From Dota 2 Wiki
| Diffusal Blade|
|An enchanted blade that allows the user to cut straight into the enemy's soul.|
- One Diffusal Blade grants a total of 3.33 armor, 20 attack speed, 120 mana, 20% mana regen amplification and 0.71% spell damage.
- The slow decreases in 0.8 second intervals, so it slows for 100%/80%/60%/40%/20%, going one step down every 0.8 seconds.
- When cast on non-hero units, it roots the target for the initial 3 seconds, preventing it from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- The damage is directly added to the owner's attack damage.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Effectively increases the owner's attack damage by 40 against units which have enough mana to burn.
- Effectively increases the attack damage of an illusion by 12.8/6.4 (melee/ranged) against units which have enough mana to burn.
- Applies the mana loss first, and then the damage.
- Does not work against allied units when attacking them.
Recommended heroesNaga Siren
- With Manabreak Naga Siren and all her Mirror Images drain a total of 98 mana per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. The added agility also increases the damage of her illusions.
- Inhibit is also an effective slow for situations in which Ensnare is not usable.
- In conjunction with Juxtapose, Spirit Lance and Doppelganger, 14 illusions plus Phantom Lancer himself will deal a total of 274 Mana Burn per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. 306 if Manta Style illusions are included.
- Inhibit complements his Spirit Lance, providing a total of 7.25 seconds slow.
- The Manabreak + 20 agility will equate to 65 additional physical damage per attack.
- Inhibit can be used to slow heroes he attacked with Blink Strike, allowing him to get more hits from behind while chasing his target and keeping his target inside Smoke Screen much longer.
- While channeling Tricks of the Trade every enemy hit will be affected by Manabreak. This can prevent multiple enemy heroes from casting mana-heavy spells because they don't have enough mana left.
- Manabreak gives Illusions from Haunt an additional damage source. It also ensures that each enemy hero hit by her Haunt illusions has less mana available.
- Inhibit allows Spectre to slow enemies she catches with Reality.
- The bonus attributes and the Manabreak ability make Diffusal Blade a cost-effective damage item on Agility carries.
Effective againstWraith King
- Manabreak can be used to drain Wraith King's mana, which results in him being unable to use Reincarnation when he dies (unless Wraith King buys a Black King Bar or chooses his manaless Reincarnation talent). Remember that Manabreak's effectiveness is tied to your own attack speed; if your hero has a slow attack speed, consider buying a Manta Style or use Necronomicon to drain Wraith King's mana faster.
- Manabreak can deal more effective Damage against Medusa since it depletes her mana pool directly, so that Mana Shield blocks less damage.
- Combine it with a Mask of Madness to get both of the most cost effective DPS items in the game, to burn mana much quicker with the attack speed and lifesteal from the mana burned. The active of the Diffusal Blade will slow your target to hit more.
- It is a good item combined with Manta Style because illusions carry over Manabreak, increasing damage output. Combine this with Moon Shard (works on illusions if not consumed) to burn mana much quicker and increase DPS even more.
- The Diffusal movement slow allow to hit and run enemy melee heroes as ranged.
- If you are lacking any cheap spells to disable an enemy's Linken's Sphere, you can use Diffusal Blade to pop it out and use your other skills and items to completely disable the enemy.
- Moon Shard, Assault Cuirass, Mask of Madness, and other items that grants attack speed makes mana burn much more effective.
- The Manabreak passive used to be called Feedback and got changed at some point without notification.