|is a powerful spell-caster, who has wide Area of Effect (AoE) spells which specialize in pushing lanes and also devastating enemy defensive towers quickly in order to enter their enemy base, to gain victory within a short period of time. can devastate towers in a short period of time, while also being a great ability for teamfights. To keep herself alive, she can use and to remain active while still dealing damage.|
Death Prophet's main role is usually a pusher. With the combination of low cooldown Crypt Swarm spam can quickly clear waves of creeps and Exorcism allows her to destroy towers quickly to push the lanes faster. She can be paired up with other pusher heroes that can summon units like Nature's Prophet'sTreant, Enigma's Eidolons, Broodmother's Spiderlings etc. which can devastate enemy towers and barracks quickly.
Tank / Support
Death Prophet also can be played as a sub-tank or support-tank. A focus on health boosting and defensive items will help her to survive, allowing Exorcism to last longer during team fights. Furthermore she also can use Spirit Siphon as pseudo-lifesteal on single or multiple enemies which makes her harder to kill.
|Generic Death Prophet|
|+150 Cast Range||15||+0.8% Max Health|
|+12% Magic Resistance||10||+30 Damage|
- The cast range talent also affects the max distance of and the link break distance of .
- The magic resistance talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The magic resistance talent increases Death Prophet's magic resistance to 34%.
- This attack damage talent is added as raw attack damage, so it does not benefit illusions, and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
Tips & Tactics
- Death Prophet is best played in the middle lane, easily farming up gold for her items with careful use of Crypt Swarm. Be cautious though as pushing too much with the area damage can leave Death Prophet open to ganks, from which her only means of defense is Spirit Siphon, which is never guaranteed to ensure her survival.
- All of Death Prophet's spells are area of effect, excluding Spirit Siphon. This means they cannot block Death Prophet's spell with . While Spirit Siphon can be negated by it, you can use extra charges to cast it again afterwards.
- Although Death Prophet has high base movement speed, she lacks escape abilities. One hard disable can bring you down if there is no reinforcements nearby.
- In a large clash, Death Prophet should be swooping around silencing and nuking enemy supports while eroding their health with Exorcism. Carries almost unfailingly have higher armor than supports, and since Exorcism is physical damage, her damage potential is highest when she focuses on the supports.
- Given her above-average base movement speed and , Death Prophet moves extremely fast and can often avoid damage simply by being faster than her aggressor. A is also a common pickup on her and increases her movement speed to phenomenal levels. Death Prophet tends to chase people around a lot with Exorcism, so high movement speed is a must and can also help the spirits damage enemies around Death Prophet while she is safe.
- Coordinated teams will often focus Death Prophet first to avoid being overwhelmed by Exorcism. It′s imperative to be cautious about your positioning so your Spirit Siphon and Exorcism can ramp up in damage. Teammates with strong defensive abilities or items should focus on keeping you alive wherever possible.
- Crypt Swarm is a very powerful area of effect nuke which damages enemies in a cone-shaped area. Its power falls off later in the game, but it can still clear creep waves with two uses, between which the cooldown should be very short at that point.
- The target range of Crypt Swarm is 600 but it can travel up to 1110 range maximum, do not hesitate to harass laning enemy heroes to force them to retreat to their defensive towers.
- Crypt Swarm is a dual sided target ability that can be targeted both onto a unit or the ground. Usually it is much easier to target the ground due to the short casting range of the spell.
- Crypt Swarm can be used to kill enemy lane creeps with ease, as well as to prevent the enemy from denying them as the damage is higher than any hero's basic attacks during the early game. At the same time it can harass the enemy hero with some clever positioning.
- Although Crypt Swarm has large area of effect, some enemy heroes can easily avoid Crypt Swarm by just looking at your long cast animation. Mid heroes like (using ) or (using ) can easily nullify your damage.
- Since Crypt Swarm has a low cooldown and is also spamable, though as the skill level goes higher, the mana consumption will increase as well. Try to maintain your mana by avoiding careless use of the ability in the laning phrase.
- Crypt Swarm is typically maxed first as it is a very strong AoE nuke with low cooldown, followed by Spirit Siphon, which helps her sustain in lane and survive teamfights.
- Silence is a powerful utility disable which prevent enemies from casting spells for up to 6 seconds at max level.
- Silence has a nice long 900 cast range which can safely be cast at far distances and also has a big 425 area of effect, try to silence as many heroes as possible. The long range silence are also great to cancel powerful channeling ultimate abilities such as , , and , provided that they are not affected by spell immunity.
- Some players might take one level of Silence during laning phase or early team fights, especially when facing hard spellcaster heroes that interrupt your actions, so she can secure a kill easily.
- Remember that Silence can be dispelled by enemies, smart players can purchase dispel items such as , , , to remove the silence debuff. But silence is also a great way to forcing them to activate if they have it inside their inventory, so they will use it to dispel Silence, making them less protection during team fights.
- Silence also good against those self powerful buff heroes like 's , and 's which requires their spell to cast, just make sure that you inflict them with silence before they cast it.
- Put a single point in Silence early if the enemy is reliant on spell casting, such as , or .
- Spirit Siphon that drains the enemy's health and movement speed to sustain and buff Death Prophet during team fights.
- The sprite animation of Spirit Siphon works similar to 's . Unlike Pugna, she can move freely during drain until the target enemy moves outside of the break range of 750, the drain duration ends or the enemy dies. Drain and healing will continue even if the target or Death Prophet becomes disabled or invulnerable. Smart players can predict enemies movement with slow animation disables like or to recover the damage taken.
- The health drain scales with the target enemy's max HP. The more HP that enemy is, the more health you will be drain. Although health drain scales with the enemy's max HP, the damage type is magical which is reduced by magic resistance.
- Death Prophet can use Spirit Siphon on creeps but not .
- Spirit Siphon is a charge-based spell like 's that can store up to 4 charges at max level. Besides level 1, you can cast on a single enemy after the duration finishes and cast it again without waiting for a cooldown unless you had one charge left.
- Spirit Siphon can be cast on multiple targets at once, provided enough charges are available, allowing Death Prophet to replenish health very rapidly if she is standing in the middle of the enemy team.
- Exorcism is a fantastic pushing ultimate that can easily take down towers and Roshan if left unhindered. Fighting into an activated Exorcism is quite dangerous as well, which means hindering her is not easy.
- Always remember Exorcism's damage is physical, hence, armor reduction increases its damage. Focusing on targets with low armor (intelligence and many strength heroes) yields the best result of Exorcism. That said, its damage is a threat even to targets with very high armor, and those carrying a Black King Bar.
- The Exorcism spirits have a travel time and after each attack must return to Death Prophet. The closer you stand to a target, the less the spirits have to travel, thus dealing more overall damage.
- Use Exorcism as early as it is practically possible for clashes, as the sooner it is cast the sooner her spirits will return and heal her. Her spirits will easily harvest enough life to restore her HP entirely, and the conclusion of her ultimate can save Death Prophet' life; as well as severely endanger the lives of her adversaries as she returns to battle with full health.
- allows Death Prophet to keep using Crypt Swarm.
- provides health regeneration to keep Death Prophet in lane.
- also restores health.
- gives intelligence that boosts mana pool and attack damage to last hit; Death Prophet can use it with Tango to heal more.
- ganking early. allows Death Prophet to be more efficient at
- is generally good to pick up because even minimum charges can mean the difference between casting a spell or not.
- increases Death Prophet's mana pool, as well as giving some extra health and damage.
- should almost always be picked up on Death Prophet due to Death Prophet's strong synergy with movement speed.
- is a fairly inexpensive upgrade to the early and that provides an extra heal.
- is an amazing item on Death Prophet because it gives movement speed, mana, and a way to disable an enemy or herself. When paired with Exorcism, Death Prophet can be kept out of combat while her spirits do massive damage to enemies.
- gives Death Prophet bonus damage and sustain for a relatively cheap cost, lessening her dependence on Exorcism.
- is essential item for Death Prophet because it heals her through spell lifesteal and reduces cooldowns. It also gives her enough mana to sustain during teamfight.
- gives a boost to HP as well as the ability to get in the middle of team fights, giving Exorcism the most damage potential.
- gives good attribute boosts for the price as well as even more movement and attack speed for her team, and generally should have one person buy this item on your team in almost any situation because the buff can win team fights.
- intelligence gain makes casting not too taxing on her effectiveness in team fights. and are also nice early game items to have to make her more survivable. is a great pick up because Crypt Swarm allows Death Prophet to flash farm, allowing her to build the Mekansm quickly, and her high
- is a notable pick up because of the health regeneration as well as magic resistance, and when paired with , Death Prophet can turn around a losing fight, or create a strong initiation.
- can be used after Exorcism is cast to deal great amount of damage while Death Prophet positions itself without being noticed.
- slows and makes Exorcism do a lot more damage to a single target, as well as providing mana regeneration, armor, and attributes, which Death Prophet wants.
- dispel, damage reduction, status resistance, and bonus health. keeps Death Prophet alive during Exorcism with strong
- allow global presence as well as a more reliable escape than .
- gives Death Prophet another nuke, as well as a larger mana pool and a lot of armor, both of which she needs.
- gives a full disable as well as a larger mana pool.
- allows Death Prophet to stay in team-fights near indefinitely when paired with .
- is fairly easy for Death Prophet to farm because of Crypt Swarm being a fast farming tool, and her ability to take towers in seconds with Exorcism. Assault Cuirass gives a lot of armor and attack speed to herself and her team, as well as reducing the enemy's armor, allowing Exorcism to do even more damage in engagements and pushes.
- improves Death Prophet's damage output and lessens the strain on her mana pool. Can be built into for better survivability or for better chasing.
- gives bonus stats, keeps enemies within range of Death Prophet's spells, and makes it easier to land Silence.