- 's debuff affects Death Prophet even while she's affected by .
- lowers her magic resistance and her kiting potential.
- prevents Death Prophet from gaining health from Spirit Siphon and Exorcism.
- Death Prophet has a high mana pool and due to her heavy reliance on her spells, she will be a prime target for .
- Death Prophet has less mobility than Anti-Mage due to .
- can stop Death Prophet from casting spells, which makes her useless during team fights if she didn't cast Exorcism before the fight. Furthermore, Doom can use to chase after her.
- is a great initiation to kill Death Prophet before she can cast Exorcism. Furthermore, Legion Commander often builds and can reflect Exorcism's damage to kill Death Prophet easily.
- reduces Death Prophet's movement speed, keeping her in range.
- nullifies the physical damage from Exorcism.
- , , and can hit hard in the early stages of the game, and due to Shadow Fiend's high attack damage, most of Death Prophet's last hits will be denied in the laning phase. Additionally, can deal massive damage or kill Death Prophet at the start of team fights in combination with or .
- Generally, without Exorcism, Death Prophet can contribute very little during teamfights, especially when she has been silenced, hexed or is focused down.
- is another good hero to shutdown Death Prophet with as his core item. His stops her from initiating and casting spells.
- Heroes that can kill Death Prophet with nukes can prevent her from using Exorcism to its full duration or using it at all: , , , .
- can reflect Exorcism's damage when active. Since Exorcism will continue to do damage as long as it is active or until you are dead there is no way to stop someone from using 's active to harm you using your spirits.
- and can temporarily stop Death Prophet from casting spells, which renders Death Prophet useless during fights.
- can slow her down and drain her mana while attacking.
- , , , can easily dispel Death Prophet's silence.
- His low mobility tends to make him an easy target for Spirit Siphon and the ghosts from Exorcism.
- His magical nukes can also be healed with Spirit Siphon.
- Silence is great against any spellcaster, and Zeus is no exception to this.
- Quas-Exort Invoker is also a good matchup due to the fact he has no to run faster due to the movement impairment on his stealth. The and combo doesn't harm her as well since you can drain Invoker's HP with Spirit Siphon which forces him to retreat.
- Silence also prevents Invoker from using cyclone himself or has help from allies. or casting his main spells temporarily. There is no way Invoker can block it unless he has to
- While Morphling can burst her down with , Death Prophet does have tools to disrupt him. A Morphling affected by makes it unable to use to increase its health pool or use to escape.
- Because Timbersaw relies heavily on his spells to deal damage, Silence can easily disable him in a team fight.
- Exorcism's spirits do not count as regular attacks, and will not add stacks of .
- Exorcism can quickly kill any Treants or Necronomicon units. Silence also prevents him from using to escape or to lock you down.
- In early to mid stage, Silence is also a great way to counter escape oriented heroes such as , , and to prevent them from escaping, provided that they don't have any basic dispels.
- High health heroes like strength by using abilities. Focusing them with Spirit Siphon can let you heal more health and deal more damage to them. and gain
Works well with...
- disables enemies and allows Death Prophet to deal a lot of damage with Exorcism. It can be used as counter-initiation if Death Prophet is focused first in teamfights.
- allows Death Prophet to deal a lot of damage with Exorcism. Even if Death Prophet is caught inside the Chronosphere, the spirits will still continue to move and do damage.
- Heroes with strong defensive abilities ( , , etc.) can help Death Prophet survive longer to deal more damage and even heal herself when Exorcism ends.
- Initiators with large AoE crowd control effects are fantastic with Death Prophet as they keep enemies still for Exorcism. The spirits from Exorcism are also capable of taking down towers quickly so she works well with others who are also capable of pushing quickly and destroying buildings.
- Heroes with abilities to summon units such as , or able to control neutral creeps such as , also are a great way to help Death Prophet push and destroy enemy buildings.