor was the first to unlock the secrets of the summer squalls. Constantly under assault from both seasonal storms and encroachment from civilized kingdoms to the South, the upland Oglodi have for centuries struggled to subsist atop the endless tablelands. They are the fractured remnant of a once-great civilization—a fallen tribe, their stormcraft strange and inscrutable, cobbled together from scraps of lost knowledge which even they no longer fully understand. For those on the high plain, weather has become a kind of religion, worshiped as both the giver and taker of life. But the electrical storms that bring life-sustaining rains arrive at a cost, and many are the charred and smoking corpses left in their wake.
Although small for his kind, Disruptor is fearless, and driven by an insatiable curiosity. As a youth, while still unblooded and without a stryder, he explored the ruins of the ancestral cities—searching through collapsed and long-moldering libraries, rummaging through rusting manufactories. He took what he needed and returned to his tribe. Adapting a coil of ancient design, he harnessed the power of electrical differential and now calls down the thunder whenever he wishes. Part magic, part craftsmanship, his coils hold in their glowing plates the power of life and death—a power wielded with precision against the landed castes to the South, and any interlopers who cross into ancient Oglodi lands.
|Voice:||Fred Tatasciore (Responses)|
- When the target avoids the damage by turning invulnerable or hidden, it still deals damage around it.
- Provides shared vision over the target.
- Strikes the target in 2 second intervals, starting immediately as the debuff is placed, resulting in 4 ( 8) strikes.
- Can deal up to 160/240/320/400 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Can deal up to 320/400/480/560 damage when the damage increasing talent is chosen.
- Can deal up to 320/480/640/800 damage when the number of strikes increasing talent is chosen.
- Can deal up to 640/800/960/1120 damage when both talents are chosen.
- The debuff persists through death. If the target dies, it continues to apply damage at its death location.
- Provides 400 range flying vision for 3.34 seconds at the target's last location when the debuff expires or is removed.
- Successive casts on the same unit do not stack, but only refresh the duration.
- Glimpse does not instantly move the target back. A projectile spawns from the target which travels towards the mark.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 600, or reaches the mark in 1.8 seconds, whichever is faster.
- The location at which the target lands after Glimpse is marked with a blue visual effect which is visible to everyone.
- The projectile provides 300 range flying vision while traveling, which lingers for 3.34 seconds at the marked location.
- Does not move spell immune units, but can move invulnerable and hidden units.
- Following the general rule of position changing effects, it can cancel e.g. Time Walk or Ball Lightning.
- While Doppelganger, Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant reposition the caster, they cannot be interrupted, so it can be dodged with those spells.
- Can also be dodged with Phantasm, Mirror Image, Manta Style, Snowball, Omnislash, Primal Split, Infest, Assimilate and Supernova.
- The target is given a stop command as soon as it is moved back, effectively canceling channeling spells.
- However, the queued following commands are not canceled.
- Cannot target creep-heroes.
- The effect delay is not included in the field's duration. The actual duration starts right after the delay.
- The visual and sound effects during the effect delay are visible and audible to everyone.
- Stops enemies by slowing them with a slow aura. The aura has a radius of 408 and is centered on the field.
- The slow gets exponentially stronger towards the visible barrier, which has a 340 radius.
- This effectively causes enemy units touching the barrier to come to halt.
- The slow is only present when facing towards the barrier. Units at the barrier facing away from it are not slowed.
- The aura's effect lingers for 0.5 seconds, resulting in an effective duration of 3.1/3.7/4.3/4.9.
- Since the slow is fluctuating a lot, it is not displayed in the HUD.
- Only prevents enemies from walking out of or into the area. Forced movement is not prevented and can thus get units in or out.
- A unit affected by Kinetic Field cannot be pushed with Force Staff or Hurricane Pike.
- This applies to enemy units affected by the field's slow aura, no matter if in or outside the field.
- This means an enemy not affected by the barrier at all can be pushed through it.
- Since spell immune units are fully unaffected, a self-cast Force Staff or Hurricane Pike is not prevented for spell immune heroes.
- Provides 325 range ground vision at the center of the area during the effect delay and the field's duration.
- The silence is provided by an aura, which lingers for 0.5 seconds, or until the storm ends, whichever is shorter.
- Deals damage in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in 20 ( 28) damage instances.
- This is how much damage each interval deals (before reductions) on each level:
- Level 1: 2/5/7/10/12/15/17/20/22/25/27/30/32/35/37/40/42/45/47/50 ( /52/55/57/60/62/65/67/70) damage
- Level 2: 3/6/9/12/15/18/21/25/28/31/34/37/40/43/46/50/53/56/59/62 ( /65/68/71/75/78/81/84/87) damage
- Level 3: 3/7/11/15/18/22/26/30/33/37/41/45/48/52/56/60/63/67/71/75 ( /78/82/86/90/93/97/101/105) damage
- Can deal up to 520/648/780 ( 1008/1257/1512) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
|+4s Kinetic Field Duration||25||-10s Glimpse Cooldown|
|+4 Thunder Strike Hits||20||+180 Gold/Min|
|-3s Kinetic Field Cooldown||15||+150 Cast Range|
|+40 Thunder Strike Damage||10||+200 Health|
- Tango gives health sustain so that you can last longer in lane without going back to base.
- Healing Salve also restores health in lane.
- Clarity will allow Disruptor to maintain his mana pool in the laning stage. His mediocre base intelligence and static mana costs mean that casting spells in the early game will cost a disproportionately large amount of mana, so keeping it topped up in the early game can allow you to set up kills for your team more easily.
- Iron Branch is cheap, boosts Disruptor's low base attributes, as well as builds into Magic Wand or Mekansm.
- Animal Courier ferries items to Disruptor and teammates.
- Boots of Speed is important to get early on for Disruptor. Not only does it allow him to escape pursuing enemies more easily, the extra movement speed allows him to close in to cast Glimpse more reliably, as at early levels it has a low cast range.
- Magic Stick provides burst health and mana, important on any low-HP support who needs to regularly cast spells. A fully-charged Magic Stick allows Disruptor to cast any of his non-ultimate spells one more time even if he is completely out of mana.
- Arcane Boots is a strong boots upgrade for Disruptor, as his mediocre base intelligence and intelligence growth mean that his mana pool is not very strong until very late in the game. Increasing the size of his mana pool and giving him a way to replenish his mana allows him to always have the mana to cast what he needs, while the extra movement speed helps with positioning.
- Magic Wand is a good cheap upgrade to Magic Stick that provides all-around attributes and increased charge storage. Both are necessary if playing as a hard support.
- Mekansm is a strong item to have in any teamfight. Besides the burst area heal for teammates, the item provides all-around attributes as well as armor, increasing Disruptor's survivability.
- Observer Ward are crucial to have for any team, as they provide map vision and allow coordinated teams to make use of knowledge of the enemies' movements. Disruptor can greatly benefit from having vision over enemies, as Glimpse has an extremely long cast range at maximum level.
- Town Portal Scroll should always be carried no matter what hero is played. For Disruptor, being able to teleport to a gank or fight is extremely important as his powerful spells can turn engagements completely around.
- Force Staff is a good all-around item to pick up on low-farm supports like Disruptor. It is easier to build than Blink Dagger, and can be used to re-position himself, allies or enemies. The extra intelligence also gives Disruptor a bigger mana pool to work with.
- Urn of Shadows is a good utility item that gives Disruptor more flexibility and overall team contribution, as well as augmenting his ganking prowess. The item itself provides the same amount of strength as a Bracer, and a small amount of mana regeneration that helps maintain his mana pool. The active can be used to add more damage to a gank, or to heal teammates.
- Tranquil Boots are a cheap upgrade to Boots of Speed that provide Disruptor with survivability and mobility, useful for any hard support. The increased armor and passive health regeneration can ensure that Disruptor is almost always at full health, and increases his survivability against physical attacks. The increased movement speed allows him to position for casting spells more easily, allowing him to gank more effectively.
- Medallion of Courage is a helpful utility item. Besides giving Disruptor more armor and mana regeneration, the active can be used to reduce the armor of gank targets, making them easier to focus down after pinning them down with Glimpse and Kinetic Field, or can give an ally increased armor in a fight. It can also be targeted on Roshan to make claiming the Aegis of the Immortal easier.
- Aghanim's Scepter allows Static Storm to mute enemies, meaning that they cannot cast spells or use items, such as Black King Bar, as long as they are within its area of influence. Used properly, Disruptor can completely turn a fight to his team's advantage if he can catch the enemy unaware.
