From Dota 2 Wiki
Disassembly is an action that can be performed on certain items.
- Items can't be disassembled while disabled, except for being muted.
- Items can be disassembled while the player is dead.
- Items can be disassembled from the stash.
- Disassembling items tries to fill your inventory or backpack first before dropping to the ground.
- Disassembling items auto-locks them from combining with other items. Use right click to unlock.
- Disassembling an item will only split it into the items used to create it; for example, if a is disassembled it will not disassemble the resultant or any further.
- All items, except for , and , can be disassembled within 10 seconds after they are combined. However, most items cannot be disassembled after these ten seconds have passed.
The following items can be disassembled at any time: