From Dota 2 Wiki
|A wicked weapon, used in torturing political criminals.|
- Successive attacks with Desolator do not stack the debuff, but refresh the duration instead.
- The attacks first apply the debuff, then their own damage.
- Replaces the projectile particle of ranged heroes with a red projectile.
- Fully stacks with the Lesser Corruption of Blight Stone.
- Desolator amplifies both the physical damage from Searing Arrows and Clinkz's regular attacks.
- Desolator greatly increases Legion Commander's damage output when she has bonus damage from previously won Duels.
- Desolator amplifies the percentage-based physical damage from Feast.
- Desolator's armor reduction causes enemies to take heavy damage from Howl and Feral Impulse's attack bonuses, as well as from Lycan's summons.
- Desolator increases the damage from Boundless Strike.
- Desolator's armor reduction also works on soldiers spawned by Wukong's Command, allowing Monkey King to debuff numerous opponents during teamfights.
- Desolator's armor reduction greatly increases the critical damage from Coup de Grace, making it more likely to kill an opponent with just a few hits.
- Desolator's armor reduction stacks well with the armor reduction from Eye of the Storm.
- Desolator's armor reduction stacks well with the armor reduction from Presence of the Dark Lord.
- Desolator's armor reduction stacks with the armor reduction from Meld, rendering an opponent extremely vulnerable after Templar Assassin's first hit.
- Desolator works well with Geminate Attack, with each proc acting like a small burst of damage.
- Desolator's armor reduction stacks with the armor reduction from The Swarm's beetles.
- Desolator works well with Focus Fire, allowing Windranger to quickly take down individual targets as well as buildings.
- Desolator increases the damage from Mortal Strike.
- Bounty Hunter sometimes buys a Desolator to land one hard hit on enemies with Jinada, debuffing them in teamfights before retreating.
- Juggernaut sometimes opts for a Desolator to reduce an opponents armor before using Omnislash.
- Nature's Prophet's low damage benefits from Desolator's armor reduction.
- Slardar can stack the armor reduction from Corrosive Haze with Desolator's.
- Tusk hits exceptionally hard with Walrus PUNCH! after Desolator's armor reduction.
- Ursa's damage through Fury Swipes is greatly increased with Desolator's armor reduction.
- Vengeful Spirit's armor reduction from Wave of Terror and Medallion of Courage stack well with Desolator.
- Corruption works against buildings, making it a great pushing tool. Split-pushing heroes can benefit a lot from it, allowing them to take towers down much quicker.
- The Corruption debuff lasts quite long, so sometimes it is better to get the debuff on multiple enemies, instead of focusing only one target in team fights.
- This item works well in combination with critical strike items and abilities, such as Mortal Strike and Daedalus.
- This item was named "Stygian Desolator" in DotA, a reference to an item from Anarchy Online.