From Dota 2 Wiki
| Diffusal Blade|
|An enchanted blade that allows the user to cut straight into the enemy's soul.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 3.2 armor, 20 attack speed, 1% movement speed, 120 mana, 18% mana regen amplification and 0.7% spell damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 4 armor, 25 attack speed, 1.25% movement speed, 120 mana, 18% mana regen amplification, 0.7% spell damage and 20 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 3.2 armor, 20 attack speed, 1% movement speed, 150 mana, 22.5% mana regen amplification, 0.88% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- The slow decreases in 0.8 second intervals, so it slows for 100%/80%/60%/40%/20%, going one step down every 0.8 seconds.
- When cast on non-hero units, it roots the target for the initial 3 seconds, preventing it from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- The bonus damage is dealt in one instance together with the attack damage, and counts as attack damage as well.
- Effectively increases the owner's attack damage by 40 against units which have enough mana to burn.
- Effectively increases the attack damage of an illusion by 12.8/6.4 (melee/ranged) against units which have enough mana to burn.
- Applies the mana loss first, and then the damage.
- Does not work against allied units when attacking them.
- Mana Break from multiple Diffusal Blades does not stack. Does not stack with 's , but does stack with other sources.
Recommended heroesNaga Siren
- With Manabreak Naga Siren and all her s drain a total of 98 mana per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. The added agility also increases the damage of her illusions.
- Inhibit is also an effective slow for situations in which is not usable.
- In conjunction with , and , 14 illusions plus himself will deal a total of 274 Mana Burn per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. 306 if illusions are included.
- Inhibit complements his , providing a total of 7.25 seconds slow.
- The Manabreak + 20 agility will equate to 60 additional physical damage per attack.
- Inhibit can be used to slow heroes he attacked with , allowing him to get more hits from behind while chasing his target and keeping his target inside much longer.
- While channeling every enemy hit will be affected by Manabreak. This can prevent multiple enemy heroes from casting mana-heavy spells because they don't have enough mana left.
- Manabreak gives Illusions from an additional damage source. It also ensures that each enemy hero hit by her Haunt illusions has less mana available.
- Inhibit allows Spectre to slow enemies she catches with .
- The bonus attributes and the Manabreak ability make Diffusal Blade a cost-effective damage item on Agility carries.
Effective againstWraith King
- Manabreak can be used to drain Wraith King's mana, which results in him being unable to use when he dies (unless Wraith King buys a or chooses his manaless Reincarnation talent). Remember that Manabreak's effectiveness is tied to your own attack speed; if your hero has a slow attack speed, consider buying a or use to drain Wraith King's mana faster.
- Manabreak can deal more effective Damage against Medusa since it depletes her mana pool directly, so that blocks less damage.
- Combine it with a to get both of the most cost effective DPS items in the game, to burn mana much quicker with the attack speed and lifesteal from the mana burned. The active of the Diffusal Blade will slow your target to hit more.
- It is a good item combined with because illusions carry over Manabreak, increasing damage output. Combine this with (works on illusions if not consumed) to burn mana much quicker and increase DPS even more.
- The Diffusal movement slow allow to hit and run enemy melee heroes as ranged.
- If you are lacking any cheap spells to disable an enemy's , you can use Diffusal Blade to pop it out and use your other skills and items to completely disable the enemy.
- , , , and other items that grants attack speed makes mana burn much more effective.
- The Manabreak passive used to be called Feedback and got changed at some point without notification.