From Dota 2 Wiki
- Culling Blade kills any target under the health threshold, even through Shallow Grave.
- Counter Helix deals pure damage, bypassing Weave's armor boost.
- Berserker's Call grants Axe lots of armor, which helps mitigate all of Dazzle's spells, as they deal physical damage.
- A well-timed Global Silence prevents Dazzle from saving allies with Shallow Grave or Shadow Wave. Items that could dispel the silence are expensive, and difficult for Dazzle to farm from a support role.
- Glaives of Wisdom deals pure damage, circumventing Weave's armor boost.
- Arcane Curse and Last Word cause long damage over time, which may outlast Shallow Grave.
- Ice Blast negates healing from Shadow Wave, and lasts longer than Shallow Grave.
- Chilling Touch adds magical damage to allied attacks, which bypasses Weave's armor boost.
- Arcane Orb deals pure damage, bypassing Weave's armor boost, and lets Outworld Devourer steal huge amounts of intelligence even when hitting heroes affected by Shallow Grave.
- Astral Imprisonment is a versatile nuisance:
- If it is cast on a low-enough-health unit at least 1 second into Shallow Grave's duration, the Shallow Grave will end during the imprisonment, and the target will take lethal damage when released.
- It can be used remove Dazzle from the fight at a time he could have saved someone.
- It lets himself or an ally dodge all of Poison Touch's effects, for long enough to recover their Blink Dagger.
- Mirror Image's illusions can easily walk straight at Dazzle and attack him, due to Dazzle's lack of reliable AoE nukes or disables.
- Ensnare roots Dazzle or his allies, making it harder to stay range of Dazzle's saving abilities.
- Song of the Siren can be used to initiate a fight with superior positioning, potentially zoning Dazzle's high-impact spells out of the fight.
- Juxtapose and Doppelganger conjures too many illusions for Dazzle to deal with, given he has no inherent movement- or AoE-abilities.
- Phantom Rush and Spirit Lance allow Phantom Lancer to trivially catch Dazzle even in the back line of a fight.
- Dazzle is weak against summons (especially ranged ones) because of Shadow Wave's unreliability as an area nuke.
- Bloodseeker's Thirst, Rupture and huge AoE silence Blood Rite can fare well against Dazzle.
- Some heroes with extreme range, like Zeus, Invoker or Clockwerk, can snipe your allies from anywhere after your Grave has expired.
- Orchid Malevolence and Bloodthorn can silence Dazzle, either to kill him or block his spells in critical moments. This forces Dazzle to spend his meager support farm on expensive Eul's Scepter, Lotus Orb, or Guardian Greaves.
- Diffusal Blade and Necronomicon burn Dazzle's mana quickly, rendering him useless.
- Dagon along with other quick nukes can snipe low-health allies before Shallow Grave's long cast animation completes.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity can be used to
- Cyclone an enemy affected by Shallow Grave, wasting a large part of the duration, and giving time to zone Dazzle away so he can't help any more,
- Cyclone Dazzle at a crucial point, to prevent him from helping his allies, or
- doom an almost-dead enemy who has been Shallow Graved, thanks to the small 50 damage inflicted on landing.
Good against...Legion Commander
- Saving an ally from Duel is easy with Shallow Grave, which may even give them time to kill Legion Commander and earn the Duel bonus damage.
- Knowing this however, better players will always wait until Shallow Grave was used before Dueling, or will always jump Dazzle first.
- Reaper's Scythe is very predictable and gives you plenty of time to react with Shallow Grave: just keep a close eye on allies below 50% health.
- However, be careful to Shadow Wave that ally immediately after, or they will die of Heartstopper Aura when the Shallow Grave ends!
- Venomancer's damage-over-time abilities are easier to heal through with numerous Shadow Waves than other types of damage, and it's simple to time a Shallow Grave until the last possible second to save a teammate from them.
- Shadow Wave will hit Clockwerk every time when he's fighting with an enemy inside Power Cogs.
- Due to Clockwerk's steady damage output, Dazzle has plenty of time to Shallow Grave anyone Clockwerk initiates on.
- Shallow Grave and Town Portal Scroll is a reliable escape if the enemy does not have a stun to interrupt channeling.
Works well with...Brewmaster
- Shallow Grave can guarantee Brewmaster gets to use Primal Split.
- The damage nuke from Shadow Wave is amplified per unit, which maximum damage is trivially achievable on a target surrounded by Spawn Spiderlings' summons.
- Huskar is at his most effective on low health, and Dazzle is the best option for keeping him safe in that state. A well-timed Shallow Grave can turn a teamfight from the worst odds, and the armor from Weave combined with magic resistance from Huskar's passives makes him extremely difficult to kill.
- Shallow Grave prevents Meepo's greatest weakness: getting one of Meepo bursted down quickly with single-target damage.
- Shadow Wave can heal all 5 Meepoes at once, and deals formidable nuke damage to any enemy they are clustered around.
- Mirror Image spawns 3 illusions at level one, allowing for a massive Shadow Wavenuke even at the very start of the game.
- Rip Tide's armor reduction further increases the effectiveness of your spells, which all deal physical damage.
- Song of the Siren can halt a teamfight, giving Weave time to work itself up to higher armor values.
- By using Shadow Wave on Phantom Lancer and his illusions from Spirit Lance, Doppelganger and Juxtapose can deal massive damage to anyone in the vicinity.
- Heroes with summons like Nature's Prophet, Lycan, Beastmaster or the ability to convert neutrals such as Chen or Enchantress all provide possibilities for a healbomb.
- Illusion heroes do not only amplify the damage output of the healbomb, but also help to keep the illusion source at high health. Namely Phantom Lancer, Naga Siren, Terrorblade or Shadow Demon.
- Minus armor strats often combine Dazzle with heroes that rely on armor reduction and deal heavy physical damage such as Templar Assassin, Slardar or Alchemist. Shadow Wave deals massive physical damage and all physical damage gets further amplified by Weave.