Krobelus, the Death Prophet, is a ranged intelligence hero who excels at pushing lanes. She is often played in the mid lane, since her Crypt Swarm gives her strong magic damage that can be spammed to her heart's content. As she levels her ultimate, Exorcism, Death Prophet can deal a huge amount of damage to towers and heroes alike, while healing at the end of the duration. If Exorcism's own heal isn't enough, she still has Spirit Siphon which drains health based on the target's health and can even be used on multiple targets at the same time. Finally, her Silence gives her a powerful tool to disable enemy casters and heroes that rely on escape abilities. Because she can deal large amounts of damage over time with her ultimate and Crypt Swarm, Death Prophet is mostly built as a tank, to ensure she can continue to stay in the fight.
- When targeting a unit, the Crypt Swarm is released towards its current location upon cast.
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- Applies a debuff on enemies within the area on cast. Entering or leaving the area afterwards has no effect.
- The link breaks only when the target gets out of range or dies.
- The health restored on Death Prophet is independent from the actual amount of damage dealt.
- This means even if the target takes no damage at all, Death Prophet still gets healed.
- Drains 3.5 + 0.25%/0.625%/1%/1.375% ( 0.5%/0.875%/1.25%/1.625%) of the enemy's max health in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in 24 instances.
- Can drain up to 84 + 6%/15%/24%/33% ( 12%/21%/30%/39%) of the enemy's max health when the link lasts its full duration (before reductions).
- When cast on a unit Death Prophet is currently attacking, she continues attacking it after cast, regardless of auto-attack settings.
- Cannot be cast on units which already are affected by Spirit Siphon.
- When cast on multiple units, Death Prophet does get healed from each.
- Does not provide vision over the target. However, the link does not break upon losing vision.
- When losing vision over the target, the link visually draws to the location where the target was seen last time.
- Cannot be cast on .
- The spirits move at a speed of 500. They wander within 700 radius around Death Prophet. They can only turn by moving in about 150 radius arcs.
- Spirits spawn at Death Prophet's location in 0.3 second intervals, first being released immediately on cast, so it takes 2.1/4.5/6.9 ( 4.5/6.9/9.3) seconds for all spirits to be released.
- The acquisition radius specifies the area around Death Prophet where spirits acquire an attack target automatically.
- Each spirit chooses its target at random. When acquiring a target, it sticks to that unit until it is dead or out of range.
- Can acquire and attack units in the Fog of War, but not invisible or invulnerable units.
- However, if their target turns invulnerable, they still keep attacking it.
- The spirits prioritize attacking the target that Death Prophet is attacking.
- The spirits can attack units which take a certain number of attacks to get killed, but deal no damage to them.
- The attacks of the spirits are not regular attacks, so they fully ignore things like evasion and damage block.
- This also means that they cannot trigger the on-attack effects of , and or break enemy .
- The spirits have to return to Death Prophet after each attack they make before being able to attack their target again.
- When a spirit acquires a target, it chases it up to 1200 range away from Death Prophet.
- When a spirit gets 2000 range away from Death Prophet, it disappears and a new spirit spawns from Death Prophet.
- The spirits are not units and cannot be interacted with, or affected by anything in any way.
- The heal happens once a spirit returns to Death Prophet at the end of the duration and is based on 25% of their attack damage multiplied by the amount of attacks the spirit did.
- This means that it does not matter how much damage they actually dealt, the heal is calculated before the damage is reduced by armor or other sources.
- Recasting Exorcism causes the previous cast to end prematurely, making the spirits start returning to Death Prophet and heal her.
|+150 Cast Range||15||+1% Max Health|
|+12% Magic Resistance||10||+50 Damage|
- The cast range talent also affects the max distance of and the link break distance of .
- The magic resistance talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The magic resistance talent increases Death Prophet's magic resistance to 34%.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- potions allow Death Prophet to cast Crypt Swarm consecutively.
- and provide enough early-game regeneration to keep Death Prophet in lane.
- and give larger mana pool and sufficient boost to last hitting power.
- Ganking early. allows Death Prophet to be more efficient at
- is generally good to pick up because even minimum charges can mean the difference between casting a spell or not.
- provides a cheap upgrade to the early that invaluably increases Death Prophet's mana pool, as well as giving some extra health and damage.
- should almost always be picked up on Death Prophet due to Death Prophet's strong synergy with movement speed.
- is a fairly inexpensive upgrade to the early es and that provides an extra potential 75 burst heal.
- is an amazing item on Death Prophet because it gives movement speed, mana, and a way to disable an enemy or herself. When paired with Exorcism, Death Prophet can be kept out of combat while her spirits do massive damage to enemies.
- is essential item for Death Prophet because it heals her through spell lifesteal and reduces cooldowns. It also gives her enough mana to sustain during teamfight.
- gives a boost to HP as well as the ability to get in the middle of team fights, giving Exorcism the most damage potential.
- gives good attribute boosts for the price as well as even more movement and attack speed for her team, and generally should have one person buy this item on your team in almost any situation because the buff can win team fights.
- intelligence gain makes casting not too taxing on her effectiveness in team fights. and are also nice early game items to have to make her more survivable. is a great pick up because Crypt Swarm allows Death Prophet to flash farm, allowing her to build the Mekansm quickly, and her high
- is a notable pick up because of the health regeneration as well as the spell shield, and when paired with , Death Prophet can turn around a losing fight, or create a strong initiation.
- can be used after Exorcism is cast to deal great amount of damage while Death Prophet positions itself without being noticed.
- makes Exorcism do a lot more damage to a single target, as well as providing mana regeneration, armor, and evasion, which Death Prophet wants.
- dispel, damage reduction, status resistance, and bonus health. keeps Death Prophet alive during Exorcism with strong
- allow global presence as well as a more reliable escape than .
- is a powerful item for Death Prophet because most of her damage comes from her spells, also her strong team-fight presence allows her to quickly accumulate charges.
- gives Death Prophet another nuke, as well as a larger mana pool and a lot of armor, both of which she needs.
- gives a full disable as well as a larger mana pool.
- allows Death Prophet to stay in team-fights near indefinitely when paired with .
- is fairly easy for Death Prophet to farm because of Crypt Swarm being a fast farming tool, and her ability to take towers in seconds with Exorcism. Assault Cuirass gives a lot of armor and attack speed to herself and her team, as well as reducing the enemy's armor, allowing Exorcism to do even more damage in engagements and pushes.
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Nuker Disabler|
|Playstyle:||Denied her own death time and again, Krobelus returns from the grave with skills acquired from the beyond. Gathering a Crypt Swarm, she sends forth a flock of winged beasts to harass the living. A pall of Silence falls over the land, stifling any objection as she Spirit Siphons her enemies dry. Mortals beware. The Death Prophet performs an Exorcism, unleashing the banshee remnants of her previous lives to turn the battlefield into her own haunted ground.|
- At some point, she, along with and , had her costume and ability color palettes changed. Before, Death Prophet's garments and ability icons were more purple in color.
- Her Witchcraft ability icon shows a pentacle, a symbol that became associated with magic in the Middle Ages and traditionally used in witchcraft.
The International 2014 artwork