- negates healing from Shadow Wave, and lasts longer than Shallow Grave.
- kills any target under the health threshold, even through Shallow Grave.
- grants Axe lots of armor, which helps mitigate all of Dazzle's spells, as they deal physical damage. However, Dazzle's spells do deal good damage on Axe whenever he is trying to clear a creep wave. getting amongst creeps and getting hit by Shadow Wave. Besides, as Poison Touch stacks and Bad Juju will decrease Axe's armor, Dazzle will fair well against him if he is allowed to cast repeatedly.
- 's illusions can easily walk straight at Dazzle and attack him, due to Dazzle's lack of reliable AoE nukes or disables.
- roots Dazzle or his allies, making it harder to stay range of Dazzle's saving abilities.
- can be used to initiate a fight with superior positioning, potentially zoning Dazzle's high-impact spells out of the fight.
is a versatile nuisance:
- If it is cast on a low-enough-health unit at least 1 second into Shallow Grave's duration, the Shallow Grave will end during the imprisonment, and the target will take lethal damage when released.
- It can be used remove Dazzle from the fight at a time he could have saved someone.
- It lets himself or an ally dodge all of Poison Touch's effects, for long enough to recover their .
- and conjures too many illusions for Dazzle to deal with, given he has no inherent movement- or AoE-abilities.
- and allow Phantom Lancer to trivially catch Dazzle even in the back line of a fight.
- Phantom Lancer has high base armor which counters Dazzle's physcial damage based spells in lane.
- A well-timed dispel the silence are expensive, and difficult for Dazzle to farm from a support role. prevents Dazzle from saving allies with Shallow Grave or Shadow Wave. Items that could
- and cause long damage over time, which may outlast Shallow Grave.
- Dazzle is weak against summons (especially ranged ones) because of Shadow Wave's unreliability as an area nuke.
- 's , , and huge AoE silence can fare well against Dazzle.
- Some heroes with extreme range, like , or , can snipe your allies from anywhere after your Grave has expired.
- Heroes with high burst damage through their physical attacks or spells can kill Dazzle or his allies before he has a chance to use Shallow Grave. ( , , etc.)
- silence Dazzle, either to kill him or block his spells in critical moments. This forces Dazzle to spend his meager support farm on expensive Eul's Scepter, Lotus Orb, or Guardian Greaves. and can
- and burn Dazzle's mana quickly, rendering him useless.
- along with other quick nukes can snipe low-health allies before Shallow Grave's long cast animation completes.
can be used to
- Cyclone an enemy affected by Shallow Grave, wasting a large part of the duration, and giving time to zone Dazzle away so he can't help any more
- Cyclone Dazzle at a crucial point, preventing him from helping his allies
- kill an almost-dead enemy who has been Shallow Graved, thanks to the small 50 damage inflicted on landing.
- Shadow Wave will hit Clockwerk every time when he's fighting with an enemy inside .
- Due to Clockwerk's steady damage output, Dazzle has plenty of time to Shallow Grave anyone Clockwerk initiates on.
- Saving an ally from
is easy with Shallow Grave, which may even give them time to kill Legion Commander and earn the Duel bonus damage.
- Knowing this however, better players will always wait until Shallow Grave was used before Dueling, or will always jump Dazzle first.
is very predictable and gives you plenty of time to react with Shallow Grave: just keep a close eye on allies below 50% health.
- However, be careful to Shadow Wave that ally immediately after, or they will die of when the Shallow Grave ends!
- Venomancer's damage-over-time abilities are easier to heal through with numerous Shadow Waves than other types of damage, and it's simple to time a Shallow Grave until the last possible second to save a teammate from them.
- Shallow Grave and is a reliable escape if the enemy does not have a stun to interrupt channeling.
- Dazzle, in general, does well in lane against any solo strength hero with low armor.
Works well with...
- Shallow Grave can guarantee Brewmaster gets to use .
- The damage nuke from Shadow Wave is amplified per unit, which maximum damage is trivially achievable on a target surrounded by ' summons.
- Huskar is at his most effective on low health, and Dazzle is the best option for keeping him safe in that state. A well-timed Shallow Grave can turn a teamfight from the worst odds, and combined with magic resistance from Huskar's passives makes him extremely difficult to kill.
- Shallow Grave prevents Meepo's greatest weakness: getting one of Meepo bursted down quickly with single-target damage.
- Shadow Wave can heal all 5 Meepos at once, and deals formidable nuke damage to any enemy they are clustered around.
- spawns 3 illusions at level one, allowing for a massive Shadow Wave nuke even at the very start of the game.
- 's armor reduction further increases the effectiveness of your spells, which all deal physical damage.
- By using Shadow Wave on Phantom Lancer and his illusions from , and can deal massive damage to anyone in the vicinity.
- Heroes with summons like , , or the ability to convert neutrals such as or all provide possibilities for a healbomb.
- Illusion heroes do not only amplify the damage output of the healbomb, but also help to keep the illusion source at high health. Namely , , , or .
- Minus armor strats often combine Dazzle with heroes that rely on armor reduction and deal heavy physical damage such as , or . Shadow Wave deals massive physical damage and all physical damage gets further amplified by Bad Juju.