- Blink Dagger is very strong on Disruptor, as his minuscule cast animation allows him to cast his disables before most enemies are able to react. Blink Dagger allows him to close the distance instantly, giving the enemy even less chance to react.
- Pipe of Insight is a strong teamfight item that gives Disruptor survivability against magic nukes, increasing his survivability if enemy casters try to remove him from the field at the start of a fight. The active allows Disruptor to protect his team against magic nukes, giving them another edge in teamfights.
- Veil of Discord gives Disruptor good all-around attributes and additional armor. The active can increase the potency of Static Storm, and weakens enemies trapped by Kinetic Field for any teammates with powerful magic nukes.
- Sentry Wards are very powerful on Disruptor, as he is a ranged hero who possesses a vision spell. By using Kinetic Field on ward spots after placing a Sentry Ward, he can spot any enemy Observer Wards and destroy them with ease.
- Dust of Appearance should be regularly carried if enemies have invisibility spells that they can use to escape. In Disruptor's case, being able to spot invisible enemies allows him to target them with Glimpse, followed by Kinetic Field.
- Glimmer Cape has strong utility and increases Disruptor's flexibility. The active can be used to allow Disruptor to get closer to initiate on enemies, and allows him to provide the same benefit to allied initiators. It can also be used to protect teammates who are caught out of position, giving them tremendous resistance to magic nukes and allowing them to escape more easily if the enemy has no detection.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity gives Disruptor many strong benefits, offensively and defensively. The item improves his mana pool and gives him strong mana regeneration, while the movement speed increases his mobility, allowing him to position for his spells more easily. The active can be used on himself to dispel debuffs such as silences, or on enemies to immobilize them prior to casting Kinetic Field.
- Rod of Atos improves Disruptor's survivability and gives him more mana for casting his spells. The active's long cast range allows him to place a soft disable on enemies from a great distance, which can be followed up with Kinetic Field to further limit their movements. The low cooldown on Cripple and Kinetic Field allows Disruptor to use this combination on a very low turnaround time.
- Shiva's Guard gives Disruptor many powerful benefits. Besides the bigger mana pool and armor, the aura can hinder enemy physical attacks by reducing their attack speed, and the active can slow enemies' movement speed, which can make it easier to pen them in with Kinetic Field.
- Scythe of Vyse provides Disruptor with a hard disable, something he otherwise lacks. Besides the overall attribute improvement and significantly buffed casting ability, using Hex on a target will cut their movement speed down to almost the minimum while at the same time silencing and muting them, making it a good leading disable prior to using Kinetic Field and Static Storm.
- Guardian Greaves are a logical upgrade to already-purchased Arcane Boots and Mekansm, and provides Disruptor with additional teamfight contribution. The active restores both mana and HP at the same time, and can be used to purge debuffs off of Disruptor that may be hindering him from contributing to teamfights.
|Roles:||Support Disabler Nuker Initiator|
|Playstyle:||From upland Druud, the Stormcrafter known as Disruptor rides down on his stryder to meet those who threaten ancient Oglodi lands. On his back, he carries a device that lets him aim Thunder Strikes from the skies. The Stormcrafter teleports enemy heroes to an earlier location, and erects his Kinetic Field to confine them within a circular barrier. Magic dissipates inside Disruptor's Static Storm, leaving foes caught within no option but to await their own destruction.|
- When first released in DotA his hero title was actually "Far Seer" which is a hero title belonging to the Orc faction in Warcraft III. His title was changed to Disruptor, since the Far Seer title did not fit him.
- In DotA, his name and title is Thrall, the Disruptor. Thrall is best known as the former warchief of the Orcish Horde in the Warcraft universe. His name and title got changed to Disruptor, the Stormcrafter for copyright reasons.
- Disruptor's lore reveals that his race is called the Oglodi, while his voicelines confirm that Axe and Warlock are of the same race as he is.
- His kill response Play "You've been disrupted." is a reference to the famous AC-DC song "Thunderstruck".
- His last hitting response Play "So it goes." is a reference to a famous quote by Kurt Vonnegut in his book Slaughterhouse-Five, and is meant as a response for when death occurs.
- In Disruptors Splash art you can see the silhouette of Nyx Assassin in the background.