Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|An enchanted blade that allows the user to cut straight into the enemy's soul.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 3.2 armor, 20 attack speed, 1% movement speed, 120 mana, 0.5 mana regen and 0.7% spell damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 3.2 armor, 20 attack speed, 1% movement speed, 120 mana, 0.5 mana regen, 0.7% spell damage and 20 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 3.2 armor, 20 attack speed, 1% movement speed, 120 mana, 0.5 mana regen, 0.7% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- The slow decreases in 0.8 second intervals, so it slows for 100%/80%/60%/40%/20%, going one step down every 0.8 seconds.
- When cast on non-hero units, it roots the target for the initial 3 seconds, preventing it from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- The slow is still applied to the target, so that it still is slowed for the remaining duration once the root wears off.
- Does not provide True Sight over the target.
- The bonus damage is dealt in one instance together with the attack damage, and counts as attack damage as well.
- Effectively increases the owner's attack damage by 40 against units which have enough mana to burn.
- Effectively increases the attack damage of an illusion by 12.8/6.4 (melee/ranged) against units which have enough mana to burn.
- Applies the mana loss first, and then the damage.
- Does not work against allied units when attacking them.
- Mana Break from multiple Diffusal Blades does not stack. Does not stack with 's , but does stack with other sources.
- With Manabreak, Naga Siren and all her s drain a total of 98 mana per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. The added agility also increases the damage of her illusions.
- Inhibit is also an effective slow for situations in which is not usable.
- In conjunction with , and , 14 illusions plus himself will deal a total of 274 Mana Burn per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. 306 if illusions are included.
- Inhibit complements his and makes it even easier for his illusions to stick to and focus down targets.
- Burning mana with Manabreak is relatively easy for Phantom Lancer because he has so many illusions available. Even the 0%-damage illusion from burns mana.
- Inhibit keeps enemies in his longer, and can also be used on enemies caught with to increase his chasing potential.
- Inhibit may keep enemies inside 's area of effect, helping to achieve its full damage potential.
- Manabreak works with each attack, burning mana and dealing heavy damage.
- lets Riki benefit even more than usual from Diffusal's bonus agility.
- Manabreak gives Illusions from an additional damage source. It also ensures that, when she ults, the entire enemy team overall will have somewhat less mana available.
- Inhibit allows Spectre to slow enemies she catches with and keep them isolated for even longer.
- The above can also be further exploited with . and to find an enemy, Inhibit to keep them still, and illusions to burst them down with Manabreak and attacks.
- The bonus attributes and the Manabreak ability make Diffusal Blade a cost-effective damage item on agility carries in general.
- Because Wraith King requires mana to come back with his talent to make Reincarnation cost 0 mana. If you do need to drain his mana faster, consider buying more attack speed items and/or . , Manabreak can drain his mana pool before he dies and thus prevent it from ever activating. However, do note that Manabreak can be fully blocked by (a common purchase on Wraith King), and that Wraith King can learn
- Manabreak deals more effective Damage against Medusa because it depletes her mana pool directly; the sooner she runs out of mana, the sooner she will be unable to mitigate damage with her .
- Illusions use Manabreak at full effectiveness. Most illusions deal reduced damage; for example, Illusion Rune illusions have 35% damage output. However, this reduced damage output does not affect Manabreak abilities. Even an illusion that deals 0% damage will still burn mana on each attack (and deal damage based on the mana burned).
- Because of the way Manabreak interacts with illusions, Diffusal Blade is most common and most effective on heroes with easy access to them, such as Phantom Lancer.
- Similarly, this is also why Manta Style and Diffusal Blade are so commonly seen together: after picking up one of the two, the other becomes that much more effective and attractive to buy.
- The movement slow is an effective way to kite melee characters and can both increase your team's damage output vs them (by preventing them from running away and making it easier to hit them with spells), and reduce their damage output vs your team (by preventing them from getting close enough to hit anything).
- The movement slow can help your illusions and/or summoned units stick to their attack target.
- Can pop an enemy .
- Items that grant attack speed such as , , , and can help burn mana even quicker and thus (ideally) prevent more enemy spell casts than would be prevented otherwise.
- illusions make full use of Diffusal's Manabreak ability and can focus-fire the target of Diffusal's active movement slow.
- The Manabreak passive used to be called Feedback and got changed at some point without notification.