Dazzle, the Shadow Priest
Each young acolyte to the Dezun order must complete a series of rites before becoming a shadow priest. The final rite, the rite of shades, is a harrowing spiritual journey through the Nothl Realm, an unpredictable domain from which not all visitants return. Of those who do, some return mad. Others return with strange aptitudes. But all who go there are changed by their experiences. Driven by the need for enlightenment, Dazzle was the youngest of his tribe ever to request the sacred ritual. At first the order refused him, saying he was too young. But Dazzle was not to be dissuaded. Sensing something special in the headstrong young acolyte, the elders relented. Dazzle drank down the sacred potion and sat by the fire while the rest of his tribe danced through the night. In this ethereal dimension of the Nothl Realm, the properties of light and dark are inverted. Thus his brilliant healing light, beautiful to our eye, is actually a sinister kind of evil; and the darkest deeds are done in a dazzling glow. The elders' intuition was prophetic: Dazzle returned to his people as a Shadow Priest like none seen before, with the power to heal as well as to destroy. Now he uses his gift to fight his enemies and help his friends.
Coming from similar backgrounds, Huskar considers Dazzle a cousin. Despite this, he resents him for bringing him back from the Nothl Realm.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Dazzle
- Play r Dazzle, no foe would be pleased to see us two together.
- Play r The powers of ill reprieve are joined in us, Dazzle.
- Play r Your Nothl darkness is impressive, Dazzle. But I can show you darker still.
- Play Play r Dazzle: you keep me alive and I'll keep knockin' em in the dirt.
- Play Play r Alright Shadow Priest, try to keep up!
Enemies meeting Dazzle
- Play Play r Alright Dazzle, show me what you got.
Enemies killing Dazzle
- Play You can't heal being dead.
- Play Dear Dazzle, let me deepen your grave.
- Play Will you join me in the grave, Dazzle?
- Play Oh Shadow Priest, you're so shallow.
- Play Your time in the shade of Nothl must have blinded you, Dazzle.
- Play Play Never trust a wizard.
- Play Two legged freak!
- Play Play Just what did you think such darkness would bring you, Dazzle?
- Play Play r What are you gonna do? Heal me to death? Huh!
- Play Dazzle? More like Duhzzle.
- Play True healing does not come from darkness, Dazzle.
- Play Not so dazzling in death.
- Play No suffering is enough for you.
- Play Return to your Nothl Realm.
Enemies dying to Dazzle
- Play Dazzle, is that any way to treat your cousin?
- Play r A vision by fate vouchsafed I have, of five braves buried in a shallow grave.
- Play Play Swords and sorcery!
- ↑ Huskar response: Play Dazzle, is that any way to treat your cousin?
- ↑ Monkey King response: Play You and Dazzle should really just have a drink and hug it out